Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-19, 09:14 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
...I'm selling mine. PM me if you're interested. Will also put it for sale on VF Roost.
PM'd you
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 12:17 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Today I did Rev'd Up Rumble. I don't do kickboxing as much as I used to, but I did enjoy this. I need to do it a few more times, I would get mixed up on some of the combos so I just need more practice but overall it was fun and just my speed.

I just have Pyramid Pump and Metabolic Blast left to do. I will probably save Pyramid Pump for last.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 01:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Today I did the workaround for the Stacked Upper Body for those who can't play the regular workout -- the premix with extended stretch. So far I've done the strength work -- Pyramid, PHA 2, and Stacked Upper Body, plus the first twenty minutes of Cardio Party. I really like what I've done so far -- this is the happiest I've been about a Cathe purchase since 4DS.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 05:08 PM  
Hsim

I did Bodyweight and Bands last night. I was a little surprised at the upper body orientation. I thought it would be a predominantly lower body workout as opposed to an upper body workout. But I did like it and I agree about abs #2. That second exercise was rather advanced.
All in all I liked it.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 05:23 PM  
casey

Today I did the Pyramid Total Body Scrambled Premix. It alternates between upper and lower body. I really enjoyed it. I don't mind the slider exercises for legs. I think they really slim my legs down plus they feel good for my stabilizer musclles. I did go up one or sometimes 2 increments from cathes weight choices. I think this series is excellent so far.
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 09:40 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I did Cardio Party Calorie Crush today and LOVED it. And also loved the revelation that ALL THE CALORIE CRUSHES are different! I can't wait to try them all.

All in all, I'm loving this set more than ICE and Low Impact because it's more interesting. I'm so sick of do this, do this again. The cardio is also a nice level for where I'm at these days, but I can still up the weights to what I'm used to. A winner set for me so far.

Donna H
Old 02-04-19, 08:30 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
...Pyramid Total Body Scrambled Premix. It alternates between upper and lower body.
This is good to know! I think I might like this premix
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 10:01 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliepie View Post
...i'm selling mine. Pm me if you're interested. Will also put it for sale on vf roost.
(sold)

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 12:58 PM  
Daffie

What does the sign say that is in the background?
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 09:38 PM  
Garrie A.

My Lite set came from Mary today, and I decided to do the one I was most interested in first: PHA 2.

I absolutely LOVED this workout, and it packed a punch in 43 minutes. Cathe uses a range from 5 to 20 pound dumbbells, and I matched her weights (except for the W curls where I used 10s but could have used 12s). After doing the workout I felt thoroughly worked out, but not wiped out. There were times I could have used heavier weights (the one arm rows and deadlifts in particular), but overall I felt challenged (as my heart rate was high throughout and my muscles were burning). Definite winner, and one I'm looking forward to doing again!

Pros:
-The sequencing keeps the heart rate up, and the exercises were very well chosen
-Most exercises are done in sets of 10 to 12 reps (except for a few done to a 2/2, then 2 single reps for 5 sets...there are also a few exercises where two reps count as one: side to front lateral raises, side lunges, and sumo squats)
-There are two cycles of 8 exercises done twice, but it didn't feel too repetitive to me
-The time flew by, as upper and lower body exercises were alternated
-Cathe is her friendly, professional self

Cons:
-Some transitions are a little fast, but not overly rushed (the purpose of PHA is to keep your heart rate elevated as you alternate upper and lower body exercises)
-There are times Cathe doesn't follow the music, but after doing Total Body Giant Sets from the S&S series I'm pretty much used to it.

-Nicole (the blonde behind Jai on the right), and Jai have terrible form during the side to front lateral raises. Their form reminds me of Kevin's rear delt flyes in Slim Series. I had to look away from the TV while doing this exercise.

-Music could have been slightly better, but it was much better than the music used in Strong & Sweaty workouts.

I haven't done the 6 Pack Abs yet, or the extended stretch, but plan on adding both to Cardio Party tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands