Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-13, 02:56 PM  
edensmom

Like I mentioned upthread, for me personally Barre is the second easiest. However, I found the more I did it , the more I was able to focus on executing the moves (vs. what comes next) and concentrating on the moves made the moves feel more challenging. Hope that made sense.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 03:38 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I've found that if I go down just a teensy bit lower in this move and really focus on my quads (but not so low that my bad knees act up), I can get them to really feel the burn and shake. If I'm up too high, my legs don't feel it at all, but that tiny drop downwards really helps get things shaking!
Thanks for this! I'll try it next time. To be honest, I was happy for the break in the burn, ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Like I mentioned upthread, for me personally Barre is the second easiest. However, I found the more I did it , the more I was able to focus on executing the moves (vs. what comes next) and concentrating on the moves made the moves feel more challenging. Hope that made sense.
Oh yeah, that makes total sense. That's how I am with TA too - the first few times I'm just learning the moves, but when I learn them and focus on perfecting my form, then I REALLY feel it. Thanks
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 05:43 PM  
isebelleg44

Today I did Fusion and really liked it. I liked the instructor and the moves. I found this one challenging and fun. And at one point during the floorwork, she actually inserted an inner thigh stretch before moving onto the other side. I could have kissed her! It's the first time, I have ever seen any down time during these workouts.

This one is a real arm and inner thigh burner. She also hits the core well.

Thumbs up from me!

Only Barre left to try. I ordered a little ball from Amazon. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow, so I can try Barre on Thursday.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 09:44 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I did Fusion this morning.

Ummmmm, Hmmmmm, I'm still trying to figure out what I did during this workout. There were moments when I was swearing like a sailor (the F word flowed quite freely), and there were moments when I thought, "I liked that exercise!"

The overall workout wasn't super tough, THANK GOODNESS! But going into the next exercise at a lightening pace was very frustrating at times. I know that this is the trend for the majority of the workouts out there today, but seriously, it will not take anything away from a workout if an instructor set up for the next exercise.

Overall, I really did like the workout, and I'm going to stick with just two DB workouts until I get better at them, and work my way through the set this way. If not, I'm going to ditch the whole set. I'll preview the others and see what two I want to get close to perfecting first. I want to do one that is more cardio focused and one that is more toning focused.

Loved the inner thigh work! I've never done inner thigh work that really targeted my inner thighs, and I liked how they used the stability ball. I also LOVED the curtsy lunge segment. It's the first time that I really felt my inner thighs working with this exercise. I also really liked the focus on upper body again, especially the triceps.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 11:19 PM  
edensmom

Debbie, that is exactly what I did- focused on 2 workouts til I mastered them. I chose Fusion and Fusion Mix.
I agree, the inner thigh work is awesome in this set.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 06:49 AM  
hotncmom

Today on the schedule is the Fusion workout Darby teaches. I hope I really like this one and I am excited and a bit scared to tackle it, but I want results! I need to drop a pant size as quickly as possible! I want my thighs to look good a month from now when I venture into the pool. I want to wear my 4 inch inseam shorts with pride!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 07:11 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Fusion Mix gave me inner thigh doms as well. It shows that cross-training is a good thing.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 08:42 AM  
marmact

I like the idea of focusing on one or two until one gets them "down" more. I guess I am in the minority because I actually really liked Bikini Bootcamp. I mean, the pace was a bit crazed, but the exercise sequencing was good, and I know where I need to modify so as not to hurt myself (due to the pace).

Which Fusion are you guys doing? Does Darby lead both of those? I know one of them uses the ball for at least the beginning section.
Old 05-15-13, 08:46 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I like the idea of focusing on one or two until one gets them "down" more. I guess I am in the minority because I actually really liked Bikini Bootcamp. I mean, the pace was a bit crazed, but the exercise sequencing was good, and I know where I need to modify so as not to hurt myself (due to the pace).

Which Fusion are you guys doing? Does Darby lead both of those? I know one of them uses the ball for at least the beginning section.
I have done Fusion Mix with Darby, which uses the ball at the beginning and is about an hour. Yesterday I did Fusion, and can't remember the instrutor's name, which uses the ball at the end and is about 45 minutes.

I like both of them, but enjoyed the 45 minute Fusion more. Probably because it is easier and shorter!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 08:50 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I have done Fusion Mix with Darby, which uses the ball at the beginning and is about an hour. Yesterday I did Fusion, and can't remember the instrutor's name, which uses the ball at the end and is about 45 minutes.

I like both of them, but enjoyed the 45 minute Fusion more. Probably because it is easier and shorter!
Thanks, Isebelle. I think I will try that one next. I'm in the middle of a fantastic rotation (mix of Asylum, Body Beast, P90X, some other stuff) and only really get one "cardio of choice" day, which I have such a hard time filling because I want to do everything, LOL. I think I'll try the 45-minute Fusion this week. Thanks for the rec.

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua