Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-20, 03:24 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
It is getting really horrible for some people.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/end-ne...-lockdown-now/
Terri, this is an op-Ed not a news article. It’s blatantly political and is one person’s opinion. I can easily post some fact based links pointing out mishandling by national leaders to offer some balance, but I will not because Wendy warned us about this previously.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 06:57 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Apparently, Georgia reported the numbers in a way to make it appear cases were decreasing. In fact, they have increased.
That is unfortunate. Most of my family and friends are in GA, and I was hoping that the numbers were decreasing. Of course, they are busy worried about me in NJ .

I'm with Sherry, no complaining about the lines or that they don't have my favorite bacon in stock. Not that I was really complaining before, but I did feel a pang in my heart for that bacon lol! As I suffer from migraines and other issues, there's certain foods that I stay away from. When I want bacon, only one kind will do.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 08:33 AM  
sherry7899

Bubbles, which kind of bacon are you looking for? I can keep an eye out .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 09:05 AM  
bubbles76

Aww thanks Sherry! It's Applegate Farms Turkey Bacon . It's hit or miss regularly, now it's really hard to find. At least in my area. I can usually count on Shop Rite or Target having it in town, but it's been scarce. I can probably find it at Whole Foods or Wegmans, but I'm not usually going to drive 30 minutes out of the way just for bacon. It was a short drive when I was in the office, as one of those grocery stores is a short drive. Since I'm not in the office though, I can't just pop in to get my bacon.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 09:09 AM  
sherry7899

Do you belong to BJ's? They sell it there.
I do not know if they currently have it in stock.
They sell two packs joined together.

https://www.bjs.com/product/applegat...00000000168151

Can you try Trader Joe's Turkey bacon? It is nitrate free and very good. It is uncured.

Old 05-22-20, 09:17 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Terri, this is an op-Ed not a news article. It’s blatantly political and is one person’s opinion. I can easily post some fact based links pointing out mishandling by national leaders to offer some balance, but I will not because Wendy warned us about this previously.
I just thought it is sad that some people have lost their jobs. I know some of them.

By the way: I work every day fit testing nursing staff in N95s, sterilizing PPE that is supposed to be disposable, and helping our chemists make and bottle hand sanitizer. I see the nurses with small children lose it because they cannot risk going home. I don't know why you had to be so nasty to me about posting something I read. Oh well.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 09:21 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I just thought it is sad that some people have lost their jobs. I know some of them.

By the way: I work every day fit testing nursing staff in N95s, sterilizing PPE that is supposed to be disposable, and helping our chemists make and bottle hand sanitizer. I see the nurses with small children lose it because they cannot risk going home. I don't know why you had to be so nasty to me about posting something I read. Oh well.
Terry, thank you for doing such a difficult job.

Old 05-22-20, 10:29 AM  
Terry

Thank you Sherry. My job is easy compared to those on the front line. The only hard part for me is that my real work is getting behind - big not-a-woo eh!

My "company" is a large medical center/university (You might recall that from our old challenge group). Our researchers have very promising results with anti-viral treatment using 3 drugs that are already on the market. Fingers crossed.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 02:44 PM  
Leonana

Quote:

My "company" is a large medical center/university (You might recall that from our old challenge group). Our researchers have very promising results with anti-viral treatment using 3 drugs that are already on the market. Fingers crossed.
That sounds wonderful!
Old 05-26-20, 12:38 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:

I didn’t mean to be nasty and apologize if I sounded that way

Full disclosure: I have a very low tolerance for the attempts to understate the seriousness of this pandemic and the focus by some on the economy Rather than public health . I do agree with you about people who have lost their jobs because of this, and I am happy to have my tax dollars go to help folks get through this.

I have to work in an office where the senior leadership has taken a haphazard approach and are bringing people back despite it not being in line with the organization chief’s guidance. My third level supervisor shamed me for being afraid to be at work, told me there was no Covid in the entire organization, and said this was like the flu. I live in the DC area and it is now a hot spot. Regardless she’s brought people back before the entire organization is starting it’s planned, gradual return of the workforce. Since I’m a manager, I’ve had to call my folks in, despite my fears that They could get sick.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19