Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-09, 03:36 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I did Seasun's workout on Monday, I had a hard time catching on to the choreography but I think after a couple more times I'll get it (I hope). It was a lot to follow along with first thing in the morning & I got a bit frustrated but my HR still stayed up there & according to my HR monitor, I still burned a bunch of calories (about 900 overall). The plank work was good, as usual with Seasun. My abs were really sore yesterday!

I did part of Amy's yesterday, combos 1-3 with the surges. Yes, the first surge was pretty tough with all the up & downs! I really had fun with this workout & can't wait to try it the whole way through.

Both workouts had great music & I'm very pleased with them!
Old 04-29-09, 03:56 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
I did Seasun's workout on Monday, I had a hard time catching on to the choreography but I think after a couple more times I'll get it (I hope). It was a lot to follow along with first thing in the morning & I got a bit frustrated but my HR still stayed up there & according to my HR monitor, I still burned a bunch of calories (about 900 overall).
900! My HRM showed me burning about 225 for the first half, and only 500 for all of Amy's today. I would love 900!

Donna K
DHKWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 04:16 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
I still burned a bunch of calories (about 900 overall).

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't even burn that much on spinervals!!!!! i can usually plan on about 600 an hour for spinervals..... 900 on a step workout?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 04:26 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHKWriter View Post
900! My HRM showed me burning about 225 for the first half, and only 500 for all of Amy's today. I would love 900!

Donna K
Me, too. I never burn anywhere near that much. I'm lucky to get 300 during a tough workout!
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 04:33 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did the Surge Premix from Amy's Kickbox Surge and it was tough. I also loved the med ball core section. I have not done the rest of the workout yet, but I can't wait to give it a try. I plan on learning one combo at a time after or before my regular workout. I think Amy's workouts get better and better. The music is rockin, the choreography is interesting, the surges are tough, and I'm going to love this as much as I love ITR (I'm so surprised by how many people don't like ITR...it's one of my FAVES!!!) I have to say that I agree with another poster who posted on Amy's forum, this may be her best yet! Amy knows how to bring fun into a kick butt workout!
Is that just the surges? Wow, I'll bet that was tough! I loved this workout, it's definitely her best kickbox workout ever, and up there as one of the best overall. I had trouble with that last surge, and a bit of trouble with the last combo, but other than that, it was easy to learn. When I previewed it, it looked a bit repetitive and I was afraid it might get a bit boring, but it didn't. I loved it.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 05:11 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
i can usually plan on about 600 an hour for spinervals..... 900 on a step workout?
My workout time was about 80 minutes because I ended up repeating one of the segments an extra time to try to get the moves down. I had my pedometer on & already had over my 10,000 steps for the day when I was done with the workout Monday morning.

I don't know how accurate HR monitors are with calorie burn but hopefully they are somewhat accurate. I have a Timex one that was recommended here a few months back & I love it! My HR averaged about 145 or so for the workout and I'm 5' 5" (and a half), about 128 pounds.
Old 04-29-09, 06:58 PM  
KathAL79

Thanks for the reviews! I'm planning on trying Amy's later this week (will report back when I get to it).

I'm still wavering on regretting not preordering Seasun's, but I have so many complex step workouts I've still yet to try or finish mastering...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 07:04 PM  
tara426

I have loved Amy's and Tonya's. I couldn't get Seasun's. I don't know if I ever will.
Anyway, is anyone going to buy the gymstick because of getting the gymstick workout for free? I watched it. it looks pretty good with good music as well.
the music on this series really does rock. love it.
I didn't think Tonya's workout was only an intermediate as Collage says. I'd rate it as an intermediate-advanced.
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 07:48 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Was anyone else besides mine, a plain dvd w/ black lettering?

Kim
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 10:08 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara426 View Post
Anyway, is anyone going to buy the gymstick because of getting the gymstick workout for free? I watched it. it looks pretty good with good music as well.
I looked at the Gymstick website and IIRC, the gymstick was $80. I think the workout does look pretty good but I'm not going to pay $80 for equipment for one DVD. It's too bad, really.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, amy bento, cia, kimberly spreen, reviews, seasun zieger, tonya larson