Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-20, 10:44 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~FEBRUARY 2020~*Everyone Welcome!*

Please join us this month!!

February, 2020

Just randomly doing whatever workouts according to my tentative rotation planned out and still focusing on strength this month.

1 - My w/u; Beast Body Bulk Arms; Stretch I went heavy today and it felt great!! I didn't have time to add on today...my great nephew and parents are in town - so excited to meet him!! <3

2 - Michelle's Total Body Yoga in 25 Minutes This was such a nice little flow for a Sunday morning practice. Really enjoyed it.
3 - Yvette Bachman Heavy Weight Chest & Shoulder Circuits (60 min.); stretch Today was chest & shoulders scheduled and I was going to do Beast but I wanted some good metabolic work to counteract all those b-day & Super Bowl celebration calories over the weekend!! It delivered! She uses heavier weights for chest presses, flyes and shoulder presses with usually 5-8 reps, sometimes 10-15. I used 15's mostly but did use 20's for one set of 5. If I wasn't going as heavy as Yvette, I'd complete more reps. Shoulder raises using 5's & 8's are included also. She uses a 6# med ball for a few exercises and I either had to grab my 4# ball or my 8# ball...I used my 8#! She uses a high step but I had mine at 6" and got a great workout. Loved the choreo using it and she adds some HiiT work at the end (natch!). My shoulders & chest were toast at the end of this workout and I loved the fact that there are no push-ups in this class!!!! Really enjoyed this one to work me and work me good!! <3
4 - Michelle's Power Yoga Workout - 30 min. This class has it all - forward, back, side stretches, breath, cardio, balance, strength, etc.----favorited! Feel great to start my day!
5 - S&S TBGS (w/u); Beast Build Back/Bi's; Heather Robertson's 10 min. Standing Abs; Stretch; Later: 45 min. of Yard Work (before the snow!) Great workout! Tried my heavies (for me) since I was feeling strong today. Pull-overs with 25, 27.5 and 30#; 25's for D/L's topped out my heavies. 20, 25, & 30 for one-arm rows and 45# for pull-downs. Bi's are always lighter (12's, 15's, and a couple 20's). Those 1, 1, 2 hammer curls always get me! LOVE this workout so much! 427 cal after the core/stretch!! My arms were complaining during Heather's workout since she does so many over-the-head moves and my arms being so fatigued from Beast!! That's another great w/o for abs when you want to do some different standing core work. AWESOME STUFF!!
6 - Shovel Max (20 min. while DH snowblowed); Cathe Live Cardio, Glutes & Core Express #217 (38 min); Cathe Live Lower Body-Upper Body DB Challenge #220 (sans w/u, UB, stretch--just Lower Body); Michelle's Yin Yoga GREAT lower body workout today! CG&CE is a fun cardio workout that uses the stability ball and FW band for cardio mostly with the focus on glutes. There are a few toning exercises for glutes using the band, and stab. ball for hamstring roll-ins, etc. That was tough keeping my booty off the floor for the duration of the hamstring work! LB/UB DB Challenge was a fantastic lower body weighted add-on!! I had extra time today since I don't have to watch my little cutie, so adding on just the LB segment was AWESOME (only 20 min.). I could go 3-6# heavier than Cathe on all the exercises (sometimes slowing down the pace) and these exercises were perfect since she doesn't include D/L's (which I did yesterday). I needed a good, long LB stretch after all that!! 509 calorie burn - woo hoo!!
7 - Rest day
8 - Yvette Bachman Step Cardio Blast! (44 min. until core work); ICE MM Triceps; Stretches I wanted some good cardio after some indulging last night. My SIL's were in town so we went out to celebrate things. Fun! And I added some more fun with Yvette's workout (this is the one with Christmas music). I didn't mind...but what I did mind was all the ads in this! I don't remember there being 3 or 4 ads in this!!!!! But I kept doing the last cardio exercise she was doing until the w/o came back. Adding on Tricep MM's was very tough at that point. No going heavier than Cathe today, LOL! I wasn't feeling very strong for those (too much happiness last night, LOL). Only 10's, 12's, & 15's were used but kudos to me, I did all 3 rounds! haha Feeling great, though, after doing something to get me off the couch!! 472 calories bit the dust. (It was a good calorie crusher week for me)!

9 - Level Up (LU) Balance Like I surmised, I liked this class the least of the series. I wrote my thoughts in the Level Up Thread...
10- XT Burn Sets (Chest/Back/Sh); YT Popsugar "Get A Better Butt" TM interval workout (30 min. = 2 miles); stretches Great workout today! I LOVE the TM workout - it has been awhile since I did it...I can really feel my butt during those inclines! Lately, incline work has been ok for my knees...hope that continues. That workout bites in the last half but what a gem it is. 541 cal burn today!
11- Michelle's Deep Stretch Yoga - Hips & Hammies This is very similar to her (my fav version) of Yin Yoga....I'll have to remember to do this one more often too.
12- Yvette Bachman Cardio Step With Back & Bicep Circuits; My Beast Build Back & Bi's (Shortened version) Add-on; Stretch This one is almost a year old and I LOVED it! Tough Stuff!! I used a 10" step like Yvette (or whatever hers is with 3 risers), some moves done on the step (but not much jumping on/off) and some on the Bosu (love that I can use that too!!). Then towards the end, she takes out a riser and I made my step 6"...in which the exercises seemed like recovery moves after that! This class is cardio exercises followed by 2 sets of 8 reps (not done at once) of back work & bicep work (which some included shoulders). I used 30# for pull overs, 25# for 1 arm rows, 12's# for reverse flyes, 15's# for biceps, 20's# for hammers (which incl. shoulder presses I didn't do). I can belt them out when there's only 8 reps as opposed to 15 (Beast)!!! Very, very fun moves!!! Loved it! My 25 min. condensed Beast add-on consisted of:
2 sets 10 Reps of D/L's 20's/25's#
3 sets 10 R of pull downs-wide grip/med grip; overhand/underhand 45#
2 sets 10 R of pull overs using 30/32.5# (first time for 32.5#!)
1 set 8 R of One Arm Rows 32.5#
1 set 10 R of Reverse Flyes 12's#
2 sets 8 R of Hammer/Bicep Curls (Sagi Style) 15's/20's#
2 sets 8 R of 1,1,2 Hammers (Sagi Style) 15's#
2 sets 8 R of Bicep Curls 12's#
Cobra on the Bosu (Just had to get positioned just right, then it seemed I could lift legs, upper body higher)!
Fantastic workout today!!!!!! A whopping 628 calorie burn!! Yvette's was a FUN endurance workout, for sure!!! Side note: I just realized I worked back twice this week, oops!! Oh well....:0)
13- Yoga30For30 (Backbends); Popsugar The Ultimate Inner Thigh Workout I had to do the yoga in two segments as the baby woke up. ;0) Later after the baby left, I did the Popsugar workout, as I needed some form of movement from sitting (and holding) the baby most of the day, as she was fussy. (I couldn't be too upset with her, as she was dressed in the cutest Valentine's outfit)!! This is a good workout for that - some cardio and then some inner thigh stuff on the floor.
14- ICE R'm S'm (TS 6 Premix - Punching Combos only); Muscle Meltdown (Triceps--3 rounds); stretch After a morning of watching babies, I was going to call it a rest day, but got motivated to take it downstairs and do some triceps. As I was doing the w/u (which is LONG, as you might know), it got me 'into it' and motivated me to do more, so I skipped around and only did the punching combos. Fun for some light cardio and got my Tricep workout in to boot! I used 12's/15's/20#....it added up after holding some heavy babies this morning! :0)
15- YT BOSU Ball Workout (Eye See Digital-37 min.); Heather Robertson Week 6 Day 4//Intense TABATA + Booty Workout - 30 min.; Stretch This BOSU workout wasn't too shabby for an unpolished & lighter day workout...her form is off a bit at times. Some moves I hadn't seen before and liked, ie... laying your side over the Bosu and holding up your legs, but I made it more of a inner thigh focus by lowering and lifting my bottom leg to meet my upper leg. The format was :70/:30 and I kept going thru some of her water breaks. I had to count my reps as well. Heather's was great (a little repetitive from doing a lot of the same moves), but it was a sweaty one! The format was 4 rounds of tabatas with :20/:10 format and the 2nd half mostly booty exercises on the floor with :30/:10 for 3 rounds. My booty is feeling it already! GREAT lower body/leg day with a 373 cal burn!

16- My goodness: my lower body (quads/hamstrings) are SOOOOO sore today!!! That was a great lower body combo yesterday, evidently!!! Michelle's Morning Yoga Flow (29 min.); Later: Cathe Live Metabolic Madness #267; stretch I did Michelle's practice before my volunteer day of watching babies this morning at church. Then later after (another) cup of coffee and reading 2lazy4gym's recap of Cathe's Live workout, I decided to try it since I wasn't sure if I'd get in a workout tomorrow with the baby. Holy Hannah!!! This one is FANTABULOUS!!!!! What a FUN, FUN workout! I hadn't tried it before...I just purchased it on a whim after watching the clip. It is lower/upper body combination weighted exercises that MOVE! I was able to go 3-10# heavier than Cathe but by the end, I was starting to crash (with those last k/b punches with 3's!). Good thing she did fewer reps the last round!!! There were a few exercises where I was still picking up my weights so I missed a couple reps on a few. But it probably was a shoulder exercise, LOL, so it was ok since they are worked waay more than other body parts!! For the upright rows, I threw a few tricep k/b's in there for good measure. Loved the balance work while doing the upper body weight work! My HR was up for most of this workout due to working upper/lower body simultaneously. This workout got 4 hearts from me!!! If you CL fans out there haven't tried this one yet - you NEED TO! :0) One word to the wise, though, don't try it fasted!! I did it on only 2 cups of coffee (and wanting lunch!) and that's why I think I boinked at the very end with those k/b punches!! Good thing it wasn't any longer than 45 min., LOL! 337 calories! I think I was a'missin' my Cathe Live classes cause I had a BLAST!!!!! Love these metabolic workouts where you can still go heavy!!!
17- Michelle's Total Body Yoga (prob about 15 min.); Yoga30For30 (Even Flow - prob about 20 min.) At least I got something in! I don't know how these moms get ANYTHING done during the day!! I seem to remember putting my babies in their carrier and letting them watch me workout....I think it depends on the child, LOL. Mine were always good to do what I wanted them to do, haha. OR, most likely, I'm just rusty on using my strategy!
18- XT Chest/Back/Shoulders Premix 5
19- Yvette Bachman Kickboxing/High Calorie Cardio Blast!; PHA3 (Extended Lying Stretch) I was craving some k/b and did this one for the high fun factor! It is long (70 min.), and I had enough cardio after 45 min. straight, LOL, so I skipped the last 10 min. of add'l cardio (I think it's a little overkill at that point, IMO). I started back up with her for the FW band and core work which then equaled 60 min. This one really hits the core and legs good!! A great endurance class with very little equipment - just the FW band and some light weights for the floor core work at the end (great oblique work in this too!). I ended up with a 497 cal burn and I wasn't even going "all out"! ;0)
20- XT Bi's & Tri's; Beast Bulk Arms (30 min.); stretch I was originally going to do a short premix of B&T while the baby slept but I kept going thru her long nap! Did all that w/o then added on some Bulk Arms (all exercises, 1 set @15 R using lighter weights; 1 set @8 R using heaviest weights). A great finisher for the Bi's & Tri's workout! On to another program next week...I loved the variety of weight programs this month!
21- Rest day
22- UY Balance This was still challenging, but after {attempting} LU Balance, this one seemed A LOT easier for me! I don't know if maybe my balance has improved or what, but I could hold the poses longer and my breath stayed synched with the pose. Yay!!! It took a 'level up' Balance class for this to happen. Never thought I'd see the day, LOL!

23- RwH LIHI Back, Bi's & Shoulders; Plyo HiiT 2 (Premix 3 - Shoulders Last); Total Body Solution (Lower Back); Stretch This was a great workout (I hadn't done Plyo HiiT in ages!) but right afterward, I felt some lower back discomfort. I think I tweaked my back trying to help up my dad after his fall a couple days ago. (He's fine), but the angle I used must've tweaked it. And doing weights today must have exacerbated it, as I didn't feel anything until I used the weights! Icing it today. So, I may be taking off some extra days this week to give it a rest...
24- Total Body Solution (Lower Back) It was 2018 since I did this one..which means I haven't had any injuries in 2019 that I needed to break it out.
25- Rest day
26- Gina B Cardio At Home HiiT Workout for Wt. Loss - Full Body Tone Up; Heather Robertson FB Full Body HiiT//No Repeats//No Equipment; YT Leslie Fast Walking in 30 min.; TBS (Lower Back) It felt so good to do something!! I modified a few exercises in HR's workout but not many for my back issue. Loved the Leslie workout...it's been eons since I walked with her! I used 2# weights and could ramp it up which is so easy to do with her workouts. I did miss her original walkers, however. I ended up with a 412 cal burn after everything today....a different kind of workout day for me....but it was a nice change and I had fun while keeping things safe for my back. :0) Side note: My Lenten challenge starts today.
27- Michelle's Strong Yoga Flow with Hips & Arm Balance This was a good hip opener flow...not many floor hip openers that I would've liked better. I added pigeon and did some IT band stretches.
28- Rest day (2 hours this morning and 3 hours tonight watching babies seemed/will seem like enough of a workout today)!
29- RwH LIHI Chest, Tris, Shoulders (Premix 1 - Shoulders Last); RIPT90FIT Chest & Arms; Stretch
I had a great workout using the Pyramid type lifting with RwH....always very easy to do with these. And had time to add on an easier Chest & arms workout with moderate weights for some nice finishers. Doing this workout inspired me to break out the set for March; so I will be altering my March rotation to include these. Jody is so NOT annoying, but inspiring! I love how I can use my own music, too.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 11:04 AM  
T2B

february 2020

continuation of STS Meso 1...

1. Rhythmic Step. This was a fun revisit, been 10+ years since I did this. Surprised that I remembered 90% of the choreography. It was challenging though, moving over and around the step. My legs were like “why are you making me stretch like this?” Henceforth, Saturday will be STEP SATURDAY! (..here’s to hoping I remember this next Saturday).
2. STS M1D3 Legs. Ok, canceling Step Saturdays. It’s not a good fit the day before or the day after leg day. Um, maybe Step Thursdays? I enjoyed Legs, except the calf work, which I still did but my word, my wide calf boots are getting a little snug. 02/02/2020 - just read a tidbit that today’s date is a palindrome. The last one was 909 years ago on 11/11/1111 and the next one will be 12/12/2121, 101 years from now. Today is also Day 33 of the year, and 333 days to the end of the year. P.M. Yv2: Rock It Out! + 2nd half of Work It! Shake It!
3. SHOCK CARDIO: HiiT Double Wave Pyramid. P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation
4. rest day...

Week 2 - Meso 1, Week 2

5. P.M. STS M1D4 - Chest, Shoulders & Biceps + Yv2: Move Your Body. Slept in this morning. My workplace closed early today due to snow/ice so I was still able to do an early workout. Did anyone else get Cathe’s 20% off on digital downloads? SAVE20.
6. Cathe’s Low Impact Step
7. STS M1D5 Back & Triceps. Had to skip a few exercises due to time. Skipped a couple of sets of pull ups and the side leaning pushups (that I hate doing ‘cause I never feel them where I should).
8. NTM: CL #125 Cardio Boxing & Metabolic Conditioning. Enjoyed this, the music was a record scratch in some areas but I appreciate being able to hear the music clearly thru my wireless Beats. P.M. STEP BOSS: Step Sync
9. STS M1D6 - Legs & 12 minutes of the Extended Stretch. P.M. Yv2: Rock It Out!
10. SHOCK CARDIO: HiiT Double Wave Pyramid
11. rest day...

Week 3 - Meso 1, Week 3

12. STS M1D7 - Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. Skipped a few pushups & shoulder exercises. Felt like Cathe’s usual modus operandi - too many reps of her favorite exercises. Why so many push-ups?
13. Rhythmic Step. Fun. I stopped doing this a long time ago because I hated the music. Fast forward, years and years of not so good workout music, and the music in RS doesn’t bother me. I do think it drags a little during the middle section. The build up goes on a little too long. Lots of steps though and a good calorie burn.
14. STS M1D8 - Back & Triceps. Usual complaints, way too long for 2 body parts but this is a good one. Lots of great exercises.
15. CL: Love Me Some Kickbox. Love this workout!
16. STS M1D9 - Legs + Yv2: Sweat Sensation. Organized my pantry and took a long nap, didn’t even leave the house so I had to do something in the afternoon. P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation.
17. TAE BO: Sweat Off Sizes. Used my AirPods so could still hear Billy cueing. Felt like a new workout with my fabulous music.
18. rest day...

Week 4 - Meso 1, Week 4

19. STS M1D10 - Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. P.M. Yv2: Work It! Shake It!
20. TAE BO Advanced. Love!
21. STS M1D11 - Back & Triceps. Love! STS has been easier than I anticipated. By easier, I mean no dread. When the weekend rolls around I’m ready for some naps but during the week my energy has been great. Definitely feeling every workout. I’m really enjoying STS. Eating has been out of control though. Some days I just want to cram food in my mouth, can’t get enough. Still managed to lose 2 pounds.
22. LITE: Cardio Party + Yv2: Rock It Out!
23. STSM1D12 - Legs + (ntm) STEP BOSS - Chair Extended Stretch.. I really need to stretch more. Took a 2 hour nap about 2 hours after completing my workout. P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation
24. TAE BO Cardio
25. rest day...

Week 5 - Recovery Week

26. rest day...
27. P.M. STEP BOSS: Step Sync (23 minutes). Just needed a little movement...
28. Yv2: Sweat Sensation
29. CATHE LIVE: Love Me Some Kickbox

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 11:18 AM  
Luv2WO

Here!

