Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-09-20, 10:17 PM  
Leonana

Well, good news, dd finally got through to the testing site and it was negative! We thought it was, but nice to have it confirmed. Her co-worker did get the virus from her roommate. She was in the hospital for a couple of hours, but is okay now. I was surprised since she's young, but dd said she was immune compromised plus she's a smoker. A double whammy, I guess.

Today was nothing. I was going to do a strength workout, but I texted my friend that the test was negative, and ten minutes later my doorbell rang, lol. She was in the area and rushed right over, so we could go to Goodwill. We missed it on Tuesday. So, I never got my workout in, although we walked around a couple of Goodwills.

Donna, I have to admit I've been really tired this week. I think subconsciously the situation with dd stressed me out, even though I didn't realize it. I'm glad you have more forgiving bosses. Sending good wishes your way for learning the ropes quickly. On the skincare front, I tried Good Molecules Niacinimide serum. It's more moisturizing than The Ordinary Niacinimide, so I thought it would work better. Well, it's breaking me out. I guess my skin is still on the oily side. I decided to stop using Curology and go back to the tretinoin from India. It is cheaper, and I didn't see any difference with Curology.
Old 07-10-20, 05:29 AM  
donnamp

Sherry - that is great news about your DD being negative!

On the skincare front - I'm having some good results w/ the "acne regimen" recommended by Cerave - I have been using the acne cleanser, the retinol, the PM lotion and the AM lotion. And my skin is clearing up. The acne cleanser can be a little drying, so I'm also sometimes using the hydrating cleanser from Cerave if my skin feels dry. Overall, though, this is really clearing up my skin. I think the AM lotion is ok for me in this routine b/c the cleanser is a little drying for me. It is a nice and simple routine. I'm contemplating Vitamin C, but not sure if it is worth it or not.

Be back w/ a workout report!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 07:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Day 16 of the 31 Day Program - it was a straight up strength training workout

Jessica Valent - Lift those Buns Pilates & 5 Min Shoulders. The shoulder workout was very hand/wrist intensive, being all floor work, so not a great one if you have hand/wrist issues. Jessica does mention this in the beginning. The buns workout was some standing work and then some floor work - lots of bridges. I notice Jessica does lots and lots of bridge work - I guess not surprising since she is a PT and PTs tend to like that work for glutes and hips.

Yesterday I did Pahla's new 25 min indoor walk for some extra steps and Jessica's Pilates for PMS/Cramps - which was just basically a relaxing Pilates type stretching routine.

Glad it is Friday!

Hope eveyone has a good day.

Donna
Old 07-10-20, 04:42 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Been very busy the past few days. My nephew finally graduated from HS. They had the outdoor ceremony, but we had to watch a livestream since no one was allowed in the stadium. Today he found out a girl he knows and was around at the ceremony has tested positive for COVID so he went to get tested. They were all wearing masks so I would think the risk is low, but who knows. I guess it takes a week to get the results. We live in stressful times!

Before I knew about this, I did a random weight workout this morning. I'm going to wait a couple of days and then get back to a rotation. This whole COVID thing kind of threw me off and I need to get my bearings.

Donna, my niece said she's ok with staying home for school if that is what happens in the fall, and has accepted she's not going to have a normal HS experience. I agree with your DD about college. If it's going to be so weird, then might as well earn some money and take some time to figure out what she wants to do. My older nephew said some of his friends have decided not to go back since they don't want to pay full tuition to be taking online classes. One is going to work next year and see if things improve and the other is joining the military.

Sherry, Thank goodness your DD tested negative. What a relief! I hope we have the same result here.
Old 07-10-20, 06:06 PM  
Leonana

Today was you tube, Total Body Strength Back Friendly workout. I wasn't up for the ones on the SOS schedule. I think I'm on the last week, week five. But I've missed a few this week. I used my new 6 pound dumbbells.

I bought 6 pound dumbbells from Target a couple of days ago. With my red card discount, they were $9 each. They were the last in the store, other than 1 and 3 pounds. I checked on Amazon, and it's slim pickings there too. I forgot about the shortage, so was glad I decided to buy them when I did. I was thinking of 7's, since Jessica uses them in some workouts, but the 6's seem to be the right ones. More challenging but not too hard. I was so happy to get new workout equipment! I also ordered some bands from Amazon, mine finally ripped about six inches off one of the ends.

Donna, I'm glad your new regimen is working. I noticed I was breaking out in red bumps around my chin, and thought it was the Good Molecules serum. However, there is nothing allergenic for me in the ingredient list. I think it might be heat rash from the mask. It was 111 today, so not surprising!

wishiwasinhawaii, thanks. I hope your nephew is negative too. It is worrying and draining, I completely understand. It sounds like he most likely doesn't have it, so that's positive.
Old 07-11-20, 09:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

"Leslie" - Walk-Run-Lift 40 min workout - I decided to try this one out before my free trial ends. It was set up differently than the other two in that the first half was the walk-run part and the second half was the "lift" part. The second half felt a bit disorganized at at one point, I think the vocal audio dropped off - not clear if that was intentional or not as it looked like Rocky was speaking but we couldn't hear her. The outfits in this one were far better than the 20 minute workout and the music was better, too, although not great. So I'm glad I tried these but if there is an option to buy them on DVD in the future I will probably not do that - they are "ok" but I have better options for circuits.

Trifecta Pilates - Foundational Flow - this was a beginner/refresher class, it was ok. A bit boring to be honest. I think Beth does her best when she is working w/ various "toys" in Pilates. I enjoyed the one where she used the BOSU. I may try another one of her longer workouts tomorrow - there is one she has where she uses weights and a foam roller.

Yesterday, for "steps" I did Pahla B's Day 10 of her 31 day program. It was 30 seconds walk, 20 seconds faster walk, 10 seconds jog. I actually did the jogging part - this one may be a good one to do on the TM or outdoors.

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope your nephew's test comes back negative. How worrisome. I agree, times are so stressful. Between virus and the election/politics....

Sherry - congrats on your new equipment. I have 2's, 3's, 5's, 8's, and 10's. I rarely even touch my 8's these days. Back in the day I had 12's, 15's and 20's. I don't touch them at all. It would be nice to have 4-6-7-9 though for ease of working up in weight. I don't know that I will ever go over 8's, though. I prefer the lighter weights/endurance workouts.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 07-12-20, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Pahla B - 25 Min Weight Loss Cardio & Weights - I did this one at least once before b/c I remembered her comment about stubbing her toe once on a weight. This one was cardio to start, then weights, then cardio to finish.

Ellen - Quick Tone

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day # 1

I keep thinking about going back to some sort of yoga practice so decided to try Kassandra again. These are quick and may help to get me to be more consistent.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 07-12-20, 05:32 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was 21 Day Walk and Stretch. About 20 minutes of walking and 10 minutes of stretching (I think). Then I did a 14 Minute LI HIIT Cardio from Jessica's you tube.

I'm pretty sure the rash on my chin is from heat rash and masks. I'm relieved it's not my Good Molecules serum! I bought my masks from Thompson Tees, and they just sent an email on how to deal with "maskne." I thought that was kind of cute. But apparently I'm not the only one struggling with this!

Donna, I rarely go over 8 too. I don't usually go over 5 for over head moves, but the 6 was fine for it. I didn't strain anything. I usually use 8 for leg moves, sometimes a 10. I mostly use a 10 as a single dumbbell, like for tricep moves overhead. That's the one overhead move I can use a heavier weight.
Old 07-13-20, 07:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This week is starting out as an "Ellen" week - I like the workouts she posted for her weekly schedule this week....but, of course, we shall see where we end up later in the week!

Today was:

Ellen - Core Cardio - some gentle movement, nothing crazy.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 day morning yoga challenge Day 2

Pilates & Yoga w/ Katja - this is a 'new to me' you tube channel, I did one or two of her practices in the past. She is very calm and seems to cue well. I picked her 7 Day Playlist to start with and did Day # 1 - a good foundational practice. It was 25 minutes.

I will probably walk later to get some steps....

Yesterday DD and I took a walk and I did Ellen's sunset stretch in the evening before bed.

Sherry - I bet you could break out from mask wearing, it is hot under those masks. I haven't had to wear one for any significant amount of time since I still tend to avoid going many places, but this week I'm going in to the office to pick up a new lap top and meet w/ one of my new bosses and the IT guy to set up my laptop. I expect I'll be there for about 2 hours...so we shall see how I feel about masks then.

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope your nephew is feeling ok - and that you get good news soon.

I wonder what is going to happen w/ schools in the fall?

Donna
Old 07-13-20, 09:07 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've decided to continue with 22 Minute Hard Corps, just for a change of pace, and will return to Jessica after that. This is an 8 week program and I just finished week 2. Today was a cardio workout and tomorrow is a rest day so I'll probably do a Jessica walk. It's too hot to walk outside.

Donna, My nephew still feels fine. Apparently, his exposure to the infected girl was very brief so we're hoping for the best. It doesn't sound like he'll get the results sooner than a week, or maybe longer. Who knows. He is in quarantine now and is staying away from the rest of the family. This happened because the girl's boyfriend went to a party in S. Carolina, where a number of kids were infected and he brought it back with him and infected her. Sigh...

I always wear a mask when I'm around others, indoors or out, and the longest I've worn one is 8 hours. It's really tough to breathe in them after awhile so I don't know how people in the medical field or those who work in stores do it. I have had some "maskne" as well. lol. But very minor.

No idea what will happen with schools, but I'm hearing some smaller colleges around here have decided to open. No idea how that will work.

The CEO of my company is making an announcement tomorrow so we'll see...

Sherry, My masks are also from Thompson Tees. I find the cloth masks to be hot though, so I've been wearing disposable ones lately.

Tags
jessica smith get strong