Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-12, 12:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

question for Winsor aficionados

is the "fat burning" workout on these 2 different DVDs the same, or different?

Winsor Pilates 20 Minute Circle Workout and Accelerated Fat Burning

Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn Basics & Fat Burning - Sculpt Your Body Slim

in the VF reviews section, the circle one (first one above) only seems to review the circle workout.

the "maximum burn" VF review does describe the fat burning workout as having spanish guitar music and dancey choreo.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 12:28 PM  
imhere2dance

Accelerated Fat Burning and Maximum Burn Cardio are the same. The difference is that you don't get the fitness circle workouts on Maximum Burn Cardio.

Maximum Burn Basics & Fat Burning is different, but similar. This DVD includes a Pilates workout that uses dumbbells.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 06:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Accelerated Fat Burning and Maximum Burn Cardio are the same. The difference is that you don't get the fitness circle workouts on Maximum Burn Cardio.

Maximum Burn Basics & Fat Burning is different, but similar. This DVD includes a Pilates workout that uses dumbbells.
thank you so much! i looked at an old collage catalog, and it fits in with what you just wrote. thanks for taking the time to make the links to distiguish between the workouts.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-25-12, 03:59 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thank you so much! i looked at an old collage catalog, and it fits in with what you just wrote. thanks for taking the time to make the links to distiguish between the workouts.
You're welcome! I enjoy the workouts and if you decide to try them, I hope you will too.
Old 06-25-12, 07:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The Maximum Burn Basics is a really good routine but with a serious flaw - the leg circles exercise is only performed on one side! You have to flip back and do the other leg. Other than that it flows very well and the dumbbells are a nice addition.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 08:41 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
The Maximum Burn Basics is a really good routine but with a serious flaw - the leg circles exercise is only performed on one side! You have to flip back and do the other leg. Other than that it flows very well and the dumbbells are a nice addition.
I never noticed that. But, then again, I only do the cardio portion.
Old 06-25-13, 01:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:

WARNING: OLD THREAD resurrected!!!!

imhere2dance: how different is the cardio on MBB&FB (the last one in your post) compared with the other 2? they seem identical - at least the first 11 min of it. i just did the 1st 11 min of the cardio on MBB&FB - it seemed familiar, then i watched the beginning of the cardio of AFB. AFB has the same set, same live bongo drummers, cast.

Old 06-25-13, 03:04 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
WARNING: OLD THREAD resurrected!!!!

imhere2dance: how different is the cardio on MBB&FB (the last one in your post) compared with the other 2? they seem identical - at least the first 11 min of it. i just did the 1st 11 min of the cardio on MBB&FB - it seemed familiar, then i watched the beginning of the cardio of AFB. AFB has the same set, same live bongo drummers, cast.
I remember the cardio portion is longer in one of those... I know that's not very helpful, and I'm sorry for that. I actually don't have them anymore. I've purged A LOT over the last year and more than half of the videos I had are gone now.
Old 06-25-13, 03:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I remember the cardio portion is longer in one of those... I know that's not very helpful, and I'm sorry for that. I actually don't have them anymore. I've purged A LOT over the last year and more than half of the videos I had are gone now.

after i posted my question, i was looking for a single review of MBC, the one "by itself", and i found this thread (you're in it!):

Winsor Pilates: Is this the same workout?

it "seems" that the single MBC, which doesn't appear as a combo with another disc, is different and longer, so i suspect it's different. i could not find any clips or even uploads of MBC to confirm this.

i spotted the "Maximum" series at a thrift store this past week. i left MBC on the shelf, thinking it was the duplicate of the cardio on AFB.

Tags
mari winsor, winsor, winsor pilates