Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-13, 08:28 PM  
Tugger31

Talking Thoughts on Cathe's 100 RC's....

I've finally completed all of the 100 RC's this week. My thoughts on these...I think they are a great way to either polish off a body part, or for me, doing them as a quick add-on on a separate day so I can hit each body part twice and still have time for things like cardio, abs, yoga. I got the weight on the Hip Thrusters correct the first try, the other 100 RC's, I think I went too light as I had barely a hint of DOMS. I'm not doing the Scarecrows again though. I used 3's and my left arm still has a bad burning pain and my hand felt tingly for a few hours after I was done with them. I was leery at the thought of doing 100 reps for the rotator cuff in the first place. Live and learn. I'm replacing the Scarecrows with 100 Calve Raises though so all is good

I've only done two weeks of the weight work in Xtrain, the first week I did Burn Sets and the second week the other separate upper body workouts. I only did the 100 RC's the 2nd week. I'm already seeing some hints of new definition in my arms without any diet changes. So I'm going to keep on ridin' the Xtrain for awhile!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 10:51 PM  
bigtree

I don't really understand the purpose of these.
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 06:38 AM  
Tugger31

Cathe says the purpose of them is to strengthen your weak areas. There are also some articles on 100 Reps that I've found online which say basically the same thing. Another article has a total body workout to do a few times a week that consists of nothing but 100 Reps of everything and his thoughts are to use it no more than 1-2 weeks in a row to help shock your system and break thru a resistance training plateau. Whatever the reason I'm enjoying them b/c they're quick and once I get my weight adjusted, will be a good way to get in a second body part per week.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 01:14 PM  
CharM

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but after adding in a 100 reps biceps challenge once per week (for two weeks), I'm now able to do some biceps exercises of Burn Sets Bi's using 20s; the heaviest I ever used before was 17.5 lbs.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 01:33 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

I was hoping these would be on one dvd and was disappointed when they were not.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-13, 11:48 PM  
bigtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Cathe says the purpose of them is to strengthen your weak areas. There are also some articles on 100 Reps that I've found online which say basically the same thing. Another article has a total body workout to do a few times a week that consists of nothing but 100 Reps of everything and his thoughts are to use it no more than 1-2 weeks in a row to help shock your system and break thru a resistance training plateau. Whatever the reason I'm enjoying them b/c they're quick and once I get my weight adjusted, will be a good way to get in a second body part per week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but after adding in a 100 reps biceps challenge once per week (for two weeks), I'm now able to do some biceps exercises of Burn Sets Bi's using 20s; the heaviest I ever used before was 17.5 lbs.
Thank you both - very helpful. Now to work out where to fit them in!
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 08:19 AM  
Irish Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie2191 View Post
I was hoping these would be on one dvd and was disappointed when they were not.
Me too! Wouldn't that make a great workout?
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote