Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-20, 10:26 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

May 2020 Yoga Cross Trainers: The birds of hope are everywhere, listen to them sing

“The birds of hope are everywhere, listen to them sing”
~unknown

A warm welcome to all as we move into May and continue to navigate this difficult time.

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. We enjoy a wide variety of activities along with yoga, Qi Gong, & meditation.

Back later to post my day...

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 08:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!
Here’s hoping May brings more freedom and less virus!

Yesterday...
~Essentrics class on zoom
~WOW:30 min workout
~neighbourhood walk

Today...
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Neighbourhood walk

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-02-20, 08:08 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had three straight days of sinus headaches so I haven't done anything since Tuesday .

I still don't feel 100 percent but I wanted to do something today.

I did 30 minutes of an NIA class, and Yoga Upload yoga for self care, which was very nice.

I'll check back later. I wanted to get subscribed to the thread .

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 10:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I hope everyone had a happy May Day. I don't know if they still do it, but when I lived in Hawaii it was observed as Aloha Day and the tradition is to buy leis for your loved ones. I'll never forget arriving at the office and being astounded at the florist shop boxes piled high with leis. We each got a huge one from the company, bosses brought them in for employees in their departments, friends gave them to friends. I think I came home with five leis around my neck. The smell coming up all day was heavenly!

My accomplishments included:

~ YwK Day 13, Yoga Flow to Detox & Destress
~ YwK Day 14, Lower Back Pain Release
~ Lucy Wyndham-Read 10 Minute Walk & Tone Workout

I hope you feel better soon Sherry.

Pam - thank you for starting the check-in! I like the thought of listening to the birds of hope. We sure need it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 09:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~Jessica’s Cardio Ballet
~Body Groove: 30 min total of of short clips from the newer workouts on the website. I wanted to try them to see if they we’re less freeform & had a little choreography, and they did. The class was smaller too which I prefer. I quite enjoyed them, might consider a month of streaming for some variety
~ePilates Online: Magic Circle - core, glute, & hamstring focus
~My own leg & hip stretches and neck & back stretches with my various props

Pat - Love that Hawaii celebrates Aloha Day! Hawaii is one of my favourite places, it must have been lovely to live there! Our May Day was pretty uneventful & I hope May brings brighter days. Yes, we must remain hopeful, things will get better. It might take a while but I believe it will happen if we stay vigilant.

Sherry - I hope you feel better!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-03-20, 09:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! It was so beautiful yesterday. I'm a little burned out on the same beach route, so we located a different wooded path. It was very pretty with the proverbial babbling brooks and lotus ponds. But the "trail" if you can call it that - was treacherous with lots of rocks, roots and logs. Halfway through the flashing marks went away and there was no clear direction, so we turned back and sat in front of a pond right where it turned into a little waterfall.

Back at home I did YwK Day 15, Full Body Morning Yoga (in the afternoon). I tweaked my shoulder, so I'll give my upper body a day or two break.

Pam - I am feeling hopeful too. The daily meditation is helping me to stay in the present - one day at a time, one day at a time. Enjoy your Body Groove subscription if you decide to go for it. Can you recommend a supported stretch for tweaky shoulder? It feels like clavicle - trapezoid.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 05-03-20, 01:06 PM  
cyana

Happy May

Today:
weights - on my own
MFML - Easy Hips 1 - Leila Sadaghee
MFML - Meditation: Intimacy With Being Here - Mimi Kuo-Deemer

Working on getting weights back into my life on a regular basis as I've been quite erratic and my strength has most assuredly taken a hit. I've also been spending long hours at the desk, and decided this would be a good time to revisit Leila's Easy Hips Series.

Pam - That was a lovely and very appropriate quote for May. It's interesting you chose that, as I've really tuned in to the bird songs recently and find their songs alternately uplifting and amusing. The mockingbirds have really been creative of late and some of the sounds they interject into their songs crack me up. These are definitely city birds!

Sherry - I sure hope your headache is better today. Thanks for recommending "The Terry Kath Experience" on Amazon Prime. DH and I watched it last night. Terry was a musical genius - loved the story by James/Jimmy Pankow about the song that Terry was carrying around in his head and how Jimmy was blown away at the complexity when Terry had him put the song on paper.

Pat - Your new walking route sounded like a perfect place to go and soothe the soul - as long as one doesn't have a close encounter with the treacherous rocks! Loved the Aloha Day story.

In happy news, my turmeric plants poked out of the dirt a couple of days ago and that always makes me happy to see them wake up from their long winter's nap. Now to impatiently wait for the ginger to do the same.

Must get some things ticked off the to do list this afternoon before my week-end slips away. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 08:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics mini stretch on the CS FB page
~10 min rebounding
~Jessica’s Walk On Metabolism Booster: upper body circuit
~Headstand, neck & back stretches with my props & devices

Cyana - I’ve also been trying be consistent with regular weight workouts. That Easy Hips Series is nice, I should revisit it. I’m keeping our suet cage filled as I love watching our feathered friends coming & going. We have two beautiful stellar jays and a woodpecker show up occasionally. Their weight sure makes it swing and they do intimidate the little guys.

Pat - Sorry you tweaked your shoulder! Here’s a link to a picture of a few stretchy shoulder opening poses. I might skip the standing ones, especially if your looking for something more restorative, but the first three are faves of mine. You can adjust block heights or use something softer where needed. In the double block lying cactus (aka supported fish) I usually put the block lengthwise down my back instead of across. I hope that helps!
https://images.app.goo.gl/Tvm99ym32a6uauvX7

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-04-20, 08:14 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

Yesterday's workout:

Soul Sweat with Maria-Cleansing-55 minutes
Yoga Upload Hips, Legs, Feet-20 minutes. I love the hip openers in this one.

I haven't done anything today yet. My DH needed to start work earlier than usual, so I missed my chance to exercise in our finished basement. I may take a walk instead of doing indoor cardio. We finally have nice weather.

Pat, I hope your shoulder is feeling better.

I really need to establish daily meditation. Thank you for the reminder!

I'll check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 09:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day!

What a glorious weekend by me! Perfect weather, warm but not too hot. Yesterday I just did housework and a casual stroll around the neighborhood - rested my shoulder.

Sherry did you get to have your walk and enjoy the weather?

Pam thank you so much for those stretches, I will do them after work. The inflammation part is going down so now is the right time to incorporate them. Looks like you had fun with your props and devices.

Cyana good luck sticking to a weights rotation. They're so important. I was gifted with a mockingbird during meditation group this morning! How cool that you have turmeric and ginger plants, did you put store bought rhizomes in? I wonder if they'd be hardy in my zone.

Good morning to Margot, Jackie, Kate and anyone who pops by for a visit.