Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-13, 12:48 PM  
DebbieRN

Sorry to hear the mail has been slow for some. I was so surprised that mine was delivered yesterday. I ordered 8:25 PT, Sunday (#513) and it only took 3 days to process and deliver to my little mailbox. Just amazed.

No offense to Denise Austin but her voice just sounds painful or something, to me. Sorta like the nails on the chalkboard thing. I know I'm supposed to be tolerant (especially as a nurse!) Anyway, need to preview the Bikini one to see what I'm in for with Amy's voice. Maybe do that one first just to show myself I can and if it's considered the easier one, all the better. I hope Fusion Mix isn't boring. The clip sure didn't seem boring to me. Darby seems adorable, just no bubbles, please, ever.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 12:56 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieRN View Post
Sorry to hear the mail has been slow for some. I was so surprised that mine was delivered yesterday. I ordered 8:25 PT, Sunday (#513) and it only took 3 days to process and deliver to my little mailbox. Just amazed.

No offense to Denise Austin but her voice just sounds painful or something, to me. Sorta like the nails on the chalkboard thing. I know I'm supposed to be tolerant (especially as a nurse!) Anyway, need to preview the Bikini one to see what I'm in for with Amy's voice. Maybe do that one first just to show myself I can and if it's considered the easier one, all the better. I hope Fusion Mix isn't boring. The clip sure didn't seem boring to me. Darby seems adorable, just no bubbles, please, ever.

Debbie
Great plan.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 01:36 PM  
Fitstick

I got my package yesterday but was scared to start today!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 01:54 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I pulled out P57 today for the first time since getting this set - granted, it was only the 30 min express one - but it was, dare I say it, easy for me? The one remarkable change I have noticed with using this set is my legs. I have always been prone to what I term 'speed skater thighs' in that they are strong, but thick. Not a lot of definition. I my legs right now. So much that at 43 years old I bought myself a pair of 5" inseam shorts! I will be wearing them proudly.

For those of you in the facebook group - I posted my pic there.

I'm glad so many of you caved on this great price, I am this set and what it's doing for my legs and my mind - I feel great!
I changed the title of the thread. I think it would nice to have a thread devoted to Dream Body musings.

BTW Congratulations on your fantastic results!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 01:56 PM  
isebelleg44

So for those of you have done these, do you consider this a cardio day? I want to map out my workouts for next week and I want to include these. Can these be done on consecutive days? If not, what do you in between?

Thanks!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 02:04 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
So for those of you have done these, do you consider this a cardio day? I want to map out my workouts for next week and I want to include these. Can these be done on consecutive days? If not, what do you in between?

Thanks!
I do strength on off days - JNL and/or kettlebells.

Old 05-09-13, 03:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did the Fusion workout today, and really liked many things about this workout. I am excited about doing a rotation with these!

First, DB isn't easy, and will be something I will have to work up to. Fusion was 60 minutes, but I don't see any reason why these couldn't be broken up to make them shorter.

I was ready to quit by the time Darby put the balance ball away, about only 20-25 minutes into the workout, but not because I didn't like the workout! Keeping up that pace is challenging, as are the exercises. But, what I like is that many of the exercises are very easy to modify (and I will do so!) Legs can be bent, instead of straight. Don't have to jump with the ballet burpees. Don't have to complete all the reps or at the same speed.

The pause button on the remote will be necessary, until I develop more strength and stamina with this type of workout. But, I'm very happy to work up to doing this! I love all the inner thigh work. I love working with the balance ball. I love the use of light handweights. I love the floorwork. I love the variety and that not a minute is wasted...ever!

Sure, I am not crazy about Darby's voice, but I can turn the volume down. The exercises alone are worth it to me, and I'm so glad I ordered this set (having only done the first workout!)

I plan to rotate each one in order every other day (if I can manage the entire workout.) But, what might be more realistic for me is to only do half a workout each day, until I get better with the exercises.

I can totally BELIEVE that workouts such as this will change a persons body! Maybe even this 51 year old menopausal body (and belly!) I just need to start slower and only do as much as I can do, and I would think I'm going to see improvements.

Anyone want to start a check-in for Dream Body, so we can encourage each other?

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 03:38 PM  
caligurl

what are you going to do on the off days?

editted to add: just saw shammy does weights.... i don't have JNL... so what types of workouts are those? what else would compare to them?

and does anyone have the breakdowns to these workouts?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 03:43 PM  
novadancer

The only other thing I do is walk. Yesterday was the first time I've done anything besides DB in the last 6 weeks (did BTM). I still don't always keep up with them - I just go at my own pace. I also sometimes split the videos up. Both bootcamp and barre have perfect breaking points. I find that since I like to go on powerwalks with my hubby in the evening I either have to do the entire workout in the am or I've only got enough leg energy for about 25 minutes of any of the workouts!

I do tend to do these more often than they recommend (on FB they say take a day off between), but not every day either. Some weeks it's 5-6 days and others I only make it 3 - it just depends on my schedule and energy level.
novadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 05:13 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I did the Fusion workout today, and really liked many things about this workout. I am excited about doing a rotation with these!

First, DB isn't easy, and will be something I will have to work up to. Fusion was 60 minutes, but I don't see any reason why these couldn't be broken up to make them shorter.

I was ready to quit by the time Darby put the balance ball away, about only 20-25 minutes into the workout, but not because I didn't like the workout! Keeping up that pace is challenging, as are the exercises. But, what I like is that many of the exercises are very easy to modify (and I will do so!) Legs can be bent, instead of straight. Don't have to jump with the ballet burpees. Don't have to complete all the reps or at the same speed.

The pause button on the remote will be necessary, until I develop more strength and stamina with this type of workout. But, I'm very happy to work up to doing this! I love all the inner thigh work. I love working with the balance ball. I love the use of light handweights. I love the floorwork. I love the variety and that not a minute is wasted...ever!

Sure, I am not crazy about Darby's voice, but I can turn the volume down. The exercises alone are worth it to me, and I'm so glad I ordered this set (having only done the first workout!)

I plan to rotate each one in order every other day (if I can manage the entire workout.) But, what might be more realistic for me is to only do half a workout each day, until I get better with the exercises.

I can totally BELIEVE that workouts such as this will change a persons body! Maybe even this 51 year old menopausal body (and belly!) I just need to start slower and only do as much as I can do, and I would think I'm going to see improvements.

Anyone want to start a check-in for Dream Body, so we can encourage each other?

Pam
Pam - there already is a check in! Come on over!

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua