Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-31-20, 09:55 PM  
Helen

Every Day in FEBRUARY (1/12 already over?!) All welcome - join the CHALLENGE!!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not manditory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
If a HERD moves in, we bring out the whip to move it along.

If you're checkin-hunting because you were motivated for a new year and concerned that the first month has already slipped away,
then JOIN US on the CHALLENGE of being expected to do something EVERY DAY! It may be the consistency push you need.
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

** WINTER TIP: Movement keeps you warm without burning fossil fuels. **
** SUMMER TIP: Just the slightest breeze on sweaty skin feels wonderfully cool.**

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 04:36 PM  
Helen

Feb 1/29
2020 27/366

Sat., 1st Feb. [106F]
Just a dog walk, at a very modest pace - for HER. She stopped at one stage, in the shade. Went out around 9am well before peak heat, but still a bit much for her.
Yes, I'm counting it because if I don't, with this current heat wave, I'll lose too many days.

Sunday is expected to hit 109F & we're planning to take her to the water - then hide in the A/C for the rest of the day. Almost slept in the loungeroom last night! I'm sweating already as it's 91F at 8:30am.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-01-20, 05:50 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thanks for the wonderful intro! Your temps are impossibly hot for an area that is not prepared for it. Be safe with your workouts.

2/1 - my FIL's service was today, but I didn't want the whole day to slip away, so I managed 20 brisk minutes with Jessica and a little more with Leslie. Back to my regular workouts tomorrow.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 07:23 PM  
honey

Lili, take care of yourself during this difficult time. If walking is what feels right, then that's great.

Helen, thanks for getting February up and running for us.

2/1 MM39: MeltCon - The MeltcCons are always very fast weight workouts, and Jericho's weaknesses as an instructor show in the MeltCons. She has good form (especially considering the speed of the moves), but she's terrible at cueing.

Now I'm dragging my husband out for a walk at the beach.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 03:03 AM  
Helen

Feb 2/29
2020 28/366
1km: 2/29

Thankfully it didn't feel like it hit 43C (109F) today, because .....

It was the first day back at DERBY!!

So Sun 2nd Feb
Beach trip with DH & Alice lots of walking IN the water, collecting the big ball that Alice won't swim to fetch if it's too deep for her (she won't swim )
Derby Training 2 hrs
I need, desperately, to practice hockey stops and power slides.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-02-20, 04:23 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

And have to go back and finish January (cuz I MET MY GOALS!!! Every single one of them! Yay me!) ...

Helen: Thanks for getting us started. WOW on the heat. AS Lili said, please be careful. I'm glad you are going to try the mile a day. I think it did great things for me. Not so much the mile or the pace of it, but the fact that it was usually at a different time of the day so it got me moving more than just my morning workout. I doubt I'll do it this month - AS a matter of fact, I know I won't, but maybe I'll throw it in some. Back at Derby? That must make you happy. Be careful.

Lili: Back to your old routines. That will feel good. (at least it would for me since I'm a creature of habit.)

Honey: So happy to see you with us for another month.

Waves to everybody else!

2/1/2020: 45 minute called for ride with Matt (endurance). Was supposed to be another workout, but I messed up the day before. Long story - hope to post in the January one. Stretch

I got all of my week 3 rides done for the challenge. I leave for mom's in 2 hours. I am going to do an extra ride this a.m. so I can donate this awful ride I did on Friday (by mistake! Slaps forehead). lol. It didn't kill me, although it was close. HA!

Not sure what the workouts will look like for the next week. Maybe a lot of walking, jogging, some body weight strength and see what I can do on Peloton. A nice slower week will probably do my body good! I'm halfway through this challenge. (Only 6 weeks this time). I can hardly believe it.

Ok, off to hit the bike before I go.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 06:33 PM  
honey

Knocked out 2 workouts before the big game

MM37: Downbeat Strength
MM32: Upbeat Strength
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 09:54 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - safe travels! Good job staying ahead of the challenge.
Honey - so glad you are continuing with us! Great job with the Meltdowns.
Helen - our dogs won’t swim either. They will wade until the water hits their belly, and that’s it. It must feel good to get back to Derby training.

I am going to attempt a Les Mills rotation for February, Tone & Strength. It’s only 3 workouts per week, so I have time for run days and easy days. I will continue to aim for 45-60 minutes every day.
2/2 - CXWORX #34 and then 2 miles with Leslie to get to 60 minutes.

Old 02-03-20, 01:52 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/3 - Bodystep #114. I did the 55 minute version and it kicked my butt! I think I'm just not used to step workouts any more. I'm hoping to walk the dogs a little later.

Old 02-03-20, 07:54 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

On my ipad

Which makes for crappy typing. I’ll be brief!

02/02/2020: a palindrome date. What’s not to love? 🤷*♀️ Imagine my surprise when I went out to my car after doing 2 bike rides and there was all ice and snow on it?? Ugggg. Oh wait ... peloton challenge extra credit ride and then since I’ll be away for ally’s Sunday ride did a 20 minute country ride. I like ally!!! Anyway, was fine getting to the airport , plane only 10 minutes late. Arrived here safely. Yay!!!!

02/03/2020: Peloton app, a 45 minute run walk with Oliver Lee. I liked him. Nice workout. Not too killer (or I’m getting better!!!) . First time I used the audio part of the app on my phone (Android) with my new AirPods. Flawless. Then it was off to the park to Pokemon before getting about the days business.

Life is good. Tomorrow I tackle an audio workout and see if I can get either my heart rate monitor and/or map my walk app to work also. to be continued ....

Make it a great day.
No formatting.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote