Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-14, 02:14 PM  
Pippadog

Hi Deana

Love your pictures you look gorgeous and such lovely skin. I agree there is no way you look nearly 50.

What part of the UK are you visiting. Hope you have a wonderful time. Guess who'll be trying your kundalini experiment next week lol? I'll have to sub Ravi/Anas Transformer dvd for Green energy as thats one I don't own yet.

Happy Holidays.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 02:50 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippadog View Post
Hi Deana

Love your pictures you look gorgeous and such lovely skin. I agree there is no way you look nearly 50.

What part of the UK are you visiting. Hope you have a wonderful time. Guess who'll be trying your kundalini experiment next week lol? I'll have to sub Ravi/Anas Transformer dvd for Green energy as thats one I don't own yet.

Happy Holidays.

Laura
First of all, thank you to ALL who said such kind words!!!! I have never taken selfies but I told my checkins I would this time. Also thank you for the safe travel wishes and hair compliments!!

Laura: I am going with my stepmom and a tour group to England, Scotland and Wales. We'll be going all over for two weeks!!

Rebecca: Oh, you can definitely do KY, or any yoga, even if you're not flexible!! That's the beauty of yoga; it just meets you where you are. I can't sit on my knees, so I sit on a block. There are certain positions I must modify, and I just do! I also have to be careful with my back. I completely messed myself up this fall and winter doing only CS for three months and had never been in such pain! Back, hips, knees. It took me several months to recover from that. For everything you just have to see what you can do. I find that yoga, however, can really fit anyone and anyone's condition. However, after doing a grueling Ashtanga-style yoga teacher training, I completely gave up that type of yoga and only do KY, Anusara and some hatha practices, mainly from yogatoday.com.

And Lol about Ravi and Ana's Amazon sales going up! I discovered them 5.5 years ago when I first started losing my 80-some pounds. I was so fat and miserable I couldn't hold plank for even five seconds, and now I can hold for well over a minute or more, probably two minutes, last time I tried. I always tell people I loved them then because I was able to work out with my eyes closed and rest between poses as I had no fitness whatsoever.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 02:54 PM  
gladgirl

Smile

Deana,
Congrats on such an amazing result in just ONE week. Measurable. Visible.
Yikes and you're near 50, no way!
Thanks for sharing and being such an encouragement! Hope you have an amazing and safe trip!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 02:54 PM  
Rosebud

Congratulations to you! You have given me hope that I don't need to do all the high impact and physically hard workouts.. I was diagnosed with Achilles Tendinitis and have to stop my running and hiit workouts that I had been doing.. I am now doing winsor pilates and other pilates routines.... thanks for the jolt of hope!

Goals for 2011: Get back to running, eat cleaner (no fried foods),
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 02:57 PM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Great pictures, Deana! Have fun on your trip. (I might be one of those people who cleans out Amazon's supply of KY DVDs! )

Donna
Old 06-20-14, 02:58 PM  
cpcathy

Wow, Deanna, you really are an inspiration. I think a lot of us are going to try doing this KY only rotation!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 02:58 PM  
antbuko

Congratulations on your results, Deanna! I am participating in the Summer Solstice Sadhana and I plan on doing plenty of Kundalini yoga, although I'll do other yoga as well and some strength and cardio. We'll see how I do! Even though I've never practiced consistently and can't speak to personal results, I do believe in Kundalini as a remedy for many things. We shall see.
Old 06-20-14, 02:59 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Congratulations to you! You have given me hope that I don't need to do all the high impact and physically hard workouts.. I was diagnosed with Achilles Tendinitis and have to stop my running and hiit workouts that I had been doing.. I am now doing winsor pilates and other pilates routines.... thanks for the jolt of hope!
OMG, no, please don't think you have to do crazy hard stuff!!! I wish I could write a book about that and publish it, because I think I could be the poster child for it!!

I know there are people for whom hard, intense workouts work. However, I am not one of them. I would never try to convince those people to do otherwise. But for those who can't, or who have awful results when doing them, simply don't do them!! I lost ALL of my weight doing only fusion stuff, and there are lots of old threads about that.

As much as I love ART method, and other stuff I've tried, in general I get bloated, end up heavier because my cravings are wild, I get very sore and aggravate my knees and cause other injuries. The only impact I can do is on the rebounder when I do it. I can walk with Leslie and do. I do barre here and there, sometimes light weights. But if I do heavy weights, KBs, plyo, whatever, I'm a mess.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 03:07 PM  
Fidget Queen

You look beautiful!!

Inspired by your comments last week, I decided to start putting Kundalini back into my rotation, as well. I've had a stressful few months, and I felt like a lot of my weight gain stemmed from that. This last week I've focused on Callanetics (2.5 hours total in the last week and a half) and several Kundalini practices (I only brought Happy Hormones, Beauty Body, and AM/PM with me, so I'm cycling through these) that are about 30-60 minutes each time, with a few other things, as well.

I'm seeing changes for the first time in months. My legs have a little shape to them. My pants fit slightly better. And I feel so amazing after the practices.

I'd done Kundalini regularly several years ago, and I noticed that it did great things for me mentally and physically. I always quit because of sinus problems that made the breathing almost impossible. If I could stick with it, I think I'd be a much more balanced person. One of the most beneficial side effects was better focus, and I need to keep that in mind as I get frustrated with my mental abilities .
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 03:36 PM  
laurajhawk

I need a recovery week, either next week or the week after, & had been pondering what to do. I always go to my live vinyasa classes, but other than that, I think I'll just do daily kundalini yoga! I have only been doing kundalini 1-2 times a week recently.

Thanks for the idea!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guru jagat, kundalini, rama tv, ravi and ana, raviana, results