Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-14, 06:39 PM  
shoegoddess

Do any Barre3 DVDs concentrate just on lower body?

I'm getting more into Barre after not really liking it years ago when it was becoming popular. Funny how our fitness tastes change over the years. I've acquired quite a few Barre DVDs lately. I'm doing STS right now and I'm adding Barre for lower body about 3 times a week. Doing this the past 3 weeks and I can really tell my legs are feeling tight. In a good way! Anyway I'm using the Barre workouts primarily for lower body and was wanting to try a Barre 3 but want one that is pretty comprehensive lower body wise. Can someone tell me which DVD would be better. Also this is what I have as far as Barre goes:
P57 (all 6)
Ballet Physique (both)
Pop Physique (all 3)
Bar Method (2 original DVDs-don't really like them but keep them mainly because they are OOP)
Ballet Body (Signature Series Lower Body)
Xtend Lean & Chiseled
Cardio Vusion
and I'm waiting on Lotte Berk Muscle Eats Fat as a SASE.
I also have a Fluidity Bar and all the DVDs but I think I put them in a drawer and I haven't dug them out yet.

I did P57 Seat & Thigh the other day and all I can say is

Maybe the better question would be with all the DVDs I have do I need a Barre3?

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 07:54 PM  
SueT

Cindy, it sounds like you already have the best barre workouts for the lower body, but I don't have any of the Barre 3 workouts so I really can't say anything about them.

Have you been also doing the lower body workout once a week in the regular STS series as well as the barre workouts for lower body?

I've been using barre workouts since February 1st, and I know exactly what you mean about the lower body feeling tighter. It feels like barre workouts really produce hard, tight muscles, and my legs really do look a little smoother than when I was doing traditional leg workouts. To be honest, I'm really surprised!

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 08:07 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Have you seen the recent thread about Barre3 Live Your Bower Body set from Rodale/Prevention magazine?

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=200513
Old 02-18-14, 08:18 PM  
shoegoddess

Sue, Yes I'm doing the lower body disc from STS every week also. Before I would add an extra leg day but this time I wanted to try Barre and see what happens.

Glamgal, I'll check that out.

Thanks so much for the replies!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 02:47 AM  
JeepGirl

Shoegoddess--the only Barre3 workout I know of that primarily is a lower body focus would be the first workout on the Element Barre DVD. It's about 30 minutes of all standing exercises. The second workout incorporates core (I love Barre3 core work!) and also has some bridge work too. HTH!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 12:30 PM  
SueT

Cindy, have you ever considered any of the Exhale Core Fusion workouts? I was thinking especially of the Thighs and Glutes workout. It's divided into 5, 10-minute sessions that should be perfect for you as barre add-on workouts.

Just a suggestion.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 02:46 PM  
yahoo205

Leah Sarago Ballet Body has tons of intense lower body work.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 05:38 PM  
neatski

I think ALL Barre3 is lower body focused. They have "combo" work but you can easily ditch the weights and just do the lower body movements, and they will GET YOU! Barre3 has become my favorite barre workout. Carousel horse and incline chair are amazing. They have a different feel and flow from any other barre workout ive done.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 07:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
I think ALL Barre3 is lower body focused. They have "combo" work but you can easily ditch the weights and just do the lower body movements, and they will GET YOU! Barre3 has become my favorite barre workout. Carousel horse and incline chair are amazing. They have a different feel and flow from any other barre workout ive done.
I'm glad to see you say this - it's what I thought (that all Barre3 workouts are lower body focused), but was afraid to say. Sure there's some arm work and planks, etc., but the focus is lower body, especially if you consider core as "lower body", which I do. I Barre3 and so do my joints.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 08:23 PM  
holliholli915

If you're up for it, you may consider their monthly streaming subscription. They have a filter that allows you to focus on body part emphasis, duration, etc. They're really good about regularly posting new content. So, there's lots to choose from. You could turn on a filter for just lower body and do as many segments as you want as either add-ons or stand alone work outs. Their subscription really allows you to mix it up.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote