Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-11, 09:54 AM  
cmarsh4

Do I really need to keep TF 55 and 60

Hi,

I love my Turbo Fire 45 class, 45 EZ, 30 and most of my HII'sT but I am thinking about trading my 55,60, Hiit 15 and the toning ones. I just dont see me using these. I think with the fast pace and all the other fun cardio(like insanity) I have right now that these would just be longer versions of the two I realy like and I just dont think I will ever pull them out. With the Hiit 15 I think that is just too short to use and I dont think I will ever use the toning. Should I try these before I trade them or am I correct that I just dont really need them and just keep the ones I know I love?

Any thoughts??
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 10:15 AM  
BurnRN

Definitely try them before trading! Fire 55 and 60 are actually my two favorites and I rarely touch the other fires. Who knows, maybe you'll feel the same!
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 10:33 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I personally can not break up sets, but then again, I rarely if ever, get rid of any of my workouts.

Both are great workouts with great music, so definitely try them.

I'm a huge fan of breaking up my workouts, and I do like to break them down and do the warm up and a couple of other sections before my strength work. I like to be thoroughly warm before my strength work, and the length is perfect for warming up my body and getting rid of the mental fog.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 10:51 AM  
joycet
VF Supporter

Personally, I don't think the toning workouts in TF are that good and have thought about trading or selling those myself. I won't use them as I prefer heavy weight strength training so I'd say go for it on that DVD since you know you won't use them.

Unless you really prefer 45 minutes or less to work out, I think you should try the Fire 55 and 60 workouts before getting rid of them. Both are really fun and you may find you like them just as well or better than the others!
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:17 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Even though I have broken up some sets, I wouldn't give up any of my Turbo Fires! 55 and 60 are awesome fun and I like the longer workout length myself.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:39 PM  
dmlarue1

I like the ez ones...i don't like the super fast pace of the nonEz ones...i have them but don't reach for them. if you don't like them i would trade them.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 01:21 PM  
rose2boys

Definitely keep Fire 55EZ!! (btw, not ez!) that's actually my fave of the fires. The 2 finales are sooo fun and the music is great. I always feel like a sweaty million bucks afterwards. Fire60 have only done a couple times, didn't click w/me as much as others, but I would not get rid of it. Still a good workout.

I agree, the toning ones are really kind of a waste for me, but still like to do occasionally...I rarely break up a set, but if I were to those are the ones I'd trade.

Hiit 15 I love to do when I am really pressed for time but want to get an intense quick workout in...i think it's really good. short & sweaty!
rose2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 01:27 PM  
steakhousegirl

I don't have Fire 60 (wish I did) but I adore 55. Not big on the toning ones either but I don't like to break up sets. HiiT 15 is great IMO as a warmup to toning which is exactly what you do during the rotation. My favorite HiiT is 25.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 02:01 PM  
cmarsh4

Thanks for the great replies. I am going to be done with P90X this week so I will have more time to add these in so I am going to try the 55 and 60 since they are so well liked. I love the Hiit and never thought about adding the 15 Hiit on before a weight workout that is a great idea. I think I will try the toning ones first too but dont sound like they are that great. Thanks again.

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 02:10 PM  
Malinda

Sometimes I will chapter back and do the HIIT portion of HIIT 15 twice to make it a little longer of a workout, so you end up with 18 intervals - although by the time I'm on the 6th repetition of the last interval, I can barely pull my legs up for the "in-out" tuck jumps! That last sequence took me awhile to learn, but it is a killer.
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalene, chalene johnson, turbo fire, turbofire