Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-23-20, 02:18 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today was:
- Kari Anderson Sweat Express 2. I did around 20 minutes before my knee started twinging!
- Karen Voight Core Conditioning
- LH Class from 21 May, plus his meditation

I really enjoyed Sahra's class. It was nice to re-visit some 'older' moves, such as Caribbean Spine and the Clock. I'm looking forward to doing the new 15-day challenge starting on Tuesday, especially as there will be some live classes.

Pat and Cyana - I love looking at gardens when I'm walking through the neighbourhoods. Re-using a broken flower pot is so creative and clever.

Thanks for the link Cyana. I like that some instructors have their cats and dogs in their videos. It's one of the reasons I keep going back to Aprille (Yoga Ranger), as usually one of her 6 or 7 cats wander into her room while she's filming and often end up sitting on her when she's in a pose!

Waves to all!
Old 05-23-20, 11:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!
Sorry to be MIA, been busy with family stuff & got caught up in the new FB fitness group that VFer suzanne63 started. We are at our condo in the city this weekend, first time since early March. We are clearing out our storage locker & taking stuff home now that our house sale & move have been postponed.

Wed May 20
~Essentrics class on zoom
~25 min ePilates workout
~20 min freestyle rebounding
~outdoor walk

Thurs May21
~neighbourhood walk
~Ellen’s Quick Cardio
~headstand practice
~WW Punch

Fri May 22
~Sahra’s live workout on Essentrics TV
~yin yoga on my own in the evening.

Sat May 23
~Jessica’s 360 Abs
~CS 1101 Full Body Workout - this was very nice....gentle & all standing
~ePilates: Diaphragmatic Breathing with a squishy ball - very meditative & relaxing
~5 km walk in the city -A bit too crowded for my liking, lots of young people with no concern for social distancing. I’ll be glad to get back to the house tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well, I’ll try and catch up next week!
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 11:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi gang, I'm coming out of another hole of allergy hell. Friday I managed a 1.19 mile walk and yesterday a 1.23 mile walk. I also did some PT yesterday.

I'm playing around with the free version of the Map My Walk app and I love the concept, but the app is unnecessarily complicated with Fitbit-like efforts to connect with others to lure you into a paying subscription.

Hi Pam, that's too bad your house sale got postponed. How do like the condo as opposed to the house? I saw Punch mentioned in the new FB group and plan to dust mine off, too.

Margot I used to have Sweat Express. I was a huge Kari fan back in the day. I'm happy to hear your Sahra class was fun.

Cyana that is adorable about the flower pot. I am chuckling about your Caturday workout. I like the bed yoga routine - and want her shell and starfish pillows. How is your brother doing?

Hello to any visitors!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 01:15 PM  
Margot

Hi everyone!

Today was:
- Ange's Pilates Toning with a small ball and her Butt Burner classes
- ETV Miranda's Stretch for Psoas, IT and Hips
- epilates Yoga Deep Hip Opening. Not in my lifetime
- 1 hour walk to our local fishponds
- 2 hours yard work

We watched the movie Groundhog Day last night. It seemed appropriate, as our days just all roll into one these days. Sometimes, I have to think what day it is!

Pat - Sorry you're still suffering with allergies. Kari is my all-time favourite instructor. I don't think anyone can beat her for her dance choreography.

Pam - It's the same here too. Lately, with the good weather we've been having, people have been flocking to the beaches, which has upset the local residents. In some photos I've seen of the beaches, it doesn't look as though they're social distancing at all. Have a safe drive home.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.
Old 05-24-20, 05:32 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I am sorry for not posting. My sleep has been lousy. I finally caught up on it last night. I did exercise the end of last week, but took yesterday off.

I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Cyana, thank you so much for sharing the hummus recipes! I really appreciate it.

Today's workout:

Soul Sweat with Maria-Being Present in Your Body
Yoga Ranger Yin Yoga 'Breathe" practice. I should have previewed this first. I have never tried this instructor. I like her very much, but I was looking for a lower body yin class, and this was not! I'll try more from her channel, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 08:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~CS 1103 Full Body Flexibilty
~Jessica’s 6 Mile Mix: speed mile & cool down
~MFML: Standing Flow - a lovely yoga/Qi Gong fusion practice with Mimi K-D

DH and I made an attempt to go to Costco today, but the line was crazy long to get inside so we passed. We are staying an extra night in the city as the storage facility was not open today. They didn’t change their hours on their website, a bit frustrating as we would have loaded up everything yesterday. Oh well, it is what it is....

Pat - For many reasons postponing our move is a good decision. We bought our condo in the city 8 years ago as an investment (prices were low then) and a place to stay when we visit DS1 & family so we can have our own space. It’s very small but cosy. The many other reasons we love it....cafes, restaurants, walking trails & harbour walks....are on hold right now with the arrival of covid. We will still come down to see family but likely less often. So we are going to sit tight in our house, it’s semi rural with lots of uncrowded trails & neighbourhood walks. The only drawback is having to drive to go anywhere which is fine now, but not where I want to be in a few years as I pass 65. Things will get better at some point and we will think about a move in the future.

Margot - I loved Sahra’s class. I haven’t tried Emma’s Deep Hip Opening. You’ve piqued my curiosity, lol, I’ll have to check it out!

Sherry - I’m glad you slept well last night! I hope you find a good yin practice.

Cyana - I didn’t get to Gail’s class, might see if it’s still up tomorrow morning. I have emailed Kat at MFML about the search feature. She agreed that it is lacking and even tried one of my searches to confirm it. That was a while ago & nothing has changed. It is a really good site & like you, I have 50% off forever, a very good deal for quality yoga. So I probably will renew in the fall.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-25-20, 11:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I tried a wonderful trail yesterday, it has a one mile loop and had rugged terrain but was clearly marked. It was a farm in the 1700s with a dam to power a gristmill; now it has a free flowing stream through the woods, and a waterfall. All the farmland is overgrown with trees and it is protected through an open space association.

Prior to that I did Rodney Yee's Back Care Yoga but didn't use the chair. I subbed all those poses sitting on the mat, just standing or laying on the mat.

Margot, that sounds like a nice Ange's Pilates routine.

Thank goodness you still have the house, Pam. What a pain about the storage hours! I won't go near a Walmart because of the lines around here. Everybody is standing on their cell phones practically on top of the person in front of them, too. Your workout looks like a nice blend.

Waves to Sherry and everyone. I'm lallygagging!! Better get going.
Old 05-25-20, 01:58 PM  
cyana

I started the day with some yoga (on my own) and went out for a walk around the neighborhood. I'll have to get up earlier if I'm going to continue my morning walks, since tomorrow is back to work day (sigh). I've realized that I am exhausted and really must prioritize self-care, as I've really fallen down in that department. I'm getting ready to head outdoors for some Weedasana. Darn weeds are multiplying like rabbits on Clomid (a fertility drug)!!!

Pat - I like the starfish and shell pillows, too. I tried doing that yoga sequence from memory before I got out of bed this AM and forgot some of it, so I had to wing some of the poses by inserting some of my own. Your trail walk sounded really nice. DH is braving the Home Depot this afternoon, as he needs a part for the lawnmower. This will be the first time anyone in this house has ventured into a retail establishment since early March, as we're still having our groceries delivered.

Pam - I don't blame you for sitting tight on selling your home right now. DH and I go back and forth over whether to stay put, assuming the economy recovers and I'm able to retire when I turn 65. He isn't into yard stuff (I'd be happy to putter outdoors all day) but likes the location. We are close to high-level medical care should someone need it emergently in the future. I'm one of those people who can make my home anywhere I happen to plop down, and would be perfectly happy out in the middle of nowhere, and would be up for relocating outside of the US if it means better quality of life. I'm glad you let Kat know about the search feature. Perhaps if enough of us speak up, they'll work on that in the future. For me, MFML is a great deal, and even more so since I haven't been to a studio class since last September. I see you did a Mimi class yesterday - I Mimi.

Sherry - I feel for you on the insomnia struggle - I've been all over the radar with my sleep the past month. Everything from next to no sleep to the usual wake up in the middle of the night for an hour or more, to sleeping pretty much all the way through a couple of times. You know it's bad when you wake up after sleeping all the way through and one of your thoughts is "OMG, am I dead? It can't be morning!"

Margot - That Deep Hip Opening class sounded like it could be bordering on terrifying - at least for my hips!!!! I would imagine Groundhog Day has been a popular shelter at home movie! Speaking of looking at the neighbor's gardens while I'm out walking, there's a house that has roses lining the sidewalk for about 20 feet and I always stop and smell the them when they're in bloom. Today was stop and smell the roses day.

Time to get another load of laundry started so I can go outside for a while.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica Smith 30 min Low Impact HIIT
~Essentrics TV: Express Posture
~ePilates Online: Deep Yoga Hip Opening - This was not as nearly intimidating as it looks on the website where Emma is shown almost doing a reclined version of the splits. She gradually works you up to the full pose, a wide leg half happy baby with a side bend. I wasn’t able to get nearly as deep as she does, needed to use a strap. It actually is a lovely hip opening practice!

Cyana - I hope you find time for some self care. Relocating is a big decision. We will stay on the Island for sure, but I do want to be closer to amenities. Where would you consider going if you left the US?

Pat - Yep everyone was lined up outside Costco, not the best social distancing and all on their phones. (Where is Mr Roll-eyes when you need him) We made a quick stop at a local organic market last night & picked up an online order at the grocery store today on our way back to the house. I love the online ordering, it’s been good, just the odd thing they are out of stock on.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-26-20, 09:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing exciting to report, I spent yesterday cleaning and working on my cupboard purge, clean and reorg project. Also stretching my back and sitting outdoors soaking up the glorious weather, bird song and my squirrel friend.

I have a bag of old medications to bring to the police station drop off box. Between me and DH, purging down to only what we need now gave me a surprising amount of room! I had stuff in there back to 2001, and a bunch of ancient body building supplements and Chinese medicine herbs from bygone times. SMH, why did I hang on to all that stuff.

Boo on back to work Cyana. I have one more day off. It's hard to work when it is so wonderful outside. I have new weeds this year! I think they are from climes further south. Please keep yourself as a priority - HUGS!

Pam, that ePilates workout sounds well done. It's always good when an instructor leads you down a path of preparatory poses and ups the ante. You can stay where you want as the class progresses.

Waves everyone.