Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-13, 09:52 AM  
novadancer

While I may not be ready for 5 inch inseams like Shammy, I too at 43 am seeing way better results with DB than anything I've used in the past 3 years (gained dreaded 10 lbs between turning 40 & repeated ivf's).
I have been doing them about 3 - 5 days a week (all except for toning & tabata i've yet to try that!) for the past 6 weeks and have definitely seen improvements all over my body (waist, arms, legs, butt). I even decied to pull out BTM last night and did not struggle with it the way I usually do!! I still prefer DB to toniques as I just can't tolerate the endless reps
novadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:02 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
You will not like this if you don't like non-stop talking in Denise Austin-type voices. The music is very quiet and used for back ground, it doesn't drive the workout. I do wish the warm up/cool down were a touch longer.

Like I said, it moves, but you don't have to move at lightning speed. Make it your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
+1 on the Denise Austin comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
The leader of the Bikini Bootcamp DVD even sounds like Denise Austin

Ugh, great!! I cannot stand Denise Austin's voice! Hopefully I'll be too busy huffing and puffing to let it bother me. Guess I'll find out when I get them today.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:04 AM  
altinker

I think the bikini workout is easier than the first one. I was able to do 15 minutes and could have kept going if I didn't have to get ready for work.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:15 AM  
caligurl

NOW you tell us about the denise austin sound alike......
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:36 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by altinker View Post
I think the bikini workout is easier than the first one. I was able to do 15 minutes and could have kept going if I didn't have to get ready for work.
Bikini Bootcamp is by far the easiest for me - but the floor section is killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
NOW you tell us about the denise austin sound alike......
I did mention it when I first got the set back in December. I'm not a fan of DA, but I enjoy this workout so much I don't even notice it.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:41 AM  
peanutgrl

Fusion with Darby (disc 1) I just couldn't get into, it was a bit on the boring side. Then I put in Fusion with Brooke (disc 5) and WOW, it was excellent!
Old 05-09-13, 10:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yep, I think Bikini Bootcamp is the least favorite for me. I cannot tolerate Denise Austin, but this gal doesn't bug me like DA does. I'm not sure why it's my least favorite but it's not about her voice.

I loved an earlier comment in this thread about owning it and making it your own workout -- that's how to approach these and you will love them (I think). I am also having great results (at 51) but I also credit BTM and Energy Mat, too. I'm really only managing to hit DB about once a week -- maybe twice.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:45 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post

I did mention it when I first got the set back in December. I'm not a fan of DA, but I enjoy this workout so much I don't even notice it.
i wasn't reading the threads back then..... and even when the sale came out i pretty much only looked at the threads linked to the thread announcing the sale...

i'm excited to try them!
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 10:47 AM  
Rose Ohio

I received my DVDs yesterday. I did Bikini Bootcamp this morning. I stopped before the toning segment. These are seriously challenging. There is a modifier which makes it doable, and I just went at my own pace. Got a really awesome workout!

I previewed the original Dream Body workout with the bubbles. I don't think I like it. I will probably try it once at least. Moves way too fast and reps you to death. This one might be going in the trade pile.

I don't think I will do a rotation with these, but they have a place in my workout schedule. I am going to start JNL Fusion in a week. I will try and do some different things as well. Overall I am glad I bought the DB Set. It was a great price!
Old 05-09-13, 12:23 PM  
hotncmom

I am in NC. My mail just came...NO Dreambody package There have been no further updates to the tracking, even though it says expected delivery is today. As far as I know these are still in Austin. I am not a happy camper right now. I was really looking forward to starting a new rotation of these and was planning to do one of the workouts today.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua