Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-11-20, 09:13 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We got an earlier start than usual since we woke up around 6:00. I've gotten started getting ready to cook a chicken for lunch and we went for a walk before it gets hot. DH is consumed by getting the taxes done. I'm not sure what I'll get into today.

Anita - Yeah, I had the same thought about the theme. We'll see. It's amazing how much the world has changed. Who knew at the beginning of the year that a car ride with someone would be a treat?

Paula - The longer all this goes on, the less motivated I feel. I'm trying to figure out how to get some motivation back.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 08:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today - maybe I'll get in some yoga before bed. We've decided to take an overnight getaway so my workout time was spent organizing things. We'll leave Monday morning and come home Tuesday.

Anita, yes, we stayed under triple digits, but just. It's been really hot here today - about 91 degrees. Hope you and Gus had a nice walk and you with putzing around. I've been watering daily trying to get my new plantings to root. Fingers crossed they won't burn up before they get rooted. The last time I saw a double rainbow we were vacationing in Hawaii and that was decades ago. We have driven in a car with a friend, he flys with us a couple times a month. We all wore masks and did our best to keep apart but still you're in the car and then a small plane with someone. Of course he's retired too and goes out very little (one reason why we try to get him out) so we think he's taking a greater risk than we are.

Laura, I hear you on motivation. Sometimes I feel so tired. DH is stressed over the possibility of having cancer in another location. His upcoming biopsy and possible surgery, the virus, the lack of usual friendships, so sometimes I just want to crawl into bed and sleep my life away. I hope this short get away will take both our minds off things for at least a short while. I know I have no right to complain or feel sorry for myself as we are lucky to have the boat and the plane which allow us a wider world than most people, but sometimes I still do.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote