Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-11, 03:55 AM  
topfitmama

Doing justice to the workouts you own

I find it hard to do justice to the workouts I own when my mind is consumed by all the workouts I'd like to try!
Anyone else feel this way?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 06:15 AM  
Terry

Absolutely. My giant collection causes stress, so I've been working through them and de-cluttering as part of the All My Workouts challenge. I started with over 800 workouts.

There are several "Do Them All / Get Rid of Some / Limit Buying / Do Your Virgins" type challenges going on. If you are not already in one or more of these, I vote you join us in the AMW Challenge
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 08:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ruth, this is exactly why I tend to keep my own collection around 100 or so. When it starts getting higher than that, I start to get antsy and start giving stuff away. I know that not everyone is like this, but I just hate having DVDs that I don't use on a somewhat regular basis (I make exception for a few therapeutic/rehab DVDs that I keep on hand). But it's consistent with my personality, as I am the same way with clothes and other things.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 08:33 AM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
... I know that not everyone is like this, but I just hate having DVDs that I don't use on a somewhat regular basis (I make exception for a few therapeutic/rehab DVDs that I keep on hand). But it's consistent with my personality, as I am the same way with clothes and other things.
I'm the same way. I can't stand to have things in the house that I don't use. I'm an anti-hoarder, and maybe to the extreme!

I keep some easier DVDs around, just in case I get sick or get injured. I will get rid of a workout as soon as I figure out I won't use it regularly, and can't get rid of it fast enough!

I'm sure there is a name for this "affliction"....

Sandi
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 08:42 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I started with over 800 workouts.
Wowza!!!! that's a LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
There are several "Do Them All / Get Rid of Some / Limit Buying / Do Your Virgins" type challenges going on. If you are not already in one or more of these, I vote you join us in the AMW Challenge
Thanks for the invitation I'm doing a sort-of rotation combining barre, pilates and some circuits or cardio, which uses most of my DVDs (25 last time I counted) and some downloads (I have a lot of those! ) My goal is to work with what I have for another month or two (or longer) before buying anything new. Trading is ok, of course

I got to thinking about this because I already have enough workouts of every style I enjoy to keep me busy. I did Cruch Super Slimdown last night and I had forgotten all about some of the moves and how they feel! Two days ago I did a Suzanne Bowen download and wondered why I don't do it more often instead of always looking for something new
So I've put my wishes on the back burner and I'm going to focus on what I own already and discover its potential!
Old 06-23-11, 08:52 AM  
sunday

I probably have fewer than 100 workouts, and I tend to naturally rotate through groups of them. Right now I have about five to 10 that I am using on a daily basis. I used to pursue DVDs with a passion, but just don't do that anymore. In fact, I can't even name a new workout that I want right now. I am a total purger, in all areas of my life, and will get rid of workouts I know I'll never do again.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 09:04 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi M View Post
I'm the same way. I can't stand to have things in the house that I don't use. I'm an anti-hoarder, and maybe to the extreme!

I keep some easier DVDs around, just in case I get sick or get injured. I will get rid of a workout as soon as I figure out I won't use it regularly, and can't get rid of it fast enough!

I'm sure there is a name for this "affliction"....
Yeah, it's called "sanity".

I wish I was an anti-hoarder. I'm something inbetween the two extremes but working on reducing my collections of books, movies & exercise videos. It's a lot better than it was!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 09:09 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I know that not everyone is like this, but I just hate having DVDs that I don't use on a somewhat regular basis (I make exception for a few therapeutic/rehab DVDs that I keep on hand).
That sounds like me. I keep some DVDs that I know I will go back to even if I'm not doing them right now, but if something feels redundant, I just want it gone.
My main problem is always wanting something else, probably because I think it will give me better results, or be more fun...
Old 06-23-11, 09:38 AM  
TinaT

I have way too many in my collection that I'm not using. I need to change my habits and only have those I'll truly use. Even if it's not on a monthly basis. I literally have WOs in my collection due to emotional attachment, yet it's doing no good for my body unless I put it in the stinkin dvd/vcr player.

My current trades list is an attempt to break this habit once and for all.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 09:50 AM  
joycet
VF Supporter

I have been on a kick lately of paring down my collection but I'm like TinaT in that I have workouts on my shelves that I have an attachment to for one reason or the other. My biggest problem is I'll look at a workout and say "well I remember liking it when I did it so maybe I should keep it in case I want to do it again". Then I get overwhelmed with the number of workouts I have and feel guilty that I'm not using them enough...... but then I'll see something new and want to try that workut too!
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vidiocy