Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-18, 03:37 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Double vintage: Music AND video. It was Tamilee Webb's Motown Moves. I think the DVD is breaking down though because in places you could hardly hear the music, though you could hear her cues just fine. I think I'll try it with Music Only next time. Fun workout.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-18, 12:36 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So now I'm doing a lot of "vintage" since I'm converting old VHS tapes. I did Step My Way on Friday, and a portion of CIA 9704 with Joan Pitt. I remember doing Joan's step workout many times many years ago, and I really enjoyed it and her personality. She was encouraging without being too perky or whoopy. Fun choreography, a bit tricky but I got most of it at least before it ended. Since I was recording it as I was doing it, I couldn't stop and go back to the moves to practice them. I also did a part of Dawn Pappas portion and that was okay. I'm finding with these old workouts I'm judging them on a "whoop factor" scale. I know there was more of it in earlier decades since I believe they thought it simulated a live class. It does, I guess, but with a workout that is intended to be done many times it can get old quick, at least to me!

I have G-Force Ultimate Hi/Lo in my plans for later this afternoon. I really liked the combination of these guys, and wish I had more than just the three tapes that I do have, but still happy with what I have.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-18, 12:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
In the last week I did two of Greg Twombley's Philadelphia Workout videos. I really LOVE his hi-lo routines! So fun and so energetic! And so vintage!
I've converted two of the Philadelphia Workouts (III and IV, wish I had the first two!) and although I haven't done them (again) yet, I can't wait to revisit! My DH is having a good laugh at the outfits the men wore on these, particularly the CIAs. I did notice that the GForce guys didn't go for the spandex as much.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-18, 08:47 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
So now I'm doing a lot of "vintage" since I'm converting old VHS tapes. I did Step My Way on Friday, and a portion of CIA 9704 with Joan Pitt. I remember doing Joan's step workout many times many years ago, and I really enjoyed it and her personality. She was encouraging without being too perky or whoopy. Fun choreography, a bit tricky but I got most of it at least before it ended. Since I was recording it as I was doing it, I couldn't stop and go back to the moves to practice them. I also did a part of Dawn Pappas portion and that was okay. I'm finding with these old workouts I'm judging them on a "whoop factor" scale. I know there was more of it in earlier decades since I believe they thought it simulated a live class. It does, I guess, but with a workout that is intended to be done many times it can get old quick, at least to me!

I have G-Force Ultimate Hi/Lo in my plans for later this afternoon. I really liked the combination of these guys, and wish I had more than just the three tapes that I do have, but still happy with what I have.
I love that Joan Pitt video! The choreo is so fun and moves fast. And agree the other two segments don't quite measure up.

I wonder if I could pay you to record G-Force Ultimate Hi/Lo. I got rid of my G-Force videos years ago because they weren't intense enough, but now they would be just the ticket, and I really want to reacquire them and they are nowhere to be found; even Patrick doesn't have any lying around. If you have any, I'm looking for Cardio Combo, Ultimate Step, Ultimate Hi-Lo, Cardio Step, Hi/Lo Challenge, Step Challenge. I'd be happy to pay for DVDs, or offer some things in trade. PM me if you have any interest. Thanks!!

Donna H
Old 07-10-18, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did the old Firm Parts: Upper Body. This used to be my favorite upper body workout.

I think it will become my new favorite upper body workout despite some flaws. I don't like the goofy, dancy warm-up led by Sandahl. The breathy, sexy cueing cracks me up.

I like that it covers all the upper body and arms in about a half hour. I like the emphasis on chest and back work.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 08:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Last night I did the floor work on Jane Fonda's Complete Workout.

Dang, the moaning, whooping and doggie barks were non-stop. I think it was mostly from Flo "Kiss My Grits" in the suspenders. My husband walked by and said it sounded like an orgy with all the moaning and yipping.

Why don't I remember all that from when I did this workout in the 1980s? And the floor work didn't seem as hard as I remember. Perhaps because I didn't precede it with the full workout. Despite that, it was fun to workout with Jane. If only she had told them to shut the blankety blank up.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 08:29 AM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Last night I did the floor work on Jane Fonda's Complete Workout.

Dang, the moaning, whooping and doggie barks were non-stop. I think it was mostly from Flo "Kiss My Grits" in the suspenders. My husband walked by and said it sounded like an orgy with all the moaning and yipping.

Why don't I remember all that from when I did this workout in the 1980s? And the floor work didn't seem as hard as I remember. Perhaps because I didn't precede it with the full workout. Despite that, it was fun to workout with Jane. If only she had told them to shut the blankety blank up.
I think all the noises were done off camera and added in later.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I think all the noises were done off camera and added in later.
You know Garrie - I was wondering the same thing - I kept looking and everybody's mouth was closed. I still think it was mostly Flo. If only there were a "moan off" option.
Old 07-13-18, 10:26 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

At a fitness expo years ago, I took a Yamuna ball class led by Yamuna herself. The woman next to me was moaning and groaning so much it was crazy.

It was difficult not to laugh out loud!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 12:30 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
At a fitness expo years ago, I took a Yamuna ball class led by Yamuna herself. The woman next to me was moaning and groaning so much it was crazy.

It was difficult not to laugh out loud!
I remember that - you wanted to give her a cigarette after class.

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts