Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-20, 06:33 PM  
sbh

Hello everyone.

Nora - Skiing I'm so jealous, good for you! I miss water skiing.

SB - Great workouts. I have had to curtail my long dog walks until my dog's knee is better. She slightly tore her CCL (equivalent to our ACL). We are trying limited activities, a dog knee brace, and supplements. Surgery is so invasive and expensive.

PP - That is too bad about the job interview. That was just terrible treatment. Job hunting is so stressful. Pahla B is great. I use her workouts when I am starting over or rehabbing.

My past week:
S-rest
M-KCM Sulpting Rx Weights
T-Cathe ICE To The Mat Legs & Glutes (bands & ball only)
W-rest
T-JS 6WTT Barefoot Fusion Sculpt
F-Cathe 4DS Kickbox

Have a great week.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 03:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

The lake near my parents house was nice but it was too cold to stay long. Yesterday we took another day trip to Lake Poinsett in Arkansas, it was a nice day but the lake was drained for maintenance and had been for a while. That would have been nice to know before we drove out there. We had a nice hike anyway.

Thanks for the positive thoughts about Hubby's interview. but Wednesday, Hubby had a job interview with the same pipe company. I hope it goes better. I still don't want him to work there but a job is a job at this point.

I figured out why I like walking workouts so much, no burpees! or other things I have to try to figure out a way to modify.

Today I did Walk at Home~ Island Dance with Rocky followed by Walk and Run with Nick and Rocky.

Nora, I like the weightwork from Four Day Split but wasn't thrilled about the cardio either.

SB, it sounds like conserving your energy is the right thing to do. Hope you had an easy day at work

Sherri, good to see you back. Nice mix of workouts.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a gray wet day and I'm usually pretty worn out on Mondays from work so I did most of Callanetics Evolution, about 45 minutes. It was perfect for how I was feeling yesterday, I have to do that one more often. Today is starting off gray and wet but hopefully it clears up later. I am going to try to do a weight workout today and walk later if the weather permits.

NORA, good luck with 4 Day Split this week. I don't think I have that one.

SHERRI, very nice workout week for you. Awww sorry about your dog's knee.
How did that happen?

PENGUIN, glad you enjoy the walking workouts. Your hike sounds like fun.
Good luck to hubby.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 07:00 PM  
Tammie M

Greetings! Here are my workouts since my last post. I'm on a CIA and Firm kick this month. I'm reminded of what the newer workouts are missing - choreography!

Wednesday (2/5) - Barlates Bounce Express Series: Cardio Sculpt + Shaun T's Size: In the Pocket
Thursday (2/6) - Jessica Smith Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week -Day 1 Premix (includes Belly Blasting Strength Training Circuit) + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1011
Friday (2/7) - Seasun Zieger CIA 2304 Rock Steady Step
Saturday (2/8) - The Firm Better Body & Buns + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1013
Sunday (2/9) - Donna Read CIA 2305 Hi/Lo To the Max
Monday (2/10) - Barlates Bounce Series: Bounce Cardio Sculpt + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1018
Tuesday (2/11) - Donna Read CIA 2403 Step, Power & Pump

SB, nice walking and dvd workouts. I don't have 4 Day Split either. It seems to get good reviews. I may consider getting this one during one of her sales. I did pass up the presale this year. If reviews are good for the weight one I might consider getting it later.

Penguin, it sounds like you are getting in some nice hikes with your hubby. Nice workouts. I'm not a big fan of burpees either. I'm glad hubby is getting many job interviews even if some aren't perfect. Hopefully he will be able to choose from several offers.

Sherri, those are some great workouts. I'm sorry to hear about your dog's injury. Medical expenses for dogs have gotten very expensive. It has been a few years since I've had a dog but I didn't carry pet insurance on them. If I have another dog I would consider it now.

Nora, I hope you are enjoying the 4DS rotation. I see you are also doing some Firm and step workouts. I'm not familar with either Julian or Petra. I plan to try to do a weekly step workout. I did 2 this week and my knees were starting to complain today. That Step, Power & Pump is a tough workout! I like Michelle's older workouts but haven't clicked with her newer ones.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 07:14 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

hello everyone. Yesterday, I did 4DSplit tris and bis, and for the cardio part did Tom Woll's House Dance Moves. Today, I did some walking...maybe 40 minutes. If all goes according to plan, I'm going skiing tomorrow.

EDIT to add Yes, Tammie, I agree with you about the sad loss /lack of choreography in almost all newer workouts

Tammie - Julian and Petra are Evolution Video (Marcus Irwin's old company) instructors. I think they're pretty much vintage at this point! Interesting about your knees. Mine seem to act up more after non-step cardio. I feel like step keeps them more aligned somehow. But, we're all different.

SB - I think you'd like the weight workout on 4DS. Non repetitive. But then again, half of it is cardio, which you wouldn't be interested in.
Old 02-12-20, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a premix from KCM's Circuit Burn, boxing, cardio and weight intervals. That's the only way I can do cardio on dvd if it's mixed in with weight work. I had asked on GD for kickboxing suggestions from KCM in the hopes of getting more cardio in my routine and I got some great suggestions. I also did a 47 minute walk in the afternoon after the rain finally stopped. I'm planning
a walk and hopefully more today.

TAMMIE, great workout week as usual. I did preorder Cathe's new set even though I rarely do her workouts. The 30 minute format got me.

NORA, nice job with 4 DS and walking. I probably would like the weight work in that set from what I've heard. I think I read that Fit Split is set up in a similar way? I do have Fit Split. Maybe I should check out the weight work on that one. Have fun skiing!

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!

Old 02-13-20, 09:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 44 minute outdoor walk, the sun was actually out for a while . Of course it's raining again, but if it clears up later I'll try for another walk.
I also plan on maybe some pilates first though.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-14-20, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

It pretty much rained all day yesterday so no walk. I did Jules Benson's Total Core pilates and really enjoyed it. I just recently acquired this one and never did it before. It's just under an hour though so I don't see myself using it too often, I usually keep my pilates around 20 to 30 minutes. It's cold out today and I do have work this afternoon so I'm thinking maybe a KCM workout this morning. I usually work just Saturday and Sunday but since it's Valentine's Day and they're expecting to be busy they asked if I could work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-14-20, 11:59 AM  
sbh

Hello everyone!

PP - The lake sounds wonderful. Our lake is right next door. As soon as my dog is better, I think we should take a hike there. I forgot all about it.

SB - My dog likes to leap off the back porch stairs, run the yard, and leap back up the stairs. She missed a few steps and came in limping. We had to put up baby gates to stop her from doing it anymore. Ugh! Glad you are enjoying KCM's Circuit Burn. I traded that one away and now I want it again. I wish I could get into pilates, but it is so boring to me.

Tammie - I have checked out quite a few dog insurance plans and decided not to get any of them. She already has the pre-existing injury on the left knee so that is not covered. We decided to go the natural route instead of surgery, for now ($5000 for surgery). So far, so good. She is not gimping around and we bought a knee brace that she wears for the short walks. And we are giving her glucosamine/chondroitin supplement to help with the healing.

Nora - I just received Cathe's 4DS. I love the kickboxing portion.

S-rest
M-KCM Cardio Pump - Boxing
T-KCM Cardio Pump - Weights
W-rest
T-deck work max
F-deck work max
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 05:06 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone.

Sherri - So sorry about your dog. Hopefullly a full recovery without surgery. Maybe I should try that 4DS kickboxing. I really never do/like it...but maybe I'll try again. Then again, mayabe not!

SB - I hope the V day shift isn't too hectic and is lucrative for you!

Wednesday: skiing
yesterday: 4DS (step, tris and bis). I may skip the 4th day, as I feel I got a good leg workout already this week with skiing.
Today: I had to go to the mall to get something for hubs, so decided to combine that with a mall walk (about 40 minutes)

Happy Valentines Day.