1. Ballet Beautiful Standing Abs with Band, Plie: First Position, Cardio Allegra Workout, Barre Stretch and Posture Work, PBL Bend and Flex with Band
2. TBL Moving Meditation, PBL Graceful Flow Stretching Routine
3. TBL Beach Barre Cardio, BB Ballet Abs, Lean Legs and Butt, Backstage Outer Thigh
4. TBL Full Body Pilates, BB Ballet Abs: Extensions, Supermodel Cardio Burn, Barre Bends: Waist, Barre Boot Camp
5. TBL MBP Full Body Fusion, BB First and Second Position Plie Burn workouts
6. TBL Less is More Workout, Ballet Beautiful Bikini Workout Inner Thigh Blast, Arabesque on the Mat
7. TBL 15 min Pilates Ring workout, BB Butt Blast 3, PBL 5 min abs and Stretch with Band workouts, BB Mat Stretch
8. PBL Strength and Stability Shoulder Workout, May Makeover Core workout, Butt Blaster, 15 min walk
9. TBL MBP Waist Slimming Workout, Pilates for Posture
10. TBL Pilates with a Purpose Total Body Tone, PBL New Zealand Leg workout, Everyday Essential classic Abs, Neck Release.
11. TBL Strength and Mobility workout, BB Ballet Abs, Lean Legs and Butt workout, Bikini Workout, Inner Thigh Blast
12. PBL Body Band Sculpture Class, Trim and Slim Lower Body, 5 Min More Stretch, Essentrics PM workout
13. Essentrics AM Workout, PBL Magic Leg Circle workout, 5 Min Magic Abs
14. Essentrics AM workout, PBL Everyday Essential Arms with Weights, Core is the New Black, 5 Min More Legs, BB Hip Stretch
15. PBL New You Abs with Band, 5 Min Legs with Band, TBL MBP Total Body Tone
16. TBL Less is More workout, PBL Weightless Arm Workout, Graceful Flow Stretching Routine
17. PBL May Makeover Core Workout, Bridge the Gap, TBL Back to the Mat Abs and Arms
18. PBL Total Trim Down Leg workout, Spring Into Summer Core Heat
19. Barre3 Balance, Restorative Stretch
20. PBL New You Complete Body with Weights, Everyday Essential Upper Body and Back Strength, TBL Back to the Mat Stretch and Release, Essentrics SIM Upper Body and Hamstrings
21. TBL 30 Minute Ball Workout, Essentrics Express Leg Toning, 20 min walk
22. Barre3 Lift, Essentrics PM Stretch routine
23. Essentrics Stretch and Tone Barre Release with Gail, 20 min walk, PBL Detox Stretch
24. TBL Barre on the Beach, PBL Sculpt and Shred Arm workout, Ultimate Ab Burner
25. TBL Full Body Target Training with Weights, Yoga with Adrienne Yoga for Self Respect and 5 Min Morning Yoga
26. TBL Back to the Mat Perfect Posture, Miranda Vintage Legs and Butt, Yoga with Adrienne Yoga for Flexibility, Essentrics PM Workout
27. Essentrics AM Workout, TBL Less is More workout, Yoga with Adrienne for Stress Relief
28. TBL MB Challenge Total Body Tone, Miranda Vintage Legs and Butt
29. Barre3 Balance, Yoga with Adrienne Anxiety
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 11:29 AM  
MathTeacher

February 1 - Workout Hotel Barre: Leg Workout

February 2 - Workout Hotel Barre: Arms and Abs
February 3 - Workout Hotel Barre: Butt and Thighs
February 4
February 5 - Workout Hotel Barre: Full Body
February 6
February 7- Workout Hotel Dumb Bell: Upper Body
February 8 - Sinus infection

Took the week off

February 16 - Turbo Barre #1 and 2
February 17 - Turbo Barre #1, 3, and 12
February 18
February 19 - Callanetics #1
February 20 - Callanetics #1
February 21 - Callanetics #1
February 22 - Callanetics #1

February 23 - Callanetics #1
February 24 - Callanetics #2
February 25 - Callanetics #2
February 26
February 27 - Callanetics #2
February 28
February 29 - Callanetics #2
Old 01-26-20, 12:18 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 12:21 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

February

Jan total = 27/31

1 - 63 push ups + Peloton Arms Toning with Sam + KCM Stepboxing Combos
2 - 3 YT Gina B walking workouts--total of about 30 min. These are really fast "walking" workouts, get my HR up pretty well. Music is fun as well (14 min Abba walk is a guilty pleasure). Added Day 25 of Lee Holden's 30 Day Qi Gong Challenge.

3 - Peloton Kendall 80s 1/29/20 + Tunde 80s Pop 1/26/20--66 minutes, 14.2 miles, 295 cal.
4 - 7.54 mile walk--intended to do upper body work, but got home too late.
5 - "Rest"--2 Peloton (10 min each) Upper Body Toning workouts (the ones I intended to do yesterday) + yard work + housework.
6 - KCM RAW February 2019 Ripped & Ride--new to me. As usual, I love this format. Rode with a 30 min Peloton ride.
7 - Peloton Hannah Classic Rock 1/30/20--58 minutes, 14.7 miles, 355 cal.
8 - KCM RAW Box & Bar--an instant fave for me! A very thorough workout without killing me! Kelly is in trainer mode, one-on-one with her friend & background exerciser Noelle doing all the moves. Kelly gives lots of form (& other) pointers along the way. I learned a few things even though I've been working out for 47 years (63 now - 16 when I started).
9 - 8.39 mile walk--I intended to do a shorter walk (4 or 5 miles) in keeping with my lighter workouts on Sundays. But I seriously misjudged the distance between 2 parks & it ended up being one of our longer walks this season! Oh well, unexpected calorie burn while enjoying beautiful views...

10 - Jessica Energy Boost + Dance Walk--for a total of about 26 minutes. Woke up with very low energy & sinus issues. Don't know if that long walk yesterday did me in or if I'm coming down with something. I didn't sleep well last night: neck & both shoulders were painful (possibly from using 2# weights for the boxing on Saturday??) so I kept waking up trying to find a comfortable position. Fortunately, neck & shoulders are better today. Hoping for a good sleep tonight! Also added Day 26 of Lee Holden's 30 Day Qi Gong Challenge.
11 - Rest
12 - Jessica Abs & Arms + Steppin' Strength (from Quick Walk Mix dvd) & KCM Lean Body Circuits Boxing premix--a favorite combo. Still feeling low energy even though sleep has been better. I'm putting it off to allergies & my nearly constantly mildly stuffy nose & dripping sinuses.
13 - KCM RAW Home Gym Intervals 2--did this with a Peloton ride. Feeling better today
14 - Peloton Jenn Classic Rock 1/28/20--58 min, 14.7 miles, 357 kcal.
15 - KCM Train Like a Contender Kelly's Favorite premix--first time with this premix even though I've had the dvd for a gazillion years--it's a mix of the boxing & body weight conditioning moves. DH loves to do the TLC boxing with me. We added the "8-count combo" because it's fun & we enjoy the island music!
16 - YT Angie Fitness Rock Solid Power Walk--2.02 miles, 38 min. Heard about Angie on the Coffeyfit FB group. I liked her! Very simple moves. She worked with the HR via bpm of the music (130-145); got me sweating a bit. I used 1# dbs.

17 - Peloton Denis Paul McCartney & Wings 7/19/19 + Hannah Smokey Robinson 2/13/20--64 min, 14.2 miles, 303 cal.
18 - KCM Strength & Stamina Upper Body premix + YT Angie Fitness step & boxing--was able to increase my weights on the upper body today and was able to use a 6" step with Angie since her moves are so basic.
19 - Rest
20 - YT Angie Fitness 3.6 mile walk--Well, I've come to the conclusion that I have to rest my R shoulder and give it a chance to heal. (Takes me a while, sometimes!). So I'm eliminating push ups & upper body weights and even my beloved boxing for a week to see if that helps the chronic neck & shoulder pain I've been having. Angie had some boxing today, but modified with soft, downward punches (not engaging my shoulders).
21 - 5.63 mile walk + Peloton Canadian National Parks Scenic Ride--32 min, 7.8 miles, 182 cal.
22 - KCM RAW Tone & Stretch + rehab moves
23 - YT Gina B 3 walking workouts + rehab moves--total of about 30 minutes with Gina. These walks were so much fun, really the most fun I've working out in a long time! They're light though, perfect for Sunday, but couldn't do them all the time.

24 - Peloton Jenn Classic Rock 11/11/19 + Emma Classic Rock 2/20/20 + rehab moves--64 min, 15.1 miles, 339 cal. Rode as an Endurance ride.
25 - 2 YT Angie Fitness Step + Dance Fusion + rehab moves--about 44 minutes total. I started to do the step on 6" but switched to the floor when I saw how fast she was moving. I wasn't impressed with Angie's cuing in these particular workouts; I think I had the patterns down better than she did! Ah well, got my HR up, got some steps in, burned some calories.
26 - Rest + rehab moves
27 - KCM RAW Home Gym Intervals #2--I like this format! Felt good to get back to some weights (I went lighter than I normally would have). I did it with 2 20-min Peloton rides: 42 min, 10.6 miles, 259 cal.
28 - 5.89 mile walk + Peloton JJ 80s Rock 3/25/19--32 min, 7.9 miles, 189 cal.
29 - 40 push ups + Peloton Arms Toning + KCM Build & Burn Trim & Tone Intervals--Not gonna lie: getting back to push ups was a challenge! I did them 16+16+8; no shoulder pain, I'm happy to report. Forgot what a fun, short (24 min) sweat that Trim & Tone is! I've continued shoulder rehab moves every day & will for the next few weeks, I think.

FEBRUARY TOTAL: 26/29

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 12:49 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

1 - GYM for weights and PT; Sadhana Day 39 - Jason Stephenson, The Secret Garden; 6,261 steps.

2 - Beach walk; Sadhana Day 40 - water and wind meditation; 6,689 steps.

3 - Walk around the neighborhood; RaviAna PM matrix from AM/PM; 6,319 steps.

4 - Ellen's Crunch Fat Burning Pilates. OMG I couldn't finished it, I've lost so much stamina. Also 6,025 steps and a yoga nidra from Glo.

5 - Seated Pigeon in Your Chair with Felicia Tomasko; PT; Unplugged 1916; 5,660 steps.

6 - GYM for weights and some PT; Sara Beth 15 Minute Relaxing Yoga Stretches to Unwind After Work; 7,650 steps.

7 - Block Party to Address Your Adrenals (Felicia Tomasko) and Yoga Nidra for Healing and Inspiration (Rod Stryker); 4,544 steps.

8 - Rod Stryker Return to Joy yoga nidra; GYM for recumbent bike and arc trainer; 7,400 steps.

9 - Quick walk at the beach - windy and cold! 5,668 steps.

10 - Tara Judelle, 15 Minute Shoulder Openers; KCM Lower Body Tabata on Building & Burn; my own yoga to stretch out; 6,331 steps.

11 - RaviaAna Green Energy of the Heart, both warmups; 6,177 steps.

12 - GYM for a quick blitz of lower body, chest, back and arc trainer; 7,778 steps.

13 - Caught up on my PT and did some stretching; 5,687 steps.

14 - Happy Valentine's Day! Open Your Heart yin practice with Tiffany Cruikshank; 6,237 steps.

15 - GYM for weights and recumbent bike; 5,823 steps.

16 - GYM again, treadmill and more weights; 8,448 steps.

17 - Caught up on housework; Kia Miller's Yoga Nidra with Chakra Visualization; 5,260 steps.

18 - Green Energy of the Heart - Green Energy 1 and relaxation; Tias Little Yoga Nidra From the Outside In; 5,256 steps.

19 - Nothing formal, had a cupping massage after work and Gopi Kallayil "Settling Down for Sleep" meditation on Glo; 6,475 steps.

20 - Nothing formal, Tias Little "Yoga Nidra for Deep Rest" meditation on Glo; 5,614 steps.

21 - Nothing formal; 5,710 steps.

22 - Nothing formal; 5,942 steps.

23 - Walk; PT; gym for weights; 8,932 steps.

24 - Thirty Minute Decompressor restorative practice with Mark Holzman; Rod Stryker Return to Joy yoga nidra; 5,084 steps.

25 - Lunch walk; Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox; Sarah Beth 20 Minute Bedtime Yoga for Lower Back Pain & Sciatica; 9,029 steps.

26 - Nothing formal; _____ steps.

27 -
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 02:05 PM  
Dontmindthemess

February

1. 60 min FiiT yoga class My abs are pretty sore from yesterday’s Dream Body workout! FiiT was an AMRAP: 5 walk out push-ups, 5 thrusters, 20 squats (I jumped), 30 lunges (I alternated curtsy, back and side), 20 swimmers, and 20 jumping jacks. There was a buy in and out of 50 bicycles and 30 crunches.
2. Rest

3. Dream Body Cardio: Fusion 50 + 60 min hot yoga class These dream body workouts are really tough for me! I would love to do 3 a week this month since I’m taking a warm weather vacation next month and I’d love a little extra lower body trimming I’ll just see how it goes because I could see how they could be dread inducing after a couple weeks. I really make them my own, I go slower, of course, and if I can’t do all the jumps I just take a couple out and go back. I was trying to think why they’re so much more challenging to me than regular cardio moves and I think it’s because there’s a balance element mixed in there, also there’s no breaks. Fusion 50 is 30 min of cardio using light (1lb for me) weights and 20 minutes of toning with a playground ball, light weights and a band. There’s one move that uses a slider in the cardio portion. Some of these moves are familiar to me from Barlates workouts, but the pace is slower and more controlled with Linda.
4. Romney Studios Bounce 1/31 + 60 min hot yoga class + 60 min FiiT yoga class I starting to catch on a bit more with rebounding and it seems like it makes it harder. Definitely takes some practice to get in the rhythm on that down bounce.
5. Mixxtreme Mixx I couldn’t face a Dream Body this morning since yesterday was a harder workout day. I do like this workout and it’s still tough. Lots of plank exercises in it too.
6. Romney Studios Pulse 1/30 I used 3s and 4s for the arm work. It does move fast. The standing legs used a slider and an ankle weight on the slider leg. She combined curtsy lunges with a knee lift and angled slide backs with an angled lift. All these workouts follow the same basic format but they seem like they move along nicely and I don’t find myself watching the clock either.
7. DB Fusion Mix The first and only time I did this workout I described it as humbling. It’s not easy, especially the stability ball portion, but I was definitely better at it. The inner thigh/core work is intense. There’s not a minute wasted in these, so I just take my 30 second break when I need it. Playing my own music is key.
8. 60 min FiiT yoga class I really enjoyed the format of this class. We did two different circuits of three exercises for 20 seconds each for 6 minutes total. The first circuit was more upper body: plank to bear crawl position, hand release pushups and thrusters. The first couple minutes seem easy then the upper body endurance starts kicking in. The second circuit was lower body: surrenders with a squat jump, squats, and skaters. For the squats I alternated squat jumps, squats with a knee up twist, and squat with a kick across.
9. Rest

