Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-14, 07:15 PM  
caitlinpyle

Going to try Physique57 for the FIRST TIME tomorrow!!!!

Anything I should know?? my ball is very squishy... I thought it was supposed to be a playground type ball but it's a squishy ball.

I'm going to do the classic 57 minute workout. I'm very excited as it looks like a lot of fun.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 07:25 PM  
Rosebud

I'm trying it for first time too! I went and bought a playground ball, I didn't like the ball it came with.... I have never done this type of workout before, so I am excited to try it as well....

Good luck!

Goals for 2011: Get back to running, eat cleaner (no fried foods),
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 07:29 PM  
caitlinpyle

do they use a playground ball in the DVDs?

Old 04-28-14, 07:42 PM  
koinonia

Have fun!

It's a partyyyy ..... For your bottom!

Sorry one of my favorite Tanya-ism. LOL
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 07:51 PM  
Rosebud

Yes they use a playground ball... look at it really close and then I do believe she mentions a playground ball in the DVD.....

Hope it helps tone me up in the thigh area! Can't wait to "feel the burn" lol!

Goals for 2011: Get back to running, eat cleaner (no fried foods),
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 04:53 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Oh yes, you'll use the ball! And you'll have a ball! The ball they're selling with their sest now is different from the one in the videos, but they use the newer ball at the Scarsdale studio. It certainly is squishier, but it works fine.

Have fun and report back!!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 08:25 AM  
Tugger31

I bought this ball and love it! It seems like it will hold up well over time!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...413887.4414035
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 08:34 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

These are great barre workouts! I will be doing the Classic P57 workout tomorrow as well. I like the ball the set came with, it is what I use. I can see how a lot of people like a firmer ball, though.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 09:53 AM  
caitlinpyle

Reporting back!

I LOVED IT!!!!! I LOVED IT SO MUCH!! I nearly shed a tear when it was over because I was so motivated and was having fun and the workout wasn't impossible and Tanya was actually quite encouraging and funny and I wish I lived in New York City and I'm actually going to move there just so I can go to the studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED IT! :::breathes:::

I even did the bonus moves. I'll have to get the hang of the hip shimmy stuff, but I felt the burn and that is what matters. I liked the pacing, how quickly you move from one exercise to the next. It got me sweating and my heart rate was up (CARDIO! yay!) I really liked the seat exercises, especially when you've got the forearm on the barre and your knee and leg are up and level with your hip. Just when I thought I could take no more it is down to the floor for pretzel. My, my, what my body is capable of!!

Also LOVED the heavier weights. I used 6 lb dumbbells and 3 lb dumbbells. I am pleasantly surprised that I was able to do the full reverse plank and that bent-knee tricep dips (that set at the end!!) seemed so easy and just a few weeks ago they were harder. I loved the surprise set of pushups after thigh work. Those are getting easier, too. I for some reason can do half pushups both on my knees AND on my toes. For some reason I'm having the hardest time on my knees getting my chest down toward the ground. I blame my rotator cuffs in my left shoulder... I may just start doing half pushups on my toes and try to build on that and just forget the knee pushups. They feel so awkward.

I may do Bar Method Change Your Body for a recovery/medium day tomorrow depending on DOMS and Thursday hop back in for a booster or one of the express workouts... i teach spinning that night and don't necessarily want to be toast in the morning

Old 04-29-14, 09:59 AM  
pollytc

Caitlin: glad you loved it! I know you and I are new to the barre life and were on a spending spree! I did not buy or acquire P57. Did you buy the whole set or just the individual workouts? You said this is the classic workout?