Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-18, 02:00 PM  
Donna D

Aging Backwards 2 - PBS Fundraiser with Miranda

I contacted Lynda at Classical Stretch today regarding an error on their website; it has been corrected as I typed this post. They re-used the same graphic as Aging Backward 1 and forgot to change the workout names graphic.
https://www.essentrics.com/page/prod...e_Workouts.htm

The following workouts will be offered as a thank you gift for a pledge of $144.

Workout 1: Full Body Connective Tissue

Our connective tissue is a vital organ that surrounds every part of our body; every muscle, cell, nerve, organ, bone, and more. By keeping this tissue healthy through correct movement, we protect the parts that it surrounds. This is the secret to a youthful, pain free, and balanced body.
This 30-minute, all-standing workout will loosen and lubricate hardened or congealed connective tissue – leaving you feel lighter, looser, and 10 years younger.

Workout 2: Back Pain & Posture

Preventing and relieving back pain requires more than just "back" focused exercises. We must rebalance our entire body and our connective tissue.
This half-hour barre workout will relieve and prevent back pain and improve your posture by working the musculature of the entire body and spine, while loosening stiff, hardened connective tissue.

Workout 3: Hand Pliability & Full Body Strengthening

One quarter of the bodies bones can be found in the hands – this makes them extremely complex and delicate structures. Keeping our hands mobile and pain free is crucial to our daily activities and quality of life.
This standing and barre workout will focus on relieving and preventing pain and chronic conditions of the hands. In only 30 minutes you will increase the pliability, strength, and mobility of the hands, fingers, and wrists while working every muscle in the entire body.

Workout 4: Foot Mobility & Fascia Release

Our feet are the foundation of our body. Stiffness in the feet, ankle and toes can spiral up causing pain throughout the rest of our bodies. Proper alignment and pliability of the feet and toes is vital to our overall health.
This half-hour, standing and barre full-body workout will correct the alignment of your feet and ankles, while stretching and loosening the musculature of your toes.

Workout 5: Better Balance Workout
We must test our balance in order to maintain it – stable, easy balance requires full body strength. This 30-minute standing and barre workout will loosen and strengthen every muscle in your body. In just half an hour you will feel stronger and more balanced.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-18, 02:19 PM  
hourglass

Thank you, Donna! I was wondering about that!

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 05:30 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hourglass View Post
Thank you, Donna! I was wondering about that!

Joan
You're welcome Joan. I'm glad I questioned it. I hope they ship the thank you gift soon.
Old 11-24-18, 05:34 PM  
Donna D

I watched the PBS pledge drive today; I thought it was interesting.

Although they didn't have a speaking part Meg, Amanda, Gail, Sahra were shown exercising along with a class.

Was hoping to see Jackie!
Old 11-24-18, 05:39 PM  
DCW

Hi everyone!

I am watching it now. I missed the first half because I was doing FBT standing.

Hopefully I will see a rebroadcast later and catch the first half.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 08:49 PM  
nevertoolate

I caught the last of the program. I'll go back to watch the whole thing later. I was excited to see Gil Hedley, a noted expert in fascia research, was included in the program. His famous short "Fuzz Speech", gave one of the clearest explanations I've ever heard for my stiffness in the morning. Check it out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FtSP-tkSug.

The older I get, the more all this fascial/connective tissue stuff makes sense to me. This is what Miranda is talking about! I pledged to my local PBS station to get the DVD package.

Yours in fitness and health.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 09:58 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
I watched the PBS pledge drive today; I thought it was interesting.

Although they didn't have a speaking part Meg, Amanda, Gail, Sahra were shown exercising along with a class.

Was hoping to see Jackie!
Ha ha! It was filmed in Boston. I do know a couple of the instructors that got to exercise with them.

I need to decide if i want the pledge package.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 10:08 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I don’t have cable so my son has taped it for me. I will watch it next time I’m over there. I won’t be buying the pledge package, too pricey with the $ exchange, but I will buy the new book when it comes out next year.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-18, 12:15 PM  
sherry7899

I cannot find a listing for any of my local PBS stations. I will keep looking out for it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote