Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-07-20, 06:29 PM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 7/4 - 4322 steps/1.83 miles
Sunday, 7/5 - 3488 steps/1.48 miles
Monday, 7/6 - 2283 steps/0.97 miles

DH cooked a turkey in the oil-less turkey fryer for the 4th. He got it done just in time before the thunderstorms started. Then once the storms passed through several of our neighbors started shooting fireworks and that went on for several hours. Needless to say, Belle was not happy. She hates bad weather and fireworks so she had a "happy cheese" - Benadryl stuffed into a mozzarella ball - to help her calm down. We tried to watch Casablanca, but the DVD had a glitch and would not play the second half of the movie. DH has seen it several times, but DD and I had never seen it.

Sunday we watched church online and when there was a break in the weather, DD went ahead and went back to the condo. She had to go back to work Monday morning.

Yesterday was more bad weather so DH & I spent the day watching a marathon of Season 2 of Below Deck on Bravo.

Today DH and I went to the vet's and picked up heartworm/flea & tick medication for the dogs and then we went to Walmart to get a couple of things he needed for his boat. It rained again this afternoon.

Leslie - I was going to go up Sunday when DD went back, but DH's work schedule got changed again. He was supposed to go back to work Monday on days for a project he's been working on for a couple of years (it was put on hold due to the coronavirus when they went to essential workers only, which included him, he went back on shift with his crew), but that has been delayed again for now and he's staying on the shift schedule for at least another week. DH took a couple of vacation days (he was supposed to work yesterday and today) so he's off until Friday when he goes back on night shift so I'll go up to the condo with the dogs that morning. I am so ready for a change of scenery.

Chrys - DD & I are planning to watch Hamilton while I'm staying with her. I'm glad Jethro is feeling better.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 09:11 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm going to walk on the treadmill in just a bit. I went and helped our son plant iris at his new house today, because I dug a bunch of it out this year. Then I came home and worked in our garden. I'm winning the battle with the grass, but it's tough work for my shoulders and back.
Sissy, poor Belle. Our granddogs both hate fireworks, and thunder.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 09:56 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a treadmill walk and 2 of Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles this morning. Spent the afternoon outside digging grass, again. DH is working from 10 to 8 now, which is a real change from his many years of 9 to 5.

Chrys Dayley
Old 07-11-20, 10:55 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio this morning, and spent the day working in the garden.

Chrys Dayley
Old 07-13-20, 11:17 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 7/7 - 6295 steps/2.66 miles
Wednesday, 7/8 - 4693 steps/1.99 miles
Thursday, 7/9 - 7802 steps/3.3 miles
Friday, 7/10 - 2523 steps/1.07 miles
Saturday, 7/11 - 3639 steps/1.54 miles
Sunday, 7/12 - 4344 steps/1.84 miles

Between the weather - it's either extremely hot and humid or raining - and coming up to the condo - it's small - my steps suck right now.

I drove up to the condo with the dogs on Friday. We put our required masks on and did some shopping at a few of the local businesses the past few days. We've been watching Psych on Amazon Prime. Yesterday after I watched an online church service, we watched The Princess and the Frog and then went to Kroger and got some groceries. Last night after supper (DD grilled steaks, corn on the cob and portobello mushrooms), we went and put our feet in the pool for a little while.

I can tell DD is people deprived because we spent hours talking Friday and Saturday nights.

She went back to work this morning and I called the realty company that manages the condos. When DD came back after being home for the 4th of July weekend, she discovered that a tree had come down on part of our back patio fence. It looks like it was either struck by lightning or there were strong winds that split it. She called to let them know last week, but it's still there. It has pushed our gate open and looks like it may have damaged the gate/fence next door. I was told that they were aware and that someone had been out to look at it and there were plans to remove it. If it's not gone in a couple of days I'll call them again.
Old 07-13-20, 08:17 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. All the sleepless nights caught up, and I crashed super early last night. This morning, I went in for trigger point injections. I've done 2.66 miles on the treadmill, and I'm hoping to get to 4 miles by the end of the day.

Sissy, sorry about the downed tree

Chrys Dayley
Old 07-14-20, 02:02 PM  
dbclark44

Mon 7/13 - TM 65 min/3.02 miles; Cathe XTrain Chest Back Shoulders; 11,117 steps/4.56 miles
Today 7/14 - GYF Knee Sessions 1&2; TM 35 min/1.62 miles; Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Super Spine (you tube) practice

Hi ladies. I am still around. Went up north to visit with family for a whole week! The change of scenery was nice and I didn't cook or clean at all.

I went from the 4th till the 11th. DH didn't go so it was a nice vacay from him as well. Hopefully he enjoyed my absence also.

I have been very active this month. I am just too lazy to post my stats . Walked a couple mornings and streamed workouts a couple other days while at DS house. They have a gorgeous spacious 2-story home with a finished basement. The basement has a very nice exercise area that I worked out in while there. I am really enjoying Body Fit with Amy. She's very engaging and provides modifications for just about all her moves. I wanted to do some deep stretching so did the above with Eliot today. My back is tender right now. Not in a bad way, just a stretched out feeling. I am also still working out to the GYF dvds I have. His workouts are like therapy for my knees It's also provides a lower body workout which I tend to neglect. I feel the moves all in my thighs and hips. I am so over the whole lunge squat moves. No matter how shallow, I still feel them in my knees too much. So I really need to avoid them. But GYF is working my lower body now.

Leslie, when I had my toes done couple weeks ago, masks and handwashing were required and the masks had to stay on the whole time. I don't mind, if it helps and they say it does. I prefer to stay home anyway especially in hot temps. The masks isn't fun.

Gotta go watch Lets Make a Deal ladies. Have a great rest of the day.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 10:16 AM  
Sissy B

Monday, 7/13 - 3123 steps/1.32 miles
Tuesday, 7/14 - 4744 steps/2.01 miles

DD and I got in the pool Monday afternoon and yesterday we watched Hamilton.

They removed the fallen tree yesterday but left some broken branches on a 2nd tree that should have been removed also. Our gate/fence and the one next to us is damaged. We cannot even close our gate and even if we could the latch is broken off. It’s a safety issue since it allows easy access to our patio. I've contacted the realty company that manages the Condo/HOA and sent them pictures of the damage since fixing it is their responsibility. The response to my email - "We are aware of the damage. Thanks for the pictures though." No mention of when repairs might be done.

I was so excited a couple of weeks ago when I was finally able to find some Method Bathroom cleaner at Whole Foods. They had changed the scent and packaging but I didn't think anything about it. It's awful. DD and I have both had horrible reactions when trying to use it - immediate coughing, sneezing, and runny nose. I initially switched to Method products (years ago) because other cleaning products irritate my allergies.

Deb - Masks are required now in all the places I go here and at home. I won’t lie, I’m not thrilled about wearing a mask, especially since it is so hot here. But, if it allows me to get out of my house or the condo to buy groceries and support some of the local small businesses then I’ll wear it. I don’t want everything to shut down again. And I do need to get out of my house every once in a while. They're definitely not fun though.
Old 07-15-20, 09:17 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We walked the dog this morning, then I went over and helped DS plant more of the flowers I've dug up in our yard into his flower bed. This afternoon, I finally had my shots doctor look at my knee cyst. He drained it and did a cortisone shot. Hopefully that knee will stop acting up for 3 months to a year now. I wasn't able to garden after that, but he said I could garden tomorrow.
Deb, sounds like you had a great family visit!
Sissy, I hope they get your fence fixed quickly.
We are required to wear a mask or a face shield this year at work.

Chrys Dayley
Old 07-16-20, 07:46 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I've kept up my walking at the nature trail and have done a few Cathe Live Fit Tower downloads. Today I purchased 2 boxes of veggies at the produce stand and have been vegan cooking all afternoon. I'm exhausted...been getting between 3-5 hours sleep a night per my Fitbit. This too shall pass.

I don't mind wearing masks. I am fighting boredom because it is just Jack and me here. I've seen 2 other people in person to hold conversations with this week. :/

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers