Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-11, 08:00 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Leg threads, though... that's another thing entirely.
Oh man I hate those leg threads!!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 08:24 PM  
juberann

Which workout are those in? what the heck is a leg thread?
Old 06-08-11, 08:59 PM  
cardiomama

Another modification for a burpee, is to step out into plank position & back in vs. jumping. Also, squat, then lunge back (leg can be straight or bent) w/ opposite hand tap to floor (chest is close to knee of bent leg)> squat & stand, alternate sides (this was burpee mod. from Brazil Butt Lift).

ETA: have fun w/ the workouts, some of them are really good (and only 20 min. long).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:19 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Which workout are those in? what the heck is a leg thread?
Rebekah's cardio has leg threads, it's kind of a variation on a squat thrust. One leg threads under the other leg from bent leg plank position, while the hip drops to floor & upper body rotates to face side that leg kicks/threads out to, and then returns to meet other leg, then repeat on other side & stand up (modifications are demoed, foot taps floor, upper body has less rotation, not really facing side w/leg thread).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 08:36 AM  
bethellen

I started with my Firm Express with the June rotation on the Firm board. Unfortunately my PF flared up and I stopped after only a few days into the rotation. I can tell you I was loving the workouts! I really thought I would have a hard time with doing a workout then switching the dvd and doing another. I hate to do more than 1 workout a day - I lose focus and don't want to fiddle with the player. This was no problem with these; the 20 minutes fly and I look forward to putting in workout 2 for the day.
I also have not tried to do just one a day - seems like a waist to put on my workout clothes, put my hair up, get swetty, etc. and not work out for my minimum of 30 minutes. So two together make a nice 40 minute do-able fly-by workout.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 11:32 AM  
juberann

While I don't plan on starting a rotation until next week, I did Emily's Ignite Cardio a few minutes ago and all I can say is.............WOW Not a fan of Emilys but she didn't bother me at all in this one. Yes, she talks fast and constantly but she has to since this moves SO fast. I did fumble, had a hard time keeping up at times, this is not a workout to do when your brain isn't fully awake but I really enjoyed the workout, LOVED it, in fact!! and I can say that about very few cardio workouts. The Pylos were difficult for me so I modified but I knew I was going to do that before I even started. I don't care for Jennifer's modifications, it's like she kinda forgot she was the modifier that is my biggest gripe about this one. I liked the music, I think, honestly, I didn't even pay that much attention to it because I was so focused on what I was doing. I loved the kickboxing element to this one, wish Emily would move a little slower but then that defeats the whole purpose of the workout The moves are simple but since they move so quickly, it's easy to trip up but that will change with repetition and I see being able to learn the routine in a couple of tries for a normal person, it may take me a few tries
So far, so good!! LOVED the Bursts although they were tougher then I ever imagined they would be.
For anyone who thinks the FIRM isn't tough enough, you might want to check out this set
Old 06-09-11, 11:45 AM  
juberann

Oh ,learned aother thing that is absolutely required for these workouts..............a good, high quality sports bra
Old 06-09-11, 12:25 PM  
joycet
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl View Post
Oh man I hate those leg threads!!
I hate those leg threads too! I kicked myself in the left shin twice trying to do them!

I bought the FE set about 30 days ago when I saw the price went down. I've been using them off and on. I had been looking for some workouts that would be intense but didn't have 40 million burpees or power lunges or other moves that seem so prevalent in all the workouts out right now. This set fit the bill really nicely. (I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Firm anyway.) I'm really glad I bought them!
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 03:03 PM  
juberann

Those leg threads sound fun...........not! I havn't seen them yet because I havn't gotten past Ignite but sounds like I'm in for a real treat
Old 06-09-11, 06:37 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Those leg threads sound fun...........not! I havn't seen them yet because I havn't gotten past Ignite but sounds like I'm in for a real treat
I use the transfirmer for those too. My lower body is sore today....I think from that move in Rebekah's CS where she has you go from kneeling to standing. Ouchie!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burpees, firm express, modifications, the firm express kit