Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-20-20, 09:59 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone. Here are my workouts for the week.

Thursday (2/13) - The Firm Fat Blaster + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1017
Friday (2/14) - Barlates Tone It Series: Tone It 30 + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1020
Saturday (2/15) - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 2 + Shaun T's Cize: Go For It
Sunday (2/16) - The Firm Maximum Body Sculpting
Monday (2/17) - CIA 2404 Step Till You Drop 2 - Intervelocity Step with Melissa
Tuesday (2/18) - Barlates Bounce Series: Bounce Cardio Sculpt Lower + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1019
Wednesday (2/19) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: Learn & Burn + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1021
Thursday (2/20) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: 20 Minute Workout + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1028

Nora, that is a nice variety of workouts. I see you are adding more weight workouts into your rotation. I like kickboxing workouts if they are not done at a frenzied pace. I tried to take some classes at a local gym but they were done at such a such fast pace you could not focus on proper form. They were an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. The Turbo Jam workouts are kickboxing with some dancy type moves.

SB, great workouts! It looks like many days you are working out twice a day. I wondered how you did all of those double shifts also!

Sherri, I'm glad to hear you like 4DS. I think it will definitely be on my wish list.

Penguin, good job with your workouts. I am a little tired of all of the HIIT and drills workouts also, especially if they are longer than 30 minutes. If they are shorter I can at least combine them with something else and make my workout more interesting. I hope your hubby's job search is going better.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 10:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did MR's My Body of Work Vol 1A and half of Vol 1B. Then in the afternoon I did a 44 minute outdoor walk. I also did a burst and some kettlebell swings. It's cold this morning in the 20s and I'm getting my hair colored in a couple of hours, so no walk for me today. I'll try for a dvd workout and some kettlebell swings.

PENGUIN, the Gymra workout sounds good.

NORA, nice workout week for you. I have that Jari dvd but never tried it yet.
It seems to be well chaptered? The Body Sculpt dvd didn't have a warm up for each chapter. I did the first warm up and then it just played each segment in order without warm up. Now that you mention it, I do remember some of their dvds having a warm up for each chapter but this didn't, which is a good thing.

TAMMIE, nice varied workout week for you as always. Yes I do workout twice a day a few times a week. It's too cold to walk in the morning usually so I'll do a dvd some days and then I walk in the afternoon when it "warms" up a little.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 01:01 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did the tris and bis from J&R. Then, I did Christi's Totally Hot Step

Tammie - yes, I'm trying to do more weight workout. When I did P90X years ago, I was doing bicep sets (for example) with 20 pounders. Definitely not doing that now! I want to rebuild a bit. I do have that turbo jam one. I should dig it out. Looks like a great workout week from you!

SB- J& Ripped is very well chaptered. She does a warm-up for each section, but you can easily skip it.
Old 02-22-20, 09:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Bernadette Giorgi's express resistance band workout, a burst and kettlebell swings. I enjoyed the workout but it was a little awkward using the band a few times and I think I tweaked my back a little. I'm not sure if I'll walk before work later this afternoon but I'll try to do something before then.

NORA, nice workout combo.

Old 02-23-20, 10:00 AM  
sbh

Hello all! I am so glad this past week is over. I played a disc golf course that was mostly on a hill. I have been suffering every since. My back feels better today, but for the last five days I have been living on a heating pad. I won't be going back to that course again. I was not able to finish my Cathe Pyramid Pump rotation last week.

S-Home Repair
M-Cathe Lite PP Bi's & Tri's
T-Cathe Lite PP Shoulders
W-disc golf
T-injured - rest
F-injured - rest
S-injured - rest

SB - My DH is experiencing the same thing. He fully retired three years ago. They begged him to come back after two months. He has been working two days a week since. Now they want him to return to full time. He is thinking the same thing, how did I do all that when I was working full time! You always inspire me with the variety of workouts that you do.

PP - The camper sounds great. We use to go camping with a tent all the time, but age and my back injury has brought that to a screeching halt. Maybe we should look into renting something. That might work. I would enjoy fishing and sitting around the camp fire again.

Nora - Your workouts reminded me that I have Jari's Body Rock, that I have never done. I should give that a try. Right now I am into Cathe's Lite weight work.

Tammy - I am enjoying the Cathe 4Ds. Although I have not attempted the step workouts. I just received Cathe's Hard Strikes. As soon as my back shuts up, I will give that one a try.

Have a great week all!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 10:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Saturday I did a burst and some kettlebell swings but no other workout.
Work was busy Saturday night and my double shift was crazy busy yesterday. But I have 6 days off now. I'm taking this coming Saturday off to see a show with some friends.

I'm worn out today but it's supposed to get near 60 degrees I think so I'll have to go for a walk if nothing else. I'll add on if energy permits.

SHERRI, oh no about your back!! That sounds miserable. I suffered for almost a year with sciatic pain which finally mostly resolved last summer. I will occasionally tweak it but it's about 98% gone, knock on wood. I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you can finish up your Cathe rotation soon.

Old 02-24-20, 06:28 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

hello everyone.

Sherri - so sorry about your back. I hope it's better today. I too have that Body Rock, and I don't remember ever doing it either!

SB - We had great weather today, too. it felt so good. Enjoy your 6 days off. I checked to see if I have that CF you did, but mine is called Power Strength. It looks like you don't have to ff through warm-ups. It didn't appeal to me after I read the menu, so I didn't do it though.

Yesterday, I tried to do P90X+. I modified a lot of things I didn't like, but still ended up ejecting after about 25 minutes. Today, I went for a walk in the beautiful sunshine.
Old 02-25-20, 11:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a delightful 47 minute walk and some kettlebell swings.
It is still on the mild side today, not as mild as yesterday though which hit 61 degrees, but they are expecting some showers so I hope to walk before they come through. I will try for kettlebell swings and maybe a dvd too.

NORA, great job with the walk. Sorry P90X+ didn't work out. I used to do that CF Power Sculpt dvd a lot when I was on my CF kick several years ago.
I haven't done it in awhile though. I think it was a little different than their older dvds. Now I'm curious to try it out again. Maybe today?

Old 02-26-20, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did KCM's Trim & Tone Intervals from Build & Burn and the waist slimmer section from 10 MS Rapid Results pilates. I also did a burst and kettlebell swings too. The showers didn't start until later in the day yesterday but it was misting and drizzling all day and just not a walking day. It's starting off misty again today but I think it will dry out later. If so, I'll walk, otherwise another dvd day.

Old 02-26-20, 02:55 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - I hope the weather holds out for your walk. I've been taking advantage of the nicer weather to get in some walks too....that milder weather is supposed to change soon, though.

Yesterday: 50 minute walk and the back chest and tri sections from Cathe's TimeSaver DVD.
Today: another 50 min. walk and the bis from TS.

I'm picking up Woody later today, so I'll probably do another short walk with him.