Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-20, 12:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I also had an impulse thrift purchase of Amy Bento 10 MS band workouts and her Hot Body Bootcamp. I had never done any of them. While I don't like the cardio in her Bootcamp, I have used all the other segments. She uses a dumbbell in her a work but it really works much better with a medicine ball. Amy's band workouts with cobbled with my pilates band work has been a great rotation! I followed my upper/lower/total body split and I have my 50 minutes done before I know it!

I think they are the kind of workouts that are good to have because you never know when you'll need them.
Amy Bento - she is someone whose workouts i really wanted to like. i love her personality - in fact, Amazon used to have a free workout that would pop up when you looked at the clips for the 10MS workouts - she did a free office chair workout which she demonstrated - it was good!

I currently own her 10MS Sculpt Tone & Reshape - with the figure 8 band, and the Tone Trouble Zones - are these the ones you're using? the other two - 5 Day Get Fit Mix and Hot Body Bootcamp - these were the ones i never reacquired. now that you suggested using a med ball for 10MS HBBC, i might consider re-acquiring it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Linda - would you mind sharing your rotation? It sounds good!

Donna
Sure! It was pretty easy to set up once I decided I was keeping my upper/lower/total body split. My goal was 50 minutes and that I wanted to use as much band work and as little dumbbells as possible.
The sequence had to do with using the same equipment DVDs together and then the last DVD adding the stretch segment.

Here were the 10 MS DVDs I used:
Pilates perfect body (PPB), Slim & Sculpt Pilates (SSP), Tone Trouble Zones (TTZ), Sculpt, Tone & Reshape (STR), Hot Body Bootcamp, HHB

Upper: PPB, STR, SSP, TTZ
Lower: PPB, HBB, STR, TTZ, SSP
Ab day: SSP, TTZ, STR, HBB
Total: STR, TTZ, SSP, PPB

In between those days I put an outdoor hike, a BOSU workout, The Method Dynamic Cardio. Two days I added mobility, and Classical stretch in the evening but I also gave myself a full rest day too.

I would like to say that I think HBB abs section works better with a medicine ball and the stretch segment works better with a strap and not a towel.

Hope that gives you some ideas

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
The Method Dynamic Cardio. Two days I added mobility, and Classical stretch in the evening but I also gave myself a full rest day too.

I would like to say that I think HBB abs section works better with a medicine ball and the stretch segment works better with a strap and not a towel.

Hope that gives you some ideas
i thought i was the only person on this forum that liked The Method Dynamic Cardio!

i recently just got back into CS myself with Miranda. i have always like Sahra and have several of her workouts.

thanks for the tips on HBB - med ball and strap.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:57 PM  
bubbles76

I just scored a 10MS with Jessica Smith through Special K. It was the Challenge one, not the Fashion Fit with pre-released footage. Hope it's a good one. I like Jessica, and I like 10MS workouts
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Bubbles, Good for you! I don't have that one so please share your thoughts.

Alisoncooks, I finally saw what you meant about Pilates perfect body. I did play with it a little and experimented. I'll share what I did.

For planks, I dropped knees and centered my bodyweight away from my wrists and just focused on engaging my Tris to convince them into acting if the whole bodyweight was needing to be lifted.
For the bridge, I dropped my rear to the floor and again made the bulk of my bodyweight away from my wrists but really engaged all the muscles I could and both ways still worked my arms without taking my wrists.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Bubbles, Good for you! I don't have that one so please share your thoughts.

Alisoncooks, I finally saw what you meant about Pilates perfect body. I did play with it a little and experimented. I'll share what I did.

For planks, I dropped knees and centered my bodyweight away from my wrists and just focused on engaging my Tris to convince them into acting if the whole bodyweight was needing to be lifted.
For the bridge, I dropped my rear to the floor and again made the bulk of my bodyweight away from my wrists but really engaged all the muscles I could and both ways still worked my arms without taking my wrists.
Great modifications! Thanks for sharing.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 06:09 PM  
Fitstick

I used to have a lot of the 10 minute solutions and got rid of them. I just don’t like the 10 minute format.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 09:19 AM  
donnamp

Linda - thanks for your rotation template!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 10:04 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I got the Jessica Smith "10 MINUTE SOLUTION BELLY BUTT & THIGH BLASTERS W/SCULPTING LOOP" a few months back and need to pull it out and try it. Here is the full video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyDHLniMqI&t=2679s

I like that it uses the loop which is really good for toning the legs.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, 10ms, 10ms rotation, cindy whitmarsh, non-region 1 dvds, videohelp.com