Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-11, 11:12 AM  
spufflez

Cathe Road Trip

I just received an email on Cathe's road trip. She's having one in NJ and I'm considering going because I live in NJ. Has anybody gone on one of these? What was your experience? Did you enjoy it? I'm also wondering if the cost includes a hotel room (even though I really don't need one).
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 11:34 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I went to NJ in 2008. It's fun, and quite an experience. I live in California, so it was a really long trip for the weekend especially with horrible weather delays on the return trip. I'll never do that again, though I'm glad I went once. Last year I did the San Diego trip which was much more pleasant both in terms of travel for me, and everything was right at the hotel, so logistics were a little smoother. The hotel is not included in the price. If you're local, you should go -- it is a fairly unique opportunity.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 01:10 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I have to say that if Cathe was going to have a road trip in my city I'd go in a heartbeat. I say go for it and please report back about your experience!

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 01:51 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I have to say that if Cathe was going to have a road trip in my city I'd go in a heartbeat. I say go for it and please report back about your experience!
ITA on both counts! Go for it, and please report back!

(I've always wanted to know what is in the goodie bags people are holding in photos from the road trip. Details, people, details! )

Lori

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:12 PM  
spufflez

I just located my town on a map, and the location in NJ, and it's 90 miles away. So I would have to stay in a hotel. But most of it is on a weekend so I'm thinking about it.

What does the weekend involve? Does she lead some workouts throughout the weekend?
Old 02-17-11, 02:39 PM  
orphylea

I went on the Cathe RT in Glassboro in 2009. There are activities planned, with a lot of workouts. Cathe lead all of them, except for one yoga class that we had. I think she taught a step class, a stretching class, a bootcamp class, a lower body blast and one other? Hmm. Anyway, it was 5-6 workouts over 2 days, all led by Cathe. They also provide activities- some games, dinners each night and we all got to step with Cathe in a small group of 4 people on her set.

What's in the bag? If I remember, a t shirt, water bottle, pen, paper and probably something else I'm forgetting.

STS Grad
P90X Dropout
18 week CLX rotation finished
Currently loving Amy's Drop Sets and Cathe's STS TB
orphylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:43 PM  
pharma_gal

I went last year and it was a great experience. If you have a chance to go i would definitely go. Its great! I wont be going this year.

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:58 PM  
spufflez

Just a question....is there any public transportation nearby? The information on the website says it's around 40 minutes from the Philly train station, but I'm not sure if a taxi is doable for that type of distance. (Money-wise.) I'd rather not drive on the turnpike, if possible.
Old 02-17-11, 03:47 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spufflez View Post
Just a question....is there any public transportation nearby? The information on the website says it's around 40 minutes from the Philly train station, but I'm not sure if a taxi is doable for that type of distance. (Money-wise.) I'd rather not drive on the turnpike, if possible.
If you visit Cathe's forum there is a special forum on the road trip, everyone posts what they are doing for transportation and many car-pool/taxi-pool.

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 03:51 PM  
aunatural

When is she planning to have it? I seriously thought about going a couple years ago but the distance/cost coupled with the fact that it usually sells out in minutes were a big deterrent for me.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe road trip