Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-11, 02:54 PM  
juberann

My FIRM Express is here!!!!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to buy this set from a friend of mine for $60.00 but she had a change of heart and changed her mind. Said she came on here and read the reviews and decided she wanted to keep them. Nope, I wasn't mad at all, I am a true vidiot and I totally understand things like that But, by then, my heart was set on this set so I ordered from Collagevideo (been awhile since they have seen an order from me).
I am SO happy they are here but I am also very intimidated by this set I havn't had a chance to preview any of the workouts yet but I will later, hopefully that will ease my apprehension a little bit. Only worried about the high intensity. I really, really hope these work out for me
Old 06-08-11, 04:13 PM  
topfitmama

Yay, Judy! I hope this is what you need (I am completely uninterested in them at this stage )
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 04:24 PM  
ldy_solana

i am on the fence about pursuing a "piggy bank" to save up for these. please to share your thoughts. the impact doesn't bother me since the bursts are short. i have the ignite one with two workouts on it and like them very much, but would love to hear more about the set overall. next semester i am going to need short and to the point workouts.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 05:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Judy, sorry your deal fell through but, truly, this is not a set to be intimidated by. This is no "Insanity" or even "Breathless Body". I happen to think the moves are easy to modify down if needed (if you've been doing workouts for a while you know how to modify jumping jacks, burpees, etc) and you can always march in place if you need to catch your breath or take a break. The best thing is they're over so quickly there's really no time to develop any dread... except for Emily's voice of course. I really think she's adorable and probably the nicest person but she needs to keep quiet sometimes.

Good luck and have fun!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 05:44 PM  
juberann

LuckyStar~ I am pretty good at modifying moves but how do you personally modify a burpee? Burpees are my least favorite move in the entire world, just can't figure out a decent modification for them.
I love the packaging, the Fitness guide is very nice and I found the nutrition information very realistic and doable, it is beautifully put together. This set makes me want to follow a rotation, something I rarely do but that might be exactly what I need considering I seem to be having a daily issue deciding what workout to do. I plan on following the Beginner rotation enclosed in the book and adding in extra cardio on the "rest" days, I'll go from there. I have decided to not go all gung-ho or pretend I am more advanced than I am, I plan on staying realistic. I am famous for buying videos way beyond my fitness level and forcing myself to follow the instructor, let me tell you, that has led to burnout for me more then once
Thanks, girls, for the words of encouragement. I am excited to try these, we'll see how it goes.
Old 06-08-11, 05:51 PM  
JeepGirl

Hi Judy,

I absolutely love these workouts and think that they are surprisingly thorough for being so short. I love the variety, love () the length and am having a really good time with them. They've helped me be more consistent with working out. I do one a day, add on a ten minute workout (Jen's ab workout usually, sometimes a 10 minute lower body one) and then do other workouts on off days. I just had a lightbulb moment this morning and decided to add in Cindy Whitmarsh's Results Lower Body and Barry's Bootcamp Lower Body on off days to give my lower body more attention. I did Rebekah's CS today and my lower body is sore. I despise burpees and do them using the transfirmer. The impact hasn't bothered me and I'm in my 40's and had achilles tendon repair surgery a few years ago. I hope you like them as much as I do. I think the instructors look fab and they are very motivational.

Christine
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 05:55 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
LuckyStar~ I am pretty good at modifying moves but how do you personally modify a burpee? Burpees are my least favorite move in the entire world, just can't figure out a decent modification for them.
Watch Amy Dixon's Breathless Body clip. About 1/4 of the way in, the modifier on your left shows a simple move. You can always add a little jump onto the end of that. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...less-body-6022
Old 06-08-11, 06:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Hi Judy,

As Christine mentioned, you can use the Transfirmer step (I use the fanny lifter) to modify the burpees. I use the 12" fully assembled step, 8" or 6" depending on how I feel that day. I can really crank a lot of reps out this way when a regular burpee (hands on floor) used to exhaust me very quickly.
Old 06-08-11, 06:21 PM  
juberann

Thanks, Lucky!! I hadn't even noticed that modification when I watched the clip of Breathless Body the other day, that is perfect and I really like the idea of using the TranFIRMer to assist with the burpees, it's getting all the way down onto the floor and back again that makes those so difficult for me.

GREAT advice (as always), girls!! THANK YOU
Old 06-08-11, 07:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Honestly Judy, there are so few reps of burpees (or anything) that it won't be too hard. You'll see when you give them a try.
Leg threads, though... that's another thing entirely.

Tags
burpees, firm express, modifications, the firm express kit