Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-04-24, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a few more walks from Improved Health - Classic Rock and Tina Turner. These are just nice for extra steps and movement.

It is not raining at the moment - a big change for this week - but it does look like it will start again at some point today. The little walk add ons are helpful since it is challenging to get outside in this!

Today, so far:

Improved Health - Cardio Kickboxing All In One. Jessica Valant's calendar called for either a 15 min walk or her kickboxing workout. I actually did her kickboxing workout previously and it isn't bad - but I felt like no talking and music only and went with Improved Health. This one had a cardio section, a section with light weights, a balance section and then a chair stretch. It ended with some mindfulness breathing but I skipped that part. Too impatient this morning.

Jessica Valant - Standing Core - this one reminded me a lot of her standing hip mobility workout.

Jessica Valant - Thoracic Mobility - I just needed this today\

Sherry - if you are still feeling tired after work, it is probably best to wait on adding anything in. Maybe you can just add them in on the weekends.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 04-04-24, 12:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

April 4th, I did Lee Qi Gong (Day 13), Jessica Walk On: 2 Morning Walks (Endurance Walk), and Linda Barlates Beginners Loop Series (Lower).

Jessica's Endurance walk was just okay. These are always longer than I prefer, but I never end them sooner. The choreography in this is a little less inspired. Seems like we walk forward/back at least six times throughout. Boring. I much prefer her Interval walk from the same DVD.

Linda's Lower Body barlates workout was also 45 minutes! Sheesh.

Loved Lee's Qi Gong routine today. Nice hip circles, spiral arms, cloudy hands. Felt great!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 04-04-24, 07:01 PM  
Leonana

Today was walking at work around 5200 steps. I did try some stretching last night. I was so tired, that was about all I could do.

Unfortunately, I was coughing this morning and strained my muscles again on the right side. It had pretty much healed since I was coughing less. I could kick myself for straining it again, it’s pretty painful to move, especially to cough. And of course, I keep swallowing wrong and have to cough!

The high today was 88, but tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy and a high of 65. Spring weather has been nuts this year.

We are supposed to be able to see a partial eclipse (70%) on Monday between 10-12. I’ll be outside then, although I don’t want to look at it. It will be cloudy so we might not see much.

Pam, good job on the workouts.

Donna, I think I’ll wait until the weekend.
Old 04-05-24, 12:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was...

Lee Qi Gong (Day 14), Jessica Feel Good Fusion (Cardio Flow), Margaret Beauty to the Bone (workout one-Upper Body.) Good stuff!

Sherry, just grab a colander (with tiny holes in it) and point it at the ground. You can then see the crescent shaped images on the ground, looking into the colander.

The eclipse was the inspiration for our trip and weather is looking good in Maine, so far! I hope it continues to be clear!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 04-05-24, 12:55 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I did manage to get out to walk my doggie before it started raining again! I may be able to get her out today, fingers crossed!

After work I added on a few short Ellen Workouts - Mood Boosting Cardio and Energy Reset. Both were good!

Today, so far:

Charlene Prickett - Cardio CrossTrainer - Low Impact. I guess I was inspired by my VHS day on Monday! I did enjoy this one - Charlene's low impact is unique It isn't "walking" but it isn't "aerobics" either. This one is on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRa9nNe4N0c

Classical Stretch - Season 4, Episode 5 - I felt like sticking with retro and did an older one from Season 4!

Pam - I hope that you are able to get a good view of the eclipse! Thanks for the colander idea!

Sherry - I'm sorry you strained your ribs again. I think we will get a decent view of the eclipse here, not 100%, though. I hope to be able to experience some of it.

waves everyone - happy Friday!

Donna
Old 04-05-24, 06:13 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi Everyone, Scary day here. You probably heard about the earthquake we had this morning. I'd never experienced that before and it was terrifying. I had no idea what was going on and then I realized it must have been an earthquake. It lasted about 15 seconds. And then there was a strong aftershock about an hour ago. Hope this stops soon but they say it could go on for at least a week.

No workouts for me for probably another month. I've just been walking and riding my exercise bike.

Donna, Did you feel the quake where you are?

Sherry, It stinks you're still coughing. I remember I bruised my ribs one time when I had bronchitis. I'm not too interested in the eclipse with all this other crazy stuff going on! I saw the one in 2017 and that was enough for me,

Pam, Glad you're having fun in Maine!
Old 04-05-24, 06:25 PM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - I didn't notice the quake here at all. A few years ago - I guess 10+ or so we had a pretty significant earthquake here. I was actually at the local pool with my DD (she was little then, maybe 8 or so??) and I remember my chair shaking and I was thinking she was behind me shaking my chair - but it was an earthquake. There was some damage from that one to the Washington Monument and other structures. i didn't notice this one at all.

Is your next eye due for surgery this week? How are you doing otherwise? Did you take off from work?

Donna
Old 04-05-24, 07:44 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, I remember that quake because I was just about to move into my current house. That was in August 2011 and the closing was delayed because the mortgage company wanted to redo the inspection to be sure there wasn't any damage, even though it was a very minor event here. I remember it was pretty severe where you are. That must have been scary.

The next surgery is Tuesday. I took most of this week off. I did work a little because there were a few things I wanted to keep up with that would have become a mess if I didn't monitor them. But all I really did was monitor email and I attended a short meeting with my boss just to go over a few things. I'm doing well. The vision in the eye that was operated on is good and I'm looking forward to getting the next one over with because it's weird being in this in between phase. I can't drive or go anywhere.
Old 04-05-24, 09:22 PM  
Leonana

Walking at work, 5300 steps. My side is still sore, but better. Of course, it makes me want to cough, knowing its painful!

wishiwasinhawaii, I’m glad you are okay from the earthquake. I remember growing up in Yuma, close to the California border, and experiencing one. It felt like the ground was moving but I wasn’t! It did feel weird. I remember seeing the cars sway in the street.

Pam, thanks for the eclipse tip. But I’ll be at work, so won’t have a colander.

Donna, did you decide on a contractor?
Old 04-06-24, 06:03 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Gosh, I was not online ... I don't know what happened, but I simply forgot to post here.

I'm in northeast Maryland and felt the quake! Though I didn't realize it was an earthquake. I live adjacent to the Aberdeen Proving Grounds army base. They do chemical and biological research, but also artillery and bomb testing. So we experience the earth shaking and bomb noises regularly thru out the day. So I just figured it was the army base doing testing. But it was a little different. I felt it coming from underground, like from the basement, and the sensation was like heavy construction equipment ramming against the basement wall. Interesting.

I do remember the earthquake from several years ago. I was at work (near Washington, D.C.), but outside taking a break. I was walking up stairs to go into my office building just as the quake hit. And everything started swaying back & forth. I continued trying to walk up the stairway, and then people were running out of the building - they were all swaying too. It was very scary. Y'day's quake was nothing like that one.

I've strayed a bit from my planned rotation. I tried one of Jessica's SHED workouts and got hooked! Gosh, I love 4-limb, combination moves, metcon workouts. I like to go moderately light, counting it more as cardio. But my body always feels good with those type of workouts. So I've friend three of her latest SHED workouts.

I will catch up more with everyone's doings.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes