Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-20, 08:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Anny, LOL! Nope, I don't look like my avatar.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 09:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Thursday! I did another outdoor yoga class this morning--it was hot but this time not in direct sun. I also had a nice coffee/bit to eat (outdoors in a park) with one of my yoga friends after.

I filmed a new yoga practice today, variations on pigeon pose:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLO3n6dRT_s

I also filmed one yesterday, a desk practice. I'm not really on a schedule like I was before, but I might try to keep doing about one a week.

I finished Day 5 (of 7) of my yin training. I'm not sure if I want to do the next practice tomorrow or Saturday. DH is excited that it's supposed to rain on Saturday (his birthday), which means he can stop watering the grass.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 10:49 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Beth's Yoga Class, Gentle Active Yoga Focused on Playing with Pigeon Pose | YogiBethC

The last couple of days I've only felt like doing some stretching so Beth's practice this morning felt really nice. I love Figure 4 stretch while on the back! I can't do Figure 4 sitting on the chair or Figure 4 sitting on the floor so I subbed doing Figure 4 either standing or on my back. I had never done pigeon pose using a bolster so that was a nice variation to try. Thanks Beth, thumbs up on that practice!
Old 07-10-20, 11:01 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I'm so excited about your thumbs up! I never want to make anyone feel like they have to be able to do every variation; my goal is definitely to help people find the versions that work best for them.

I did my next yin YTT practice; it was focused on twists and felt really nice.

TGIF!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-10-20, 07:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

1.6 mile walk at the park with my grandson.

My 5 year old grandson was getting ornery so I took him to a nearby park and let him run some of the vinegar out of him! I walked at the park while he ran.
Old 07-10-20, 09:31 PM  
Anny

Paine I loved hearing the positive review of Beth’s yoga video. It sounds like an awesome stretch. I also love hearing about your time with your grandson.

Beth so glad it didn’t rain for your outdoor yoga class. That Yin practice also sounds nice.

Today I have done some weights (Joyce lower body) and will probably do a Leslie or Taebo this afternoon.
Old 07-10-20, 10:09 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Wednesday was a planned rest day. Thursday was an unplanned rest day.

Today's Workout: Hand & Elbow Workout "A" from J.B. Berns' Freedom Restoration, followed by the 5-minute Foot & Ankle routine from Jill Miller's Quick Fix Rx.

Not much of a "workout" but just about all I can manage between my physically intense library shifts, the heat, and general Covid-induced malaise. On my library days I'm just going to aim for short, gentle, rehab-type routines -- at least until I get my workout mojo back.

Beth: Summer afternoon temps here are usually in the 90s and often over 100, so no walking for me at that time. Luckily it almost always cools down significantly at night (we get a breeze off San Francisco Bay, which flows inland through the river delta) so early mornings are generally pleasant. I try to leave for my walks by 7:30am so that I'm back well before 10am.

Paine: The Fitprime Rebounding DVD was a little sad in that they used some of the same set from the WHFN series but the filming lacked the gorgeous saturated color. I'm not sure if I ever tried Strong Bear (from the supposedly more intense KickButt workouts). I might be able to borrow it from my local VF buddy.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 10:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Raising the Bar (Upper Body workout)
Jane Adams Yoga For Beginners (Lying Poses for Flexibility Practice)

Many years ago I bought Margaret's Raising the Bar because I thought I'd love the lower body workout. I ended up not particularly caring for the lower body workout but I do like the upper body workout so that's what I did this morning.

Sandra, I can identify with your description of Covid-induced malaise. On those days, I often do a feel-good gentle stretch practice (such as yin yoga or the Jane Adams Yoga practice that I did above).
Old 07-11-20, 02:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Count me in for another one with some feelings of (likely covid-induced) ennui. I haven't been doing a lot of weight workouts of late and had to push myself today to do KCM's Split Sessions (upper body); I just barely squeaked it out.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-11-20, 04:42 PM  
YogaGal

Been a busy week; we went to visit BIL & SIL in Payson AZ on Wednesday and Thursday; it was still fairly warm, but we went out for a hike around a lake on Wednesday afternoon. It was 3.8 miles and took just over 2 hours. Most of the hike was shady, so heat wasn’t a problem and we were socially distant. Now we are back in the valley for some intense heat (109 and above) the next few days.

I feel like most of you; DH and I are more introverted and enjoy our home, but still get cabin fever from time to time. We miss eating out and going to museums and concerts.

Sandra: Loved your quote for this week! After reading the first sentence, I was expecting something serious to follow, but no! Gave me a much-needed laugh. I miss the rhythm of my pre-pandemic work schedule and getting to spend time with my colleagues in person. You are getting in some good workouts at your job; and yes, the heat is definitely a factor in wanting to choose lower intensity workouts.

cyana: Let us know if you have any recommendations for masks after you try out the ones you ordered. I’ve decided that youth or kids size fits me better. Your slaw recipe looks great! I’ve tried and liked slaw with oil & vinegar dressing; I’ve made versions adding green onions and corn, but not red pepper, so I will try this one for sure.

Paine: How great that your grandsons eat their veggies and have you read to them. I agree with Beth that they are giving you quite a workout. Lifting 29 pounds! Your term “Covid-induced malaise” is very apropos for how many of us are feeling. I often have days when I have to really limit watching news as that triggers anger and/or depression in me.

Beth: Thanks for sharing the stretching article. I find it so helpful to stretch my hamstrings and hip flexors on a frequent basis. I will try to check out your pigeon pose video soon. Glad you managed to squeak out your KCM strength workout.

Anny: Glad you are able to FaceTime with your granddaughter and two sons. I can relate to going mad spending so much time at home; last Sunday DH and I took a drive to our old neighborhood to check out the growth and changes. It is about 20 miles from where we now live, and it was just good to get out and have a change of scenery. So was going up north to Payson on Wednesday.

I'll post my recent workouts in tomorrow's check-in.