Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-14, 12:24 PM  
Sara1000

What Cathe workouts are you still doing?

Or doing again?

I recently started doing the Gymstyle workouts regularly and realize they are the perfect workouts for me. The Timesaver premixes have just enough sets to give me a thorough workout, or if I really want to hit a muscle group hard I do all the sets for that group.

The other one I use a lot is High Reps.

I have owned almost all of Cathe's workouts over the years but Haven't kept very many. The Gymstyles luckily I put away rather than trade and now they are like new workouts to me
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 12:52 PM  
jenn38

This past month I have done weight work from gymstyles, 4 day split and pure strength. Pure strength is a new to me workout and it was great. I only did the upperbody workouts though. I also love Cathe Live so I try to do one of those weekly.
Old 10-18-14, 02:13 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I do a lot of them, but this month I pulled out Slow and Heavy. I always make significant strength gains from this set and have decided to do it at least twice a year, for about a 3 week rotation. It's a hard, hard series if you truly go heavy, but you can't argue with results!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 07:26 PM  
deineira

I'm just getting back to Cathe after a long hiatus. I joined her online service and have been doing the live workouts mostly, but today I did Great Glutes which is newer.. The other day I did Party Rockin Step 2. I also preordered the new series. I'm adding her into HDM Workouts mostly, with some ART thrown in here and there.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 07:30 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I am doing her Pure Strength series for a month. Loving it!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 08:39 PM  
darbyndoug

I signed up for on demand so decided to do STS.....I'm very sore after the first workout, the endurance one for chest, shoulders and biceps. It was tough to get through it....all those push-ups!
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 10:04 PM  
dela

I just did Cardio Core Circuit after not doing it for years. It's a little high impact and my calf was feeling it, but I enjoyed it when I did it, and really liked the core moves in it. I will probably do it again, but sub a couple of the jumping moves.

I am doing mainly lower body and core workouts now to let my shoulder heal, so I plan on pulling out some of her leg workouts. I don't have all of them because I wasn't a huge fan of lower body workouts only in the past, but now that it's all I can do, I have to take a second look at some stuff.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 12:05 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I am doing her Pure Strength series for a month. Loving it!
oh yes! pure strength is so fun and quick.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 12:52 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I used to do Cathe's strength workouts pretty regularly. She was always a favorite instructor of mine. About two years ago, I got out of doing her workouts, only because they were so long (even with premixes!)

A week ago I started going through some of her step workouts. I was never much of a stepper, but I needed something different. I'm having fun, learning something new, even though it's taking a while to catch on.

I was never into high impact, so I avoided much of Cathe's cardio. Love her warmups, though!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 06:08 AM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

I'm currently doing:

Turbo Barre and High Reps.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote