Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-25-20, 05:46 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

July

June Total = 26/30

1 - Rest
2 - Weights on my own + Peloton Hannah 70s 6/14/20
3 - Peloton Denis Classic Rock 3/1/19--58 min, 14.8 miles, 363 calories.
4 - Pahla B Strength for Women Over 50 + KCM Stepboxing 1 Kickboxing Drills premix--HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!
5 - Pahla B Weight Loss for Women Over 50 Day 12 + Lee Holden Day 22 of Qi Gong Challenge

6 - Peloton All For One ride 7/2/2020--70 min, 15.9 miles, 352 kcal. This is their annual multiple instructor ride they do around the Fourth of July every year. This one was inspiring as always. They announced that the Peloton community (including app users like myself) now numbers 2.5 million!
7 - KCM RAW Weights 2 + Cardio on my Own--I downloaded the Interval Timer app & programmed a workout of 15 one-minute cycles of 30-20-10: 30 seconds of marching in place or whatever cardio move, 20 seconds of faster moving, 10 seconds jog in place. (I borrowed that from one of Pahla B's workouts.) Put on some music & just took off! Worked for me today since I couldn't decide what cardio I wanted to do after the weights; just wanted a little something. I'm looking forward to playing around with this.
8 - "Rest"--had to deal with a dead car battery and a broken AC (which is serious business here in Florida right now!). All is well now, but it was not exactly a restful day.
9 - Weights on my own + a Peloton ride
10 - Peloton Christine 80s 3/2/2020--58 min, 14.5 miles, 347 calories. I've noticed since I've been going heavier on my weights on Thursdays that it's harder for me to push on my Friday Peloton rides. I think I'm going to try switching my Monday & Friday rides, i.e. do the cardio push on Monday (after my light day Sunday), then do the longer but easier Endurance ride on Friday.
11 - 63 push ups (21+21+21) + Peloton Arms Toning (10 minutes) + KCM RAW Box & Tone
12 - Pahla B Weight Loss for Women Over 50 Day 13 + Lee Holden Day 29 of Qi Gong Challenge

13 - 2 Peloton rides Ben 80s 6/8/20 + Denis Classic Rock 5/30/20--58 min, 14.7 miles, 358 cal. A little better than my Friday stats; I'll keep doing my hard cardio on Mondays and the Endurance of Fridays & see how that goes.
14 - Peloton Selena Arms & Shoulders Strength 3/6/20 + Lumowell 30 Minute Walk--I joined the 4-week "Pelothon" event. This involves choosing one of six teams, then doing different challenges every week. Depending on how many people complete the challenges, Peloton will donate money to a number of different food relief organizations. This week's challenge is to do a workout by every instructor on your team. Hence, my choosing this Selena Samuela strength routine today. It felt good to do something a little different.
15 - Rest
16 - Weights on my own + a Peloton ride
17 - Peloton Christine Classical 7/14/20 + Tunde Celebrity 7/16/20--68 min, 15.4 miles, 334 cal. Rode as an Endurance ride. These were new kinds of rides for Peloton. I enjoy classical music so that was a good one for me (esp. on my slower-paced Endurance day). The Celebrity ride uses a playlist put together by a famous person, this first one was Al Roker. We didn't see Al, but Tunde assured us he was on the ride and he put together a very enjoyable playlist. Fun.
18 - KCM RAW Your Moves #1--Several weeks ago, Kelly asked those of us in the Coffeyfit FB group to submit our favorite moves promising she would put them all together into a single workout. This workout is the result. It really was a lot of fun & a good solid cardio weight routine to boot. I don't know who loves squat thrusts, but they were in there (Kelly said burpees had been requested, but she didn't put them in.). One of my faves, skaters, was in there too.
19 - Pahla B Weight Loss for Women Over 50 Day 14 + YT Lee Holden Qi Gong Immunity Exercises

20 - Peloton Olivia 80s 7/20/20 LIVE + Emma Classic Rock 6/13/20--58, 14.6 miles, 354 calories. Week 2 of the Pelothon Challenge asks us to take 2 classes Live. I don't normally do that (I use their On Demand library) because the timing is never quite right for me. Olivia's class was at 12:15 p.m. which wasn't ideal (I was broiling in my sunroom where my bike is!), but I got through it.
21 - YT Angie Fitness 2 Mile Power Walk with Weight Circuits--this felt like old-school "aerobics" with light weights for upper & lower body thrown in. Perfect workout for me today. I appreciate that Angie includes a good warm up & a decent stretch.
22 - Rest
23 - Weights on my own + a Peloton ride: Ally Whitney Houston 7/1/20
24 - 2 Peloton rides: Robin Together We Ride 6/13/20 + Leanne 60s 6/8/20--64 minutes, 14.3 miles, 308 calories. Tired today so I did hold back a bit more than usual on this Endurance ride.
25 - KCM Cardio Sculpt Overload (dvd)--no Lower Body premix
26 - Pahla B Weight Loss for Women Over 50 Day 15 + YT Lee Holden Qi Gong Exercises for Health Care Workers--I'm not a health care worker, but this was a nice quick set of qi gong.

27 - 2 Peloton rides: Sam 80s Rock 6/3/20 + Olivia Classic Rock 6/4/20--58 minutes, 15.0 miles, 370 calories. Felt great today! This week's Pelothon Challenge is to do Peloton workouts 5 out of 7 days. They can be Meditation or Stretching workouts as well as the usual Cycling or Cardio.
28 - 2 Peloton Arm & Shoulder Toning workouts (10 minutes each) + KCM Strength & Stamina Bonus Step
29 - Rest--but I did 2 short walking workouts from Reps to the Rhythm on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWyynNS78Yo 1300 steps in 10 min, very enjoyable, just to get my blood moving on a very blah day.
30 - Weights on my Own + 32 minute Peloton ride Ben 80s Rock 3/17/20
31 - 2 Peloton rides: Sam 80s 7/20/20 + Leanne 70s 7/28/20--74 min, 16.6 miles, 356 cal. Endurance ride.

July Total 26/31

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 06:50 PM  
cdayley

July
7/1 rest (jetlag)
7/2 2 mile treadmill walk
7/3 rest (vet)
7/4 2 mile walk, 7 hours gardening
7/5 rest
7/6 3 mile treadmill walk, 5 hours gardening
7/7 Workouts 2&3 from Jessica Smith's 21 day Walk On set
7/8 rest
7/9 2 mile treadmill walk; 2 miles from Leslie S's Miracle Miles
7/10 2 mile treadmill walk; Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights
7/11: Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio Hilo
7/12: rest
7/13: 2.66 mile treadmill walk
7/14: rest/gardening
7/15: 2 mile dog walk
7/16: 2.5 mile dog walk, 5 hrs gardening
7/17: 3 mile dog walk, gardening
7/18: 3 mile dog walk, gardening
7/19: 3 mile dog walk
7/20: 3 mile walk
7/21: 3 mile walk
7/22: stomach bug
7/23: 3 miles from LS 5 Mega Miles
7/24: 2 mile treadmill walk, gardening
7/25: 2 mile dog walk, gardening
7/26: 2 mile dog walk
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 07:15 PM  
Cher

July!

1. Nothing - getting ready to go up to the cabin

2. Nothing - Up north

3. Nothing really although I did swim a little.

4. Nothing - Drove home from the cabin, unpacked, showered and had to be at DH’s family BBQ by 2 pm.

5. A 30 minute bike ride. Planned to go longer but it’s hot as heck here.

6. Body Groove Fit Workout #1 and Cathe’s Lower Body & Stability Ball Abs add-ons from Basic Step.

7. Cathe’s Basic Step and the Upper Body add-on.

8. No official workout. We were puppy sitting for my SIL’s puppy. Her BF was having a big surgery and she didn’t want to leave the puppy alone all day. I also had to drop my minivan off for repairs plus it was HOT here but I did go for about a 40 minute bike ride while DH stayed with the puppy.

9. My workout yesterday started out wanting to do cardio & weights. I started out doing the warm-up of Party Rockin Step #1. The puppy was upstairs howling so loud because I was in the basement even though DH was upstairs with her. I went upstairs talked to her for a few minutes and went back down. Did combo #1, then went back up to talk to her. Finally decided to just do the weights I wanted to get done. I put in the Lower Body Add-on from the Basic Step dvd and did the standing portion since I use all weights instead of a band, then grabbed my band and went upstairs in my room and did the floor work in there so the puppy could see me. She’s coming again tomorrow so I may try to have DH keep her busy and be real quiet so she doesn’t hear the door when I go down.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 07:27 PM  
T2B

julio...

Hola!

1. Yv2: RIO + Yv2: SS
2 - 3. rest day...
4. Yv2: MYB + Yv2: WISI. Noon: Cathe’s High Reps - w/u, Back & Triceps. Loosely following a Look Great in 8 rotation. This week is high reps. I couldn’t remember the rep range for GS so went with High Reps.

5 - 8. Nada.... Semi slump. I found out that a high school friend’s mother passed away on Saturday due to complications from COVID. It just made the reality of everything right now even more depressing. Ugh.
9. I received my Mary order today so jumped right in. WW: the ultimate dance party! Easy Grooves + Cardio Club + Total Body Blast. The clips reminded me of Yv2 but with slim folks (can I say that?). Anyway, clean set, happy colors, a great way to get some extra steps and also something to alternate with Yv2. The music isn’t bad either. Comes with 2 firming sticks that make a racket that I was tired of hearing after 2 minutes. 1# weights will work as well (optional). Easy Grooves is 20 minutes, Cardio Club is 35 minutes and Total Body Blast is 40 minutes. The cool down is the same on all the workouts and is only 2 minutes. I did Total Body Blast after I was done with work.
10. CRUNCH: Fat Burning Blast. Another purchase from Mary. An easy workout that can be used to get extra steps during the day. Once I memorize the steps I can listen to my own music and/or a podcast. The abs are done after the stretch but I skipped that so total workout was about 42 minutes.
11. rest day...

12. WW Ultimate Dance Party: Cardio Club + Kathy Smith Rejuvenation Stretch & Flex, 20 minutes. KS is another Mary purchase. Kathy uses a stretchy band, which I have in black. I’m so not flexible so this was perfect. Kathy is alone, a clean set and she does a great job. Looks like it originated in 2009, came in a cardboard box and was less than $2.00.
13. Yv2: RIO. P.M. WW Ultimate Dance Party: Total Body Blast. This is more fun, to me, than Cathe’s Cardio Party. Total minutes and step counts are about the same but I watch the clock a lot when doing Cardio Party. AsSweet - surprised you’ve never mentioned this Weight Watchers set, or did you? It’s really good. I think your daughter would enjoy doing this with you as well.
14. Day in the office. Plus sweating bullets while doing my taxes. Yeah, I know... Ugh!

15 - 21. Nothing. Lots of tv and work. Did anyone here watch Midsommar on Prime?

22. After 2 weeks + 2 days my Collage order finally made it to me. Went from NJ to St Louis to Memphis and back to St Louis. Maybe someone forgot to take it off the truck the first time it arrived at the St Louis Postal Distribution Center. Kathy Smith Timeless Collection: Cardio Fat Burner Workout #1. Option to do workout 1 or 2 or both. Kathy is exuberant in this. Lots of whoops. Decent step count, approx 2400 steps in 20 minutes. Like.
23. Yv2: Rock It Out!. P.M. Another Kathy Smith Latin Rhythm. Kathy, Kathy, Kathy... Gotta love her, especially when she gets excited. I could tell she was really enjoying herself. I liked this workout a lot. Lots of Salsa, Cha Cha’s and mamba’s with a live Latin band. Burned a lot of calories, step count, approx 4000 steps, 42 minute workout. This is going to be great with my own music.
24. Yv2: Sweat Sensation
25. KS: Latin Rhythm. Used my own music. Felt more like dancing. Awesome!
26. YT Keoni Walking Workouts 3, 4 & 5Love, great music. P.M. KS: Latin Rhythm

27. Yv2: MYB
28. YT: Keoni 15 Min Walk. P.M.YT: Keoni 30 Min Walk
29, Yv2: WISI
30. Yv2: RIO
31. YT: Keoni 15 min Workout

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 07:59 PM  
Dontmindthemess

July!!

Going back to work and working on getting back on a normal schedule. I still have my husband working out with me most mornings and I have a feeling that will be the new normal

1. Penny Barnshaw Cardio and Strength Training HiiT (50) + Pamela Reid 10 min Ab workout https://youtu.be/AnYl6Nk9GOA Penny’s workout is ABAB style with a strength move and cardio 50/10/30/15. Picked a random 10 min an add on and I have to say that was a very tough 10 minutes! I thought it would be pretty easy since each move was just 30 seconds each but there’s no rest.
2. Get Heather Fit Pilates Fusion #10 This was just like the asana workouts and just what my body needed today. Sweaty, bodyweight, lots of balance and with that element of stretch.
3. McLane Fitness Boot Camp 6-27-2020 This was tough! 12 different Compound exercises, #1 is one rep, #2 is two reps and so on. The last exercise is dropped every round, so the good news is each round is shorter. It was long 1:14 and it took me even longer. I went light the first round and had to go back to the 12s on the last three rounds for a few of the exercises. It seemed a lot easier the first three rounds but it really added up. I was soaking wet with this one. No crunches or dedicated core work but I’m feeling my whole core today. An eat your Wheaties workout.
4. Caroline Girvan 1 hour isometric & dynamic full body workout Perfect kind of workout to do after yesterday. Controlled exercise for 45 sec/45 second hold/30 second rest. Some burners in there for sure. Think the 30 sec rest is a bit too long? Wait until you get to the upper body section. No equipment, no weird moves that my husband could complain about and a lot of burn.
5. Healthy Fit with Ty 60 min Fun No Repeat Full Body Core Focused Workout https://youtu.be/veB_I5Z_i3c New to me you tube channel. This was a 45/15 music only no equipment workout. Not as tough as Penny but I did get sweaty and enjoyed the workout. There’s jumping but it was more on the intermediate side. There’s quite a few combination type moves which kind of make it easier so I didn’t feel like I needed any exercise to end. A few exercises have a kickboxing flair that I enjoyed and I noticed she has some kickboxing workouts. Fun, sweaty and not super tough. I’ll try more of her workouts.
6. Penny Barnshaw Full body no repeat workout with weights (50) 45/15 with some new moves.
7. Barlates Fusion flow Mat + Pamela Reif 30 min full body stretching Active rest day
8. Penny Barnshaw Upper body strength & HiiT (31) and Low Impact HiiT with weights (34) Upper body was 40/20 and the low impact was 30/15. Both were a little easier by Penny’s standards.
9. Rest Had to run some early morning errands before work.
10. Penny Barnshaw Killer Leg and Butt HiiT
11. Caroline Girvan 60 min 1 hr full body workout
12. Penny Barnshaw 60 min no repeat HiiT
13. Rhythmic Step No challenge
14. Penny Barnshaw No repeat 60 min 5/11 50/10, 45/15, 40/20, 50/10, 45/15, 40/20 The 45/15s were tough, especially the second set.
15. Rest
16. Rest
17. Penny Barnshaw 40 min Strength and Cardio intervals + my own warm up and stretch
18. Penny Barnshaw Killer Kettlebell and Dumbbell HiiT (48) + MadFit 15 Min stretch
19. Penny Barnshaw 50 min Full Body HiiT (71) This one has that long ab circuit at the end.
20. Rest Slept really poorly.
21. Barlates Metabolic Training Box Sculpt
22. Penny Barnshaw 60 min Full Body Strength (63) 6 circuits of 2 alternating exercises each done 30/10, 40/10, 50/10, 60/10. 39 seconds of rest between each circuit and 60 seconds between 3 and 4. There’s a an circuit at the end. No jumping in this but I was still dripping in sweat.
23. Rest My calves were killing me, probably from doing thT box sculpt workout barefoot. Too much bouncing without sneakers.
24. Penny Barnshaw 50 min workout with weights Three circuits, the first two weren’t too bad but the last one felt killer. Bit of bonus abs at the end.
25. Barlates HiiT combinations and mat Wanted something stretchier but challenging. My back has been tight since I went back to work.
26. Penny Barnshaw Total body HiiT workout with weights 40 min (48)
27. Penny Barnshaw low impact no equipment HiiT Easier by penny’s standards but still sweaty. Added in some jumps.
28. Barlates Endurance 90 total body and Target 15 ankle weights
29. Fit Body by Julia Upper Body and Core Silent workout This starts with core, 18 mins of 30/10 ABAB intervals before moving into Body part supersets of three exercises done mostly 15/12/10 They’re separated by tabata pairs that include core. I did A LOT of different pushups.
30. Rest Julia’s workout did make me sore, especially chest and tris.
31. Barlates Endurance 110 Cardio Sculpt + my own 8 min Tabata finisher One of my favorite Barlates. A bit of everything: standing, crouching, up and down, and a handstand, the 110 goes by quick because they’re almost all combination moves. Finished up with 2 tabata pairs. 8 rounds of burpees/skaters and 8 of squat jumps/plank jacks.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 08:16 PM  
MathTeacher

July 1 - Pilates by Lisa Legs + Leslie
July 2 - Pilates by Lisa Shoulders + Leslie
July 3 - Pilates by Lisa Legs + Leslie
July 4 - Pilates by Lisa Standing + Leslie

July 5 - Pilates by Lisa Stretch + Leslie
July 6 - Dental work. No workout.
July 7 - Pilates by Lisa Legs + Leslie
July 8 - Pilates by Lisa Total Body + Leslie
July 9 - Pilates by Lisa Upper Body + Leslie
July 10 - Pilates by Lisa Standing + Leslie
July 11 - Pilates by Lisa Arms + Leslie

July 12
July 13 - Pilates by Lisa Arms + Leslie
July 14 - Pilates by Lisa Core + Leslie
July 15 - Pilates by Lisa Arms and stretch + Leslie
July 16 - Pilates by Lisa Legs + Leslie
July 17
July 18 - Pilates by Lisa Arms + Leslie

July 19 - Pilates by Lisa Butt + Leslie
July 20 - Pilates by Lisa Legs + Leslie
July 21
July 22 - Pilates by Lisa Arms + Leslie
July 23 - Pilates by Lisa Abs + Leslie
July 24 - Pilates by Lisa Butt + Leslie
July 25 - Pilates by Lisa Legs + Leslie

July 26 - Pilates by Lisa Stretch
July 27 - Pilates by Lisa Bridge + Leslie
July 28 - Just not feeling it
July 29 - Pilates by Lisa Arms + Leslie
July 30 - Pilates by Lisa Total Body + Leslie
July 31- Pilates by Lisa Lower Body + Leslie
Old 06-26-20, 07:53 AM  
allgirlsinaz

Plan is to focus on more cardio.

