Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-19-20, 07:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, that was a good summation of the workshop! I've got several other upcoming yoga workshops that I think will be better. Have your work commitments eased up?

I think I mentioned before that the library at the college where I work was closed for this semester--just before the semester started, they found minute asbestos particles, and although it was deemed "safe," they still needed to do a full abatement. Well, last week we heard that they decided to proceed with renovations that had been planned for a few years from now--so now the library is closed through 2024! That means that the first year students will never set foot in the library again during their college careers.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 12:41 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Lower Body Firming Workout #1
Ballet Beautiful Streaming: Bridal Core Workout

That Bridal Core workout was difficult!

Anny, I'm sorry about the vertigo. There were times I had vertigo so bad that I couldn't walk and had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the bathroom! None of those Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo Epley maneuvers ever worked to help my vertigo.
I love harbor views too. You are so lucky to have beautiful harbor views from your balcony and sitting room.

Carolyn, yes it is the long winter darkness that bothers me most.

Beth, oh my gosh, that's a long time for the college library to be closed! How unfortunate for freshmen.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 02:59 PM  
Anny

Paine I also found that the exercises did not help and I ended up vomiting because of the nausea associated with vertigo. I hope you don’t get bouts very often!

Beth they must be doing extensive work at that library, for it to be closed so long.

Carolyn semester one for 2020 starts next week here and I have classes for my university job on Tuesdays. Good luck with the marking!

I’m still taking it a little easy and am off to do a Leslie walk from her YouTube channel.
Old 02-20-20, 03:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny and Paine, I think it was a planned extensive reno that made sense to move up given what they would have had to do anyway for the abatement. Still, it is tough on the students, some of whom are quite angry about it.

Will you all permit me to brag a little?
I have my annual physical early next month, so I went yesterday morning for my yearly blood draw. My results came back through the online portal today, and my cholesterol numbers are great! I was actually a little concerned last year--all the numbers were good, but they had been on a slight upward trend for the past few years. Now that trend is reversed, so I am happy!

ETA: DH is just laughing at me, but I knew you all would understand. DH did his a few weeks ago, and he was glad that his results were also very good...but not as good as mine, haha.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 05:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, that's great news! I'm happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
I also found that the exercises did not help and I ended up vomiting because of the nausea associated with vertigo. I hope you don’t get bouts very often!
Anny, so sorry. I've had that happen too. I've even had the runs at the same time while vomiting (sorry for gross description). I was miserable. Fortunately, I haven't had a bad bout with vertigo in quite awhile.
Old 02-20-20, 07:55 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I walked about 2 miles outdoors yesterday but otherwise didn't do a formal workout.

Today's Workout: I walked 2+ miles outside this morning. This afternoon I did Margaret Richard Unplugged 1923, followed by Classical Stretch 909. Had lots of plies in both workouts!

I'll have to check with my niece re trying one of her classes. Right now several of them are super-early in the morning (for before-work exercisers) -- and I don't think I want to do any of those LOL!

Beth: That's crazy that your college library has to be closed for years! Congrats on your lab numbers. My own annual physical is in a couple weeks, and after several years of "creepage" I'll be happy if results just hold steady. Re touch by yoga instructors, it has been a very long time since I took a formal yoga class but I do recall my instructor asking for permission before touching me. I think I'm okay with touch if the instructor asks, as sometimes being physically adjusted into the correct form is easier than having to process the instructor's verbal guidance.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:21 AM  
Anny

Beth that’s awesome news re your cholesterol!

Paine I am glad to hear that vertigo is not a regular thing for you at all.

Sandra you must be having nice weather for your walks. They sound lovely.
Old 02-21-20, 12:05 PM  
YogaGal

I started doing a total body strength workout Thursday morning, but during the warm-up I realized my shoulders and upper back were sore from Wednesday’s boxing workout and I switched to KCM’s Lower Body Tabata from Build & Burn. I then did Raviana’s Solar Power Part 2 (I did Part 1 on Tuesday).

Beth: I can’t imagine having a college library closed for so long! And yes, I was a library nerd since my college days in my late teens/20s, but I feel sad that students there will miss out on at least occasional visits to the library for a quiet place to study or read or relax. And it will be an interesting experience for library staff, but I’m sure they will make the necessary adjustments. My work load is intense for the next week and a half, but the eases up just prior to our Spring Break. Big Congrats on your excellent blood work numbers!

Sandra: I added some TJ’s Umami Seasoning to a pot of navy beans I made in the Instant Pot last Sunday and it was delicious! Hopefully some yoga classes will be offered later in the day so you can try one out.

Paine: Way back in the late 80s both DH and I came down with food poising from a bad batch of huevos rancheros we had after running 5K in Albuquerque. We spent days with symptoms like you mentioned and we were weak from not being able to eat or keep much food down. I had to get a friend stop by the house with a delivery of toilet paper and some nausea medicine.

Anny: Glad you are taking it easy and listening to your body. Hope you get your strength back soon so you are prepared for the new semester.
Old 02-21-20, 12:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beauty to the Bone Program A (all upper body work)
Beauty to the Bone Program B (Deltoids, Back, Calves, Hamstrings)

I had a nice workout with Margaret this morning.

Carolyn, I really want to try Trader Joe's Umami Seasoning! I'll buy some after we move to CA.
Oh, how awful about you and your DH having food poisoning. That had to be miserable.

Anny, I did have a very mild case of vertigo for about a year but thankfully, that went away.
Old 02-21-20, 11:16 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard Unplugged 1924, followed by Classical Stretch 910. No long walk today and I missed it, but I did enjoy an excellent afternoon nap.

Anny: Right now outdoor walking is the only form of cardio that appeals to me. It is good for my head as well as my body! Right now is the perfect time to enjoy it while we have a break from the winter rains, and before the heat of the long summer months.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote