Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-11, 09:11 AM  
gjv

I gave my set away. I knew from previewing them that they were not for me. Sad, because I lurve Tom Holland.
Old 05-09-11, 09:12 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
On another note, are Tom Holland's other workouts any good?
Oh my yes! His Total Body Workout, both 1 and 2, are awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Hollands-T...4950426&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Hollands-T...p_ob_d_title_2
Old 05-09-11, 09:18 AM  
bearcatfan

I wish I did like them, especially for the price.

If only a little more care had been taken - chaptering, a rehearsal or two - I think they could have been much better. They are not bad, by any means, but not my thing after being spoiled by good chaptering, premixes, etc.
Old 05-09-11, 09:26 AM  
Castella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I wish I did like them, especially for the price.

If only a little more care had been taken - chaptering, a rehearsal or two - I think they could have been much better. They are not bad, by any means, but not my thing after being spoiled by good chaptering, premixes, etc.
I agree with this.

I'm not inspired to pick them up and do them and I certainly couldn't do a rotation because there are so many little things about the DVDs that really irritate me. I dislike the sloppy background exercisers, the one blonde women usually has excellent form but I could do without her belly button jewelry which annoys me everytime I look up and see it. Tom Holland gets on my nerves here because he sounds and acts so much like Tony in P90X. Form pointers are far and few between.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 09:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

One of the women has that thick, muscle-bound waistline that I personally find unappealing, and is not a look I would aspire to. Sure, she has a strong core, but so does P90X's Dreya Weber (who is an aerialist). One can have a strong midsection without bulking it out.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 10:17 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta-tude View Post
one of the women has that thick, muscle-bound waistline that i personally find unappealing, and is not a look i would aspire to. Sure, she has a strong core, but so does p90x's dreya weber (who is an aerialist). One can have a strong midsection without bulking it out.
ita!

(Though overall I really like the workouts!)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 11:30 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I can't stand these workouts, I wrote on a previous thread about why I didn't like these. Especially the Tabata Inferno, I loveeeeee Tabata Training,but not S90 Tabata, these were truly awful. I find S90 boring and I can't stand the pace like some yelled "fire" in the workout studio. I also didn't like that the trainer often forgets when and what exercises he was doing in the circuits, I found that a little distracting when I was not looking at the video and I hear him said something different than what I doing. These will be on trade or STW real soon
I didn't care for S90 for these reasons as well as Rose's reasons. I did like both the core workouts the best, and the Legs workout gave me some good DOMS, but the fun wasn't there and the pace was too weird. Yes, I know they say you can go at your own pace, but when I'm doing a fitness dvd, I'd rather follow along, you know?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 11:37 AM  
joycet
VF Supporter

My husband and I did a rotation of S90. We started with the intent of doing the full 90 day rotation. We got 60 days into it and ended up stopping. I couldn't take it anymore and was so glad when hubby was okay with stopping. I was not enjoying the workouts. Hubby liked them but I could tell even he was starting to notice the incorrect cues, the background exercisers who were rushing through the strength work and the constant chatter from Tom. He was making comments during the workouts which is unusual for him to do. We got tired of the same warmup and cooldown for every workout too.

We decided that they aren't bad workouts but we didn't look forward to doing them like we did P90x or other workout programs we've done.
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 11:41 AM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I know you didn't ask for people who do like the workouts but I had to chime in anyway I do agree with some of the issues that people have with them (no chaptering, same warm up) but I love the short length of the workouts, I actually like the faster speed because it keeps my heart rate up & gives me a cardio effect. I can always slow down the pace if I need to or pause it. I have not been doing traditional weights for quite a while now but at only 25-40 minutes each workout, I can add them on to other routines and go back to some traditional strength training. For $20 I really don't think you can beat the set!
Old 05-10-11, 09:33 AM  
PeakFitness

I don't like:

Tom's constant encouragement - "Come on, come on, come on, come on!" Shut up already!

Everyone going at a different pace - There's always someone who's the slowest, and I can keep up with the slowest, but I have to keep track of my reps myself and I don't like that. I agree with whoever said if I wanted to do that myself, I'd do a paper workout.

Tabata Inferno - I was excited about this one, but I was very disappointed. I wrote a review in the review section about why I didn't click with this one. A lot of the moves are just too easy and don't really require my max effort, so they don't have a tabata effect.

I wish they wouldn't have included the swiss ball, because I don't have one and don't want one, it takes up too much space. You can modify, but it would have been a better set without the ball. But this is just a small peeve, no biggie.

Weights are used in the cardio workout, I HATE when they do that!

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day, supreme90, supreme90 day, tom holland