Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-09, 10:33 PM  
CarlaVeg

Smile Question about Essentrics (CS)

Hello

These 2 dvds look really good... I think they are presented by Miranda's daughter. I couldn't find many reviews here.... are the workouts any good???? Also what kind of results have you had by doing Classical Stretch??

http://www.classicalstretch.com/new_essentrics.html

Thanks,

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 07:37 AM  
CarlaVeg

I guess no one liked these?

Carla
Old 05-06-09, 07:56 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

These two DVDs are my favorite Classical Stretch workouts In fact, Flexibility Workout for Athlete is one of the best flexibility workout I have ever done - what a wonderful combination of dynamic and static stretching! The DVD is well chaptered so it's easy to tag a segment as an add-on after another workout or to design a stretch workout focusing on specific muscles. I use the "floorwork" segment and "splits" bonus regularly and I have seen tremendous improvement in my lower body flexibility (I can now do a split to the front and side).

The other DVD (Arms, Abs & Waist / Legs, Butt & Thigh) is also good; it is very similar to other CS workouts but I prefer the production value of this one - more modern and less chatty.

I hope Sarah will make more DVDs!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 09:43 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I really enjoy the Essentrics Flexibility for Athletes too. I haven't done the whole workout in a row, only portions at a time. That's why I hesitate to do a review. I just know that I like the 'vibe' of the workout and even though I'm only doing a section at a time, the workout makes me feel great aftewards. I highly recommend this one.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 10:34 AM  
Keepfitgirl

I like the Flexibility for Athletes very much too.

Hey Fuzzie - I've been wondering if anyone had been doing the splits section regularly. Were you quite close to doing the splits before you got this DVD?

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 11:26 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Hey Fuzzie - I've been wondering if anyone had been doing the splits section regularly. Were you quite close to doing the splits before you got this DVD?

Emma
I used to be able to do the splits but I lost that flexibility when I moved away from dance-based training towards more traditional weight training (even though I continued to stretch, those stretches are not the same IMO). Now I do a thorough flexibility workout 3 or 4 times a week - either CS Athlete Stretch or in a dance class - and it took me about 6 months to work up to a full split. Admittedly, I still need to work on my turnout in these positions but it's getting there...
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 12:20 PM  
CarlaVeg

Thank you all for your replies.... I think I may get these.... are there clips anywhere?

Carla
Old 05-06-09, 12:29 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I've only seen clips at essentrics.com in the Media link - http://www.essentrics.com/media.html
Old 05-06-09, 01:29 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I've only seen clips at essentrics.com in the Media link - http://www.essentrics.com/media.html
are those clips of the actual dvds? it looks great!

Carla
Old 05-06-09, 02:29 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Yes, those are actual clips. I love the look of the set.

Just wanted to mention that I've read that some people don't like the fact that the people in the workout don't move at the same pace as each other or in quite the same way. It doesn't bother me though. I just try to focus on Sahra and look at the other people as reminders on how to modify some moves.

Tags
essentrics, splits