Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-20, 11:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
She "said" the second part like it's no big deal. LOL Pat, if you're reading this, I'm glad you made it back out. And look at all those steps! That's the plus side.
Thank you!!! I can't believe I did it between my back and arthritis. The way back I had to sit or stretch on every rock, stump or log that was suitable for it.

Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 03:33 PM  
AnMrsDe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEX!!!

You probably won't see this until the 21st....hope it was FUN! Good job on your consistency this month.

Jane, I actually like burpees too (well, Yvette's, anyway). Are we the only two? //Great job on the yard work! Where's your hubby during all this? Is he working out with Cathe?

clerkin, I'm glad you got to visit your daughter! I'm sure the online showers were kind of a let down, but good for you for doing all the work!! Hopefully, the states will be open that you can visit/help with the baby....I'm sure your DD is counting on it!//How is little Kian doing?

Tangerine, I concur about having our workouts available inside during all this rainy, dreary weather!!!! I now realize I could never live in Seattle!!!

Dorothy, KCM's Cardio Pump and her Amped Up Cardio Live are def my favs of hers! That Premix is awesome! And I agree with all you stated about calories in/calories out....it seems like as we get a certain age, the intensity amount/calories combo gets a bit tricky. (Let me know if you ever figure it out, LOL!)

Hope everyone is staying well and healthy!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 06:50 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
May 2020

20- Sydney Cummings 60 min. Glutes & Abs Workout; stretch; 2 hours Mow Max/Yard Work This is a low intermediate class at best which is good, we all need easier days, but I was actually trying to make the exercises harder. I don't do enough of her workouts....does she always stretch as a w/u? I did my own Yvette-like w/u. Only a 263 calorie burn in an hour which is way different than her 500 cal burn she gets...I realize there is no cardio in this but I guess I'm used to Yvette's and Cathe's lower body/core workouts that burn tons of calories. The exercises were ok but I need to watch some of her exercises that can tweak my lower back. The good news is my lower body is strong! LOL. Finally dry enough to mow and even then my new mower's wheels were covered in grass when done...I hated to get it so dirty, LOL, but hosed it off when done. When will the SUN ever shine again????
21-
AnMrsDe, I tried Sydney's workouts a couple of times before but never finished them - I like her as a person but they're just not intense enough somehow. I couldn't figure out how to make them more intense either so I gave up. I don't lift heavy though, maybe 20-30 lbs like she uses would get the heart rate up there.

Jane, thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

clerkin, glad you got to see your daughter!

My knee is still complain-y, I miss doing step. But hey, I'm grateful to have options that let me workout in other ways.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 11:57 AM  
AnMrsDe

tangerine, I know what you mean about Sydney's workouts and glad it's not just me! I thought I was using heavy enough weights (20-25#) but I refuse to hold a 25# weight while doing full body crunches! Talk about tweaking my back, yikes! At least I know how to modify Cathe and Yvette's workouts which make all the difference for me.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 10:23 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 3 mile dog walk today. Almost all the seniors have passed, so less of a stress headache.
AnMrsDe, I wouldn't want to do crunches with a 25 lb weight either
tangerine, I have whiny knees too. I can only do step about once a week.
Jane, the title Move Your Asana cracks me up
clerkin, I hope you get to go help with your grandbaby. There's nothing like being there when they are so little
Pat -that step count is phenomenal! The being lost in the woods, not so fun.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 09:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy belated birthday Bex!

I challenged myself on yesterday evening's walk and added a big hill. Whew, thank goodness for the houses that have low walls in front of their gardens. I was able to take a couple breathers and sit on their walls, fortunately I didn't get caught.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 09:54 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

The past week I've been rotating Margaret Richard and Joyce Vedral. I like to pull in Joyce to lift a little heavier, not much though. Those pyramid exercises are sneaky. Yesterday I did Fat Burning from the book and have triceps DOMS today, Lol. I love Margaret's floor work, so this may end up being a really nice combination for me. Other than that, I'm adding on the treadmill for cardio. The nice thing is I don't feel wiped out.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 04:21 PM  
Tammie M

I'm not sure how I duplicated my list.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 04:33 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post

1 Now the weird stuff- I kind of think she sped herself up, there were a few exercises especially in the beginning that she was moving a little too fast, it almost looked unnatural if that makes sense. We also wondered if she was really doing the whole circuit, she has this weird manic looking smile the whole time. It had us wondering if it was a loop. That being said it didn’t affect me too much, after the first 5 minutes you’re working hard and it’s not as noticeable. This could easily be split up into 2 30 minute sessions too! I’m going to take a better look at her channel today.

Jane
This made me laugh because I have viewed Penny's workouts, she seems like a nice person, but I don't lift heavy so they won't work for me. I did notice her constant smile, I think some people have commented on it on the videos. I prefer instructors that smile some in their workouts, not zero, not all workout - just some. No smile at all just comes across as drill sargeant-y and that's not for me. But it also seems more 'real' to me if they don't smile all the time - it's got to hurt/be tough sometime if this is an actual workout right? Even Leslie doesn't smile all the time...

Chrys, glad you are feeling better, it's a tough time to be going through.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 10:20 PM  
bex

Hi everyone

I've been super- busy so my postings have been even more 'just the workouts' than usual. But knowing you're out there makes me feel supported.

AnMrsDe - thanks for the birthday wishes, and back at ya’ Pat. Since Shanghai is pretty much back to normal, my darling was able to take me out to a lovely dinner with one of the best views in the world. I’m very lucky.

Chrys – It’s understandable that funks can happen to us all right now. I wish you, and everyone, ease and Grace.

Dorothy, I also admire your consistency with your Peleton workouts. I’m really working on just finding opportunities to move despite the tugs on my attention in just about every direction

Jane – count me in as another burpee fan. Not that I’m that fit right now, but when I can do them, they make me feel mighty!

ASAS – so happy to see your drop-in and hope your family continues to keep well.

Everyone - thanks for rocking your workouts. It means a lot to me.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts