Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-13, 10:19 PM  
bayportsmom

I don't remember what the premixes were, but I agree they didnt make sense (Amy's Drop Sets). I just pick the body part I want off the chaptered menu.
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 06:43 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I really like the following
  • Kathy Smith's Secrets workouts
I had these on VHS years ago but didn't keep them, maybe I need to look at them again. They were decent workouts.

Another good weight workout is her Lifting Weights to Lose Weight, she is kind of shrill and shrieky in this workout though which is a little annoying. It had options for lighter weights and more reps, or heavier weights and lower reps. It has 20 minute upper and lower body sections, plus a 10-15 ab routine.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 06:55 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayportsmom View Post
I don't remember what the premixes were, but I agree they didnt make sense (Amy's Drop Sets). I just pick the body part I want off the chaptered menu.
I loaned Drop Sets to a VFer b/c I'm not ready to give it up entirely but for the life of me, cannot figure out what Amy was thinking with the premixes. They are worthless. It would have made sense to have Legs and Shoulders premix, Bi's & Tri's premix, Back & Chest Premix, etc...I adore Amy Bento but for the life of me what was she thinking????? It should be re-released with thought out, useful premixes.
Old 04-07-13, 07:46 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Hands down, Cathe's STS Total Body. You do 16 reps and then 12 reps - no endless repetitions, no pulses, no low-ends, no surprise add-ons. You can go heavy or light - whatever suits your mood that day. Sometimes I like to do the 16 reps with light weights and at a faster pace than Cathe (so I might get in 20 reps), and then the 12 reps with the heaviest weight I can handle. Other days I do exactly what Cathe and crew do. I now skip past the breaks and explanations, and that gets the entire workout down to about 61 minutes - perfect for me.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:51 AM  
RoseOOPs

I like Amy Bento's Slo-Mo
RoseOOPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:52 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
Hands down, Cathe's STS Total Body. You do 16 reps and then 12 reps - no endless repetitions, no pulses, no low-ends, no surprise add-ons. You can go heavy or light - whatever suits your mood that day. Sometimes I like to do the 16 reps with light weights and at a faster pace than Cathe (so I might get in 20 reps), and then the 12 reps with the heaviest weight I can handle. Other days I do exactly what Cathe and crew do. I now skip past the breaks and explanations, and that gets the entire workout down to about 61 minutes - perfect for me.

Lurdes
Ooh...might have to check this one out. I like Cathe but I absolutely hate low ends!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 11:54 AM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Cathe High Reps
Cathe STS Total Body
Firm Vol. 1
Cathe Cardio Barre

These are the ones I reach for the most.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 11:57 AM  
Loriann

Cathe - Power Hour, LIS Tri-sets
Jari - Get Ripped and Chiseled
Margaret Richard - Sculpture

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 04:19 PM  
PeakFitness

KCM Split Sessions
Old 04-07-13, 04:51 PM  
BamaTanya

I'm really enjoying Margaret Richard since I received Unplugged 1900 for Christmas. It looks so easy, so relaxed and low-key, but it's tough!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote