Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-20, 10:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by....

Today’s workouts:
~neighbourhood walk
~Ellen’s Yoga Tone

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 08:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ Meditation Group
~ YwK Day 19, Wake Up Yoga for Flexibility
~ KCM Split Sessions - Upper Body Blitz premix

I really have been stuttering with Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement. It seems there is a flow most days. A very short easy one, but it's just not my thing.

Nice workouts for you Margot. I see your weeds have started a new 30 day challenge for you! Gardenasana Push/Pull Upper Body & Core. I will look into sprouting the chickpeas, that sounds good for digestion too.

Waves everyone! Enjoy the weather if it's nice by you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 01:38 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone

Not much today for me:
- 1 hour walk on our local Common - lots of baby calves to see at the moment ... so cute.
- 2 hours gardening
- Qigong with Daisy Lee
- My own Yin stretches

Today has been the hottest day of the year so far. It's like Summer, which is so not like the UK at this time of the year!

Pat - Gardenasana lol. I think I unintentionally did some down dogs, lots of forward bends and some cat and cows whilst out in the garden! I'm afraid to say I gave up on Kassandra after about 10 days. I like her but it kind of got repetitive.

Ooh, I just got an email from ETV to say that Sahra will be teaching a live class on Friday at 12 pm EST. That may just work for me. :-)

Waves to all!
Old 05-20-20, 04:55 PM  
cyana

Today:
YT - Healing Heart Meditation for Troubled Times - Temple Sounds. Posted 3.26.2020. 25 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAH3DM4yBbE (really liked this one).
YT - Healing Body & Clear Mind Meditation for Troubled Times - Temple Sounds. Posted 3.28.2020. 20 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hopBFXCMQ8
5.4.2020 - Holden Streaming qi gong class
Upper body weights - on my own

I got the email about Sahra's class on Friday. I love Sahra.....it says you don't have to be an ETV member to access the live class, so how do you watch the class live if you aren't a member? I don't do FB, so hopefully that isn't the other option.

Margot and Pam - You might wish to consider emailing Kat with suggestions on how to make the MFML search function more useful. I emailed her about something long ago and she responded very quickly (it wasn't a complaint thing......just some feedback about the service). I should be using MFML more than I have of late, but feel that I get my money's worth, especially since I have the 50% off forever deal. I would definitely miss some of my yoga-crush instructors!

Pam - The orchard walk sounds lovely - especially this time of year when everything should be lush and green.

Margot - It's unseasonably cool here today, but I must admit to finding it to be a refreshing change. Thanks for the link to your bands. I need to get outside and do some serious weedasana! I want to do Clive's Prepare for Sleep this week (speaking of my yoga-crushes, LOL!).

Pat - I was looking at the Sling Shot on Amazon....am I a total doofus, or is the sizing info confusing? The options in the drop down menu were small, medium, large, etc., but the sizing chart has them listed as as S/M and L/XL. I've been a bit headachy the past several days.....not debilitating, just a nuisance.

Thanks for asking about my brother....waiting for an update while keeping my fingers crossed.

Waves to Sherry., Kate and Jackie.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 09:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ Meditation group
~ Walk around neighborhood
~ Jane Adams Gentle Yoga, Evening Relaxation

I give that particular Jane Adams practice a meh. Others on the DVD are great though.

Cyana the hip circle sizing is confusing. I consulted the sizing charts on the Mark Bell website, which go by weight. I'm just under the 150 pound top weight for medium and wasn't sure whether to get M or L because I read in the Amazon reviews that the M can be too small to pull up high enough on the thighs. My thighs are my chunkiest part, and things digging into my fat like some styles of Pilates ring really hurts there, so I went with L. It fits comfortably and I can get it up high enough. Sometimes I think it's not enough resistance, but then the next day I feel very worked. I hope that helped and didn't puzzle you more. PS - I ordered a level 2.

Here is Mark Bell's product page: https://markbellslingshot.com/products/hip-circle

Margot, aw the calves sound so cute. How do you feel about hot days? It does seem early.

Waves to anyone who visits!
Old 05-21-20, 10:03 AM  
cyana

Pat - Thanks for the link to Mark's site - that chart was helpful and perfectly clear, unlike the mismatched sizing options on Amazon.

Still a bit headachy today and beginning to wonder if the pollen is getting to me. I don't historically tend to have sinus/allergy issues. I'm thinking I may need to do Austin Goh's YT headache video today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usi_Qcvbk_c . I noticed he also has a video for Neck Pain, stress and tension relief that I should try to help with Computer Neck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIlNqrutB0 .

Haven't worked out yet today - trying to knock some things off the lengthy to do list and hoping the sun comes out before I head out for a walk. My week off is flying by at an alarming pace.

Old 05-21-20, 02:04 PM  
Margot

Hello all!

All short classes today:
- Body Groove Live #4
- epilates Balance Challenge
- Callanetics with Sandra
- More Gardenasana!
- MFML Adam Hocke Evening Flow
- Mimi K-D Regulating Energy

Cyana - My email didn't give me any information, other than Sahra's class would be on ETV streaming for 24 hours. I'm not a member of FB either but have been able to watch videos on the Essentrics FB page. There's a recent upload of one of Gail's that I'm able to view. I think you'll be nicely chilled after Clive's 'Prepare for Sleep'. Hope your headache doesn't linger. I don't usually have pollen allergies but spending so much time outside at the moment has really got my sinuses activated!

Pat - Getting together for meditation sounds nice. I'm like Goldilocks; the temperature has to be just right - around mid to upper 70's. Higher than that and it's just too hot for walking.

Waves to all!
Old 05-22-20, 03:38 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

This morning:
- Jessica Smith WS2 Boost Metabolism (Upper Body with weights)
- Jessica Smith Yoga Total Body

I plan on doing Sahra's class on ETV, which will be 5 pm my time. After that, I have my 2nd 3-hour workshop on the Vagus Nerve.

I'm off to make some granola now, then back to the garden!

Hope you all have a happy day.
Old 05-22-20, 09:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I took a vacation day for a long weekend. Aaah, west and wewaxation.

Yesterday I decided to revisit AM Yoga for Your Week and started with Standing Poses. I'm going to work through it sequentially. Afterward I went for a walk around the neighborhood and challenged myself with a big hill. I stopped to admire some particularly beautiful front garden arrangements or individual plants.

Margot - I've officially bailed on the Kassandra challenge but will continue to explore her channel for practices that suit me. Enjoy Sahra's class!

Cyana, I'm glad the official website helped. I hope you feel better soon. I haven't seen an allergy season like this in years, probably from the unseasonably warm winter.

TGIF and good morning to Pam, Sherry, Kate, Jackie and anyone who visits.
Old 05-22-20, 02:57 PM  
cyana

Today:
Walk - it was humid even though it wasn't terribly hot. To use Jessica Smith's terminology, I was seriously "sparkling" when I got home!
Essentrics work-out with Gail (recorded 5.20.2020 and posted to FB - a public page so you didn't have to have a FB account) - I had intended to do the live work-out with Sahra today at noon ET, since the email said you didn't have to subscribe to Essentrics TV, but I couldn't figure out how to access it and Gail's work-out was fine.
YT - Mood Lifter - YoQi. This is a nice 15-ish minute qi gong practice that I hadn't done in a while.

I may do some yoga this evening.

Today must've been unofficial work out with your cat day - Gail's cat was sleeping in its bed during the Essentrics video and there were at least 3 cats outside the windows in the YoQi practice.....all while my trusty feline was stretched out on the floor making sure I wasn't slacking off!

I came across this link to a 5 minute bed yoga practice earlier today: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/healt...ess/index.html . No rocket science here - just 5 minutes of nice stretching and twisting and I think most people could squeeze that in even if they don't have time for a full work-out.

Margot - I hope you had better luck figuring out how to access Sahra's Essentrics practice today. Enjoy your workshop.

Pat - Speaking of walking and gardens.....while I was out for my walk this AM, I noticed a clever thing in someone's yard. This person hires a service to do his yard work and they recently removed some tired shrubs from a sloped area above a retaining wall and planted perennials. Someone had taken part of a broken flower pot - a very cheerful, painted pot - and pushed it into the dirt around the base of one of the perennials so it looked like that pot was growing out of the ground. It looked much more interesting than my lame ability to describe it, LOL!!! I thought it was a slick way to re-purpose an attractive broken pot.

Waves to ALL!