Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-11, 10:50 AM  
loosetooth

Peak fit challenge...yes or no??

I am interested in buying peak fit challenge. Should I?? Yes or no?? If I do get it I am making the comittment to do it for the full 8 weeks. I need results within the next 2 months as I am bridesmaid in my sisters wedding. I know that number the number one thing to do for weight loss is watching what is put into the mouth, but I also want to do an EFFECTIVE workout to make me look....BAM!!
loosetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 10:59 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did six weeks of the 8 week rotation, and yes, I thought it effective. I was finally able to break through a plateau with this -- I'm not sure what the magic was for me, but it did seem like maybe there was a little magic where I was finally able to keep my eating in check for an extended time to bust through the plateau. I saw more muscle definition with this than with a lot of time doing Cathe's stuff, too. But yes, you have to be sure not to eat too much..... (oh, and just a heads up -- the first week or so I was so sore and really didn't know if I could keep at it -- felt like my joints were sore and that I was just too old for it, but..... I kept going and pretty soon they were just tough and I wasn't so sore). Good luck!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 11:20 AM  
ellaenchanted

Yes! They are such great workouts. The band that comes with it has A LOT of resistance so I need to use a different band most of the time.

I've been doing what I like to call "a year of systems." I have had to do abbreviated versions in order to get everything in. I can't pick a favorite right now but here is what I have done:

CLX: I have to add extra cardio. I become very strong with this. I always need to add extra cardio to this rotation. I love the results but I will admit that I do get some slightly bulky arms and legs.

PeakFit Challenge: love all the cardio! My body responds really well to that for overall fat loss and firming.

Meta Omni- flattens my abs like nothing else. Good for overall slimming. Can get a little repetitive after awhile.

Supreme 90 - really works your core! This is also a good overall fatloss and firming. And Tom Holland is pretty easy to look at.

10 Pond Slimdown Exteme- Just got this so I don't have anything to really add here. I am planning to combine this w/ Meta Omni for at least 60
days and then reevaluate from there.
S
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 12:08 PM  
Renae21

I love these workouts, so I would say yes. But it all depends on what works for you. I find it to be more on the cardio side, though you do get a good dose of strength training. I find my favorite workouts are the cardio strength ones. I think Michelle is very motivating and there's just enough DVD's to not make you want to give up on the rotation.
Renae21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 12:58 PM  
MARIKA

This has been the best series I have done in awhile. It's so fun and the moves are all great. I'm starting week 3!
Old 10-29-11, 05:10 PM  
joycet
VF Supporter

I am starting on week six of this rotation. Whether you will like it or not definitely depends on what your body responds to. As others have said, the program is heavy on the cardio side not so much on the weights. There are all weights workouts but for most of the rotation you only do those workouts once per week.

Most of the workouts are 55 minutes in length with no options (premixes) for shorter workouts. There is one workout in the program that is 40 minutes (the Any Time Anywhere, No Excuses workout) which can be thrown in just about anywhere in the rotation but again, most of the workouts are about an hour. I've struggled a bit with this as I started a new job around the time I started this rotation and at times needed a shorter workout.

The band that comes with the program has been tough for me to get much out of. It does not have enough give so I have had to sub with other bands on those moves. I've wondered if they are using different levels of resistance as theirs seem a lot stretchier.

Overall, I think it's a good program and Michelle is a good instructor. Again.. whether you will like it depends on your goals.
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 11:31 PM  
gigi

I say GET THEM! I have them on loan and I'm LOVING them. This system has it all: steady state cardio, interval cardio, total body strength, cardio/strength/interval circuit, core, flexiblity. I've been using them since October 16 for the majority of my workouts but I'm not following the prescribed rotation. This is what I've done so far:
10/16 Pure Strength 1
10/17 Pure Cardio
10/18 No workout
10/19 No workout
10/20 Cardio Strength 2
10/21 Pure Cardio
10/22 Pure Strength 1
10/23 Athletic Step/RKS #9 Second half (swings)/RKS CD
10/24 Cardio Strength 2
10/25 Peak 10 Anytime Anywhere Workout
10/26 Peak 10 Dynamic Flexibility
10/27 Peak 10 Pure Stength 1
10/28 Turbo Fire Fire 30
10/29 Cardio Strength 2 (no extra rests or pauses)

My endurance is increasing b/c today I could do Cardio Strength 2 without having to take extra pauses to suck air in. I'm attempting and completing more push ups on my toes, I like the looks of my arms, my clothes are fitting nice and I've stayed one size down despite my diet pit falls. I love the use of the bands and the way these are put together is mint. The Pure Strength workouts fly b/c there is so little repetition over and over of the same move yet I feel completely worked out. Don't leave out the Anytime Anywhere Workout in your rotation. It is a great cardio/bodyweight workout and it packs quite a bunch in around 40 minutes.

If I could afford it, I'd own this set in a heart beat!
Old 10-30-11, 06:17 AM  
peluso

Get Peak Fit! The series is tough but fun. However, if you order, I suggest placing your order by phone. When I initially did it online, they said they had no record of it.
peluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 09:30 PM  
msgrits

I'm a little late to the conversation but these workouts are a winner. They are super interesting and high intensity. I had the first two videos before the complete system came out. I was hesitant about getting the system but am so glad that I did.
msgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 09:56 PM  
stimpy

Love these workouts! I got great results. One of my best fitness purchaches this year.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote