Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-14, 08:07 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Loving Cathe Live!

I subscribed to Cathe Live on 6/1/14. I was waiting for her to film at least four workouts before I subscribed. I'm using my Ipod Touch 5th Generation to stream it to my TV with a cord. After figuring out the little annoying stuff (had my player set to sleep mode every 2 minutes and had to take that off so it wouldn't pause on me), it was GREAT!

I did the Cardio & Weights workout this morning that was filmed 5/29/14. The set up was: warmup - cardio segment - upperbody exercise (two exercises done in two rounds) - quick back & abs - cooldown/stretch.

Equipment was minimal - two sets of weights (heavy & slightly less heavy) + tubing with handles + mat.

Cathe cued great, had a great demeanor (joking with both the at home audience and gym members), the music was loud enough to hear but you could still hear her, and it really reminded me of how much I loved the classes during the Cathe Roadtrips I took years ago. I was a happy sweaty mess at the end.

I can't wait to try out the other three she's filmed and I'm looking forward to all the other's she has yet to film.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 08:51 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I subscribed to Cathe Live on 6/1/14. I was waiting for her to film at least four workouts before I subscribed. I'm using my Ipod Touch 5th Generation to stream it to my TV with a cord. After figuring out the little annoying stuff (had my player set to sleep mode every 2 minutes and had to take that off so it wouldn't pause on me), it was GREAT!

I did the Cardio & Weights workout this morning that was filmed 5/29/14. The set up was: warmup - cardio segment - upperbody exercise (two exercises done in two rounds) - quick back & abs - cooldown/stretch.

Equipment was minimal - two sets of weights (heavy & slightly less heavy) + tubing with handles + mat.

Cathe cued great, had a great demeanor (joking with both the at home audience and gym members), the music was loud enough to hear but you could still hear her, and it really reminded me of how much I loved the classes during the Cathe Roadtrips I took years ago. I was a happy sweaty mess at the end.

I can't wait to try out the other three she's filmed and I'm looking forward to all the other's she has yet to film.

Kathy G
So glad you liked it
I'm in love with them too. I haven't been able to do the one you described, because I've been sick, so I'm excited to try it now! I the Legs workout from the week before!
I've never been on her roadtrips, but I also love the pseudo feeling of being right there with everybody - it's the next best thing! I also love Cathe's energy and the just-having-fun vibe
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 02:20 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I think you're going to love it Danielle! The next one I plan to try is the Step Circuit. I can't wait to see what she films this week too!

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 03:00 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I'm really excited to try this out! I just got the cable I need to hook up my Iphone to my tv today. I'm hoping by Friday I'll be able to try out one of the workouts. I never thought I'd get into streaming but its been driving me crazy hearing about these new Cathe workouts that people are having fun with and I'm missing out! If there was one person that could push me over the edge to do it it's Cathe!
Old 06-06-14, 01:43 PM  
cmiyachi

I also really like Cathe Live. It really feels like you are there in class. I do them once a week. They are intense too!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 02:27 PM  
kariev34

I'm loving it as well. I did the cardio leg blast/high step workout today and it was AMAZING! I love seeing normal people of all body types workout as well. I get tired of seeing perfect bodies on a workout DVD all the time.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 03:17 PM  
isebelleg44

From the clips I've seen it sounds like she uses the same music from her dvds. Is that true? TIA!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 03:21 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
i'm loving it as well. I did the cardio leg blast/high step workout today and it was amazing! I love seeing normal people of all body types workout as well. I get tired of seeing perfect bodies on a workout dvd all the time.
+1
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 09:09 PM  
tara426

Playing on an Iphone

I still can not get it to play on my Iphone. I downloaded Ustream, but I am unable to locate the Cathe Live Channel. Can anyone help me? On other streaming sites I just connect my iphone to the tv and it is fine.
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 09:12 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
From the clips I've seen it sounds like she uses the same music from her dvds. Is that true? TIA!
That has been the case so far. I'm sure it's some sort of licensing issue because in her normal classes (which aren't broadcast), she uses top 40 music.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote