Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-10, 06:37 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I did the lower body workout today. If you like step back lunges, static lunges, and squats, this is for you. My legs were shaking and I was sweating! And I thought it was going to be easy. To be fair to my poor legs, they haven't gotten much action other than Leslie in over a month.

I previewed Blast and it looks like it gets the whole body good. I think I'll do it on Friday.

Is anyone doing/going to do the rotation?

Day 1: Upper
Day 2: Lower & Core
Day 3: Total Body Blast
Day 4: Upper & Core
Day 5: Yoga
Days 6 & 7: Off

Day 8: Total Body Blast
Day 9: Lower
Day 10: Upper & Core
Day 11: Total
Day 12: Yoga
Days 13 & 14: Off

Day 15: Lower
Day 16: Upper & Core
Day 17: Total Body Blast
Day 18: Lower & Core
Day 19: Yoga
Day 20: Lower and Upper
Day 21: Off

Day 22: Total & Core
Day 23: Lower Body
Day 24: Upper Body & Core
Day 25: Yoga
Day 26: Lower & Upper
Day 27: Yoga
Day 28: Off

Day 29: Lower & Upper
Day 30: Total & Core
I am going to try this rotation with some minor changes. I will do core when I do the upper body workout. on day 6 where is says rest, I will probably do chris's Walking Cardio Shape up, or her cardio from the 2 week turnaround. I also did her lower body workout today and my legs felt like jello when I was done, I was surprised going up and down in that runner's lunge position was taxing. The workouts did look easy, but I was huffing and puffing all the way. I will be doing total body blast tomorrow and probably finish up with her yoga segment from the 2 week turnaround cardio dvd. for the yoga, i will probably do bob harpers segment 1 from his weight loss yoga, since they still haven't added the yoga workout to the on demand schedule. Or maybe jillian michael's yoga meltdown.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 07:10 PM  
fagiles

I was hoping this new workout would be in the ExTV All Access Pass list but it isn't. I considered purchasing but am hoping it will show up there within 60 days and then I can just download it..

felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 05:55 AM  
CHAPLYN61

I just did total body blast.....and I love it. There seems to be a lot of lower body emphasis in this workout. Even when you are doing upperbody, you are always working the lower body. The cardio was not as intense, but the constant state of leg work keeps you sweating!
Old 04-14-10, 10:11 AM  
Gyggles1

After reading this last night which I had done the Blast workout before I decided to do 2 of the workouts this morning, I was sweating buckets!

I did 10lb slimdown Lower body & upper body, I just love Chris but my knees were feeling it a little but I think I could still do this like 1x a week I still have so many others I can't stick to a rotation that I love them all.

You can buy the DVD on exercise tv with all the workouts I believe its 19.99 but while its free I will take it

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 11:51 AM  
CharM

Oh my gluteness! My glutes and quads are sore from yesterday's lower body workout. That hadn't happened in a while, even before my month-long Lesliethon. It was those runner's lunges, I'll bet, especially in the down position bringing one knee in. yowza!!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 04:54 PM  
Gyggles1

Oh yes once I got into those runners lunges I thought YIKES! LOL.

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 07:56 PM  
CharM

Chaplyn, did you start the rotation?

Quote:
Oh yes once I got into those runners lunges I thought YIKES! LOL.
She kills the glutes and quads in Blast, too! Why didn't anyone warn me? It doesn't last long but it's long enough to feel the burn.

I did Blast and Core today. I was sweating! It could have been that it was very warm in here, which is unusual, I'm always starting out cold but I don't know for sure. Anyway, I haven't had sweat dripping like that in a while, I loved it. I can't believe how quickly the time flies. Yes, they're short workouts, like under 25 minutes, but still, for being so short, she gets you good.

4/20 update:
obliques: sore
glutes: sore
hamstrings: sore
everything else: not sore

FYI: these workouts each have some strength sections followed by a 30 second cardio blast, first low impact, then high - then a 20 second active recovery - repeat circuit
Old 04-20-10, 05:52 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Smile

Yes, I have started the rotation. Today was lower body and I may do core tonight when i get home. I know i'm supposed to do it tommor with upper body, but i have to leave the house early tomorrow and may not get it in. I broke down and ordered the DVD from Exercise TV as I am really enjoying these workouts , but am sorely missing the yoga ( on Demand does not have this one up) I have been subbing biggers loser weight loss yoga in its place. May add some extra cardio next week to the rotation also. My lower body really feels these moves in the lower body work out and the body blast and to some degree even the upper body workout!
Old 04-20-10, 07:59 AM  
Bliss6789

I watched these on ExTv on Demand. They do look good, especially the total body and lower body ones (the upper body was just ok IMO). Total Body Blast kinda reminded me of the Shape Bikini Body workouts with Michelle Dozios, Lisa Wheeler, and Tracy York. I think they were called Transforming and Redefining. If you liked the cardio/strength combination workouts on those dvds, you would probably like Total Body Blast.

Old 04-20-10, 12:49 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
I broke down and ordered the DVD from Exercise TV as I am really enjoying these workouts , but am sorely missing the yoga
ooh, be sure to report back, letting us know how you like the yoga workout. I'll be doing these workouts until the end of next week, and if I don't get sick of them, maybe the following week.

Tags
chris freytag, exercise tv, exercisetv, walking workouts