1. SSoD Killing More Calories 30 min ride
2. Step Fit with Bronwyn 45 min beginner/intermediate step (YT)
3. Caroline Girvan 1hr Isometric & Dynamic Full Body (YT My legs were after the first 2 exercises)
4. Historic Workouts (YT) 45 min Spin Rough with HIIT
5. SSoD Tread Sculpt 45 min
6. nothing
7. Penny Barnshaw Low Impact with Weights (YT)
8. SSoD Flannel Ride 45 min
9. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness #35 45 min ride
10. Caroline Girvan Full Body No Jumping w/o (YT)
11. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness #44 20 min ride
12. nothing
13. Yvette Bachman Step Cardio with Weights (YT)
14. FitForceFX Hiit and Hills 45 mi ride (YT)
15. nothing
16. Heather Robertson No Repeat Mashup (YT)
17. Kat Gates-Buettner Basic Step #1 (YT)
18. Giana Storey Power Step (YT)
19. nothing
20. Penny Barnshaw Full Body Strength (YT)
21. SSoD Tabata (45 min ride)
22. nothing
23. nothing
24. AngieFitnessTV Low Impact Cardio Biceps Triceps Shoulders Quads (YT)
25. SSoD Start Strong, Finish Stronger 30 min ride
26. AngieFitnessTV 30min Power Walk (YT)
27. Let's Move Fitness class #1 47 min ride (YT)
28. house painting
29. house painting; SSoD 15 min Cycle used as a w/up; Caroline Girvan Glute & Outer Thigh with booty band (YT)
30. The Body Project Low Impact High Intensity Cardio (YT); TBP Triple Pump Cardio (YT)
31. Historic Workouts Rock Climb 45 min ride (YT)

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 09:17 AM  
lizh

July
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 02:37 PM  
amg

July

1 XTrain Super Cuts
2 Rockout Knockout
3 Lean Legs & Abs with Bonus Barre (no core)
4 Rest
5 Walking 1 hr
6 No official workout but lots of housecleaning
7 Rest
8 Kettlebell Body and Step Sync Intermediate Bonus routine
9 Nothing
10 Nothing
11 Swimming
12 Nothing - Hopefully, something tomorrow. Between shopping for new floors and sanding and painting moldings, I haven't felt like formal exercise. Thankfully, they start putting in the new floors on Wednesday so probably not much this week either but then life will be somewhat normal again.
13 Cathe X10 Low Impact
14 Cathe X10 Step
15 Rest
16 30 min walk
17 Essentrics Ultimate Stretch Muscle Activation
18 60 min walk
19 30 min walk
20 Swimming
21 Swimming
22 Swimming
Old 06-28-20, 05:08 PM  
clerkin11

Don't think I'll get many workouts done, but I'm in!

1) Cathe LITE Metabolic Express premix with Pyramid Pump Back & 6 Pack Abs #2
2) LMOD Body Combat #77 - I think it will be disappearing when a new workout is added, so I'm shamelessly doing #77 as often as I want lol.
3) rest
4) The Class - live with Brooke - this was a good one - Brooke was tough but I liked it So far, the instructors I've liked the best are Sam and Brooke
5) Karen Voight Total Body Pilates (using the pilates ring)
6) Cathe Live Arms & Abs on the Ball - loved this one - my shoulder has been wonky, so I went light on the weights on my left side.
7) Andrea Orbeck Supermodel Butt & Thighs - I haven't done this one in a while and that band work is killer!! It's going to be in the 90's all week so I plan to keep things less intense if possible. I brought my husband to the ER on Sunday night because he was lightheaded, nauseated, had chest pains, was acting confused - he thought it might be his heart but it was heat stroke. He will spend hours doing yard work outside and drink very little water!! Dangerous! But at least his heart is good!
8) Hip Boxx - this is a 30 minute boxing style dvd - it's supposed to be a mix of boxing and hiphop, but it's light on the hiphop. The music is really good though!
9) rest - it was just too hot outside!! Yes, I have central A/C lol, but I felt tired today so that was my excuse.
10) Cathe Live Boot Camp Heavy Weights - I really liked this one. There are 6 rounds of cardio, lower body, upper body and core. She uses heavier weights so you only do 12 reps of each exercise. I don't have weights as heavy as Cathe's so sometimes I did more reps, but I at least used weights that were heavier than I'd normally use. And it was only like 47 minutes long, so I appreciated that too.
11)
12)
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts