Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-13, 08:57 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I bought this on a whim. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, so maybe I'll get to do a workout Wed morning.

I like the 1 year money back guarantee. I hope it's all that....
Also anxiously awaiting reviews and feedback on this! Thanks for being our guniea pig!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 07:14 AM  
twinkletoes

All these workouts are close to an hour. I'd be interested to know if they are chaptered, and if they are similar to JNL Fusion (only longer).
Old 09-10-13, 07:35 AM  
deineira

I don't need this, but I'm very interested in this, because it appears to be more calculated as far as using your heart rate and interval training to really burn fat... I'm also looking forward to a review and put this on my wish list.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 12:04 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I don't need this, but I'm very interested in this, because it appears to be more calculated as far as using your heart rate and interval training to really burn fat... I'm also looking forward to a review and put this on my wish list.
I agree totally. I don't need this at all, but I am interested. I like how it is personalized to your specific needs and not just some generalization. I am definitely waiting for some reviews before spending money though.
Old 09-10-13, 01:59 PM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I bought this on a whim. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, so maybe I'll get to do a workout Wed morning.

I like the 1 year money back guarantee. I hope it's all that....

Just wondering if you ordered it from their website or Amazon.
Old 09-10-13, 03:21 PM  
Rosebud

Please fill us in - I put in cart but am going to wait for reviews! Love to see they are almost an hour long too! Can't wait to hear your reviews!!!!

Goals for 2011: Get back to running, eat cleaner (no fried foods),
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 09:29 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
Just wondering if you ordered it from their website or Amazon.
I ordered from Amazon.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 09:36 PM  
T2B

Total Interval & Tummy Tuck (metabolic)

First, let me say that I’m not a previewer. I prefer to do the workout and write down the exercises during rest periods.

DVD’s are pressed. The DVDs are in a 6 disc case. The case is flimsy, one of my DVDs was loose but it wasn’t scratched.

Production is along the same lines of S90 but with better lighting and music. Looks as though it was filmed in a building in the middle of a rehab project. . The cast members look like your regular home exercisers, half of them look really fit, and others look like beginners, some intermediate. No matching outfits, locked smiles or polished, synchronized movements. I don’t think anyone had on shoes.

There is a modifier but she didn’t modify everything. Looked like she may have forgotten she was the modifier a couple of times.

Lead dude exercises with no shirt and a heart rate monitor strapped around his chest. He did the majority of the workout and is in good shape. Definitely easy on the eyes.

You can not fast forward or skip the warnings at the beginning of the DVD.

Music – upbeat instrumentals. You can definitely hear the music. The voice/music seems to be at a good ratio. I have surround sound so I notice right away when one is much louder than the other. As I recall, the music was lowered during rest periods.

Main Menu
Start
Index – Intro, Warm up, each Interval, stretch, bonus.

You can chapter forward.

Warm-up about 10 mins.
Foam rolling - approx 7 mins
Stretch, joint mobility exercises – 10 mins
Workout – approx 30 mins
Stretch – approx 10 mins

Warm up: (holding weights which I don’t think were more than 5#’s, I used 3#’s)
Running in place with bicep curls/kickbacks, butt kicks
High knees
Jumping jacks
Switch kicks
Squat kicks
Criss cross jacks
High knee jump, lunge, touch the floor
Repeat x 2, going faster the 3rd round.

I skipped the foam rolling section because I don’t have a foam roller.
I also skipped the stretch part/joint mobility and will skip it going forward and add it to the end of my workout or maybe as a stretch for another workout. Oh, and I don't have a heart rate monitor.

Cycle 1 – Interval 1, 2, 3.
Suicides
Log jumps
Burpee, spider, spider, military press x 2, back up

1st time was 2 minute cycle, 30 second rest.
2nd time – I don’t remember how long each exercises was done
3rd time - 15 secs, going faster if possible

Check heart rate after each interval let it lower to 65% before starting over. About a 30 sec rest.

Cycle 2, Interval 4, 5 6

Sprint/double lunge, criss cross jacks
Squat bicep curl
Squat hold pulse

Cycle 3, Interval 7, 8, 9. I think there were 10 intervals so I missed something, Oops.

Lunge back, toe touch, kick
Standing mtn climbers
Knee kicks – one side, then other side.

Tummy tuck – consists of deep breath out, expanding belly, deep diaphragm breath in, hollowing out your belly. I think if you turn away to have a sip of water, you may miss this part.

Stretch.

I started out thinking that I would be returning this series but by the end of the workout, I decided that I would try them all first. I really enjoyed the music used for the first 7 intervals.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 09:58 PM  
Darisa

This looks like something my DH would really like. He doesn't care about production values etc so that aspect does not worry me. Thanks for the review T2B!
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-13, 05:07 AM  
twinkletoes

Thanks for the review! I hope you can review some other ones as you them, also. Do you think they're worth the money? What would you compare the workout to?