10. DB Tabata and Toning + 60 min hot yoga class I’ve been avoiding T&T, I had read that this one is the hardest of the original series so I wasn’t looking forward to it. I actually liked it! I wasn’t timing it but I’m sure it’s not true tabatas. The first six of each circuit are cardio with an active toning recovery during the 10? second rest, then the tabatas are more toning based. The cardio repeats the same move 3 times for each side. The first circuit uses gliders so I laid out a smaller blanket on my puzzle mats, worked perfectly, maybe a little too glidy! This one is shorter (45 minutes) so it was great for a yoga day. It also had an actual stretch using the long band. I didn’t have that hard of a time keeping up but I can’t maintain their rep pace, but I’m a rep or two behind. I just use it as a guide. All the impact can easily be modified in this one.
11. 60 min FiiT yoga class This class really was tough tonight. I was actually glad that it was my only workout of the day. There were two intervals, the first wasn’t too tough after the Sun As and Bs. 4 exercises, 30 secs each repeated 4 times and they were more strength based: Walkout pushups, front lunges, chair pose with back flies, and single leg deadlifts. The second one nearly killed me: bear hold to plank with a push-up, squats, skaters, and burpees. So the burpees and half burpees end up being back to back. My shoulders are still feeling it!
12. Dream Body Barre My shoulders we’re still sore and I really struggled with the 2lb weights!!
13. Yvette Bachman All our Step Aerobics with a Latin flair Fun step workout with only a few thruster and plank exercises. That’s why I picked it!!
14. Dream Body Bikini Bootcamp This seemed a lot easier this time but it was still sweaty. I was able to mostly keep up with the advanced version and the pace was fast but it didn’t seem out of control this time, even the front back kicks. The cardio/toning time is 40/20 and I it was the very last section of cardio (5-10mins) that caught up to me. The floorwork was outer thighs and glute bridge and that was tough, especially the bridge work. I felt this workout was more on the cardio end of the scale as a whole.
15. 60 min FiiT yoga class 10 min AMRAP of 5 walk out pushups, 20 squats, 5 jump squats with a run back, 20 chair refly, 20 skaters, 5 half burpees. Then we did a shorter plank/low back circuit later where she had us do each exercise for 30 seconds each with no rest. Great lower body work but thankfully not as hard as Tuesday night.
16. Rest

17. Dream Body Fusion with Brooke + 60 min hot yoga class This fusion is about 45 min so it’s a great fit before yoga. I definitely didn’t wake up feeling it today, I had to make myself do that Dream body workout and it felt hard but it was smoother than last time since I had a better idea of what was coming next. I realized that what makes the cardio hard in this one is that it’s almost all done one legged: jump lunges, squat into a straight leg kick with a jump, squat with a ballet kick back while jumping. I just do as many as I can, take the jump out for a few then go back. This one uses the stability ball in the last section for inner thigh/core and I swear it feels like a 10 pound weight by the end! I think I’m going to cycle through the first set again, it seems like there’s a learning curve to them. It doesn’t make them easier but I’m better at following along.
18. Yvette Bachman Cardio Kettlebell Mashup (45min) + 60 min hot yoga class This Yvette is really fun and isn’t super tough either. 60 min FiiT yoga class More endurance style and it left me with sore hamstrings!
19. Barlates Endurance 90 total body I needed something familiar and easier today. Sometimes Tuesdays leave me wiped out.
20. Barlates Endurance 100 Up and Down + 60 min FiiT yoga class
21. Barlates Total 20 Flow + Tonique Energy Stretch
22. 60 min FiiT yoga class
23. Rest

24. Yvette Bachman Bust your Butt Cardio (45 min) + 60 min hot yoga class Yvette’s workout has a silly but fun 90s soundtrack. It starts with the 8 inch step in a vertical position and 30/10 HiiT intervals. Some of the intervals are tough, there’s a lot of thruster and kick up exercises with your hands on the step but Yvette does add in a lot of recovery intervals to make it very doable. So while the higher step makes the step moves harder it makes the thruster moves easier. I had to stop at the 45 min mark where Yvette turns the step laterally. She then does loop exercises that look awesome. I’ll definitely revisit this one in it’s entirety.
25. Barlates Endurance 110 Cardio Sculpt + 60 min hot yoga class These Barlates endurance workouts feel a lot easier after my little stint with Dream body. This one is definitely a favorite, the exercises are mostly combinations so they seem a little easier and are more interesting. I also think this one has a nice balance between upper and lower exercises.
26. Yvette Bachman Cardio Kickboxing Core Class I think I got this one confused with another of Yvette’s kickboxing ones. No worries but I thought it had more core and bodyweight work interspersed into the workout. This one uses a medicine ball at the end.
27. Barlates Endurance 120 1+2=3 This is the best I’ve felt doing this workout but the interval that just switch, switch, kick gets me every time. Lots of up and down and kicks in this one.
28. Barlates Endurance 120 Lower and Obliques and Target 15 Glutes L&O is really a good workout, the moves are different and interesting without being awkward and it really had me breathing too. Somehow I think I like 1+2=3 better just because it’s more total body and that always seems easier for me. I think this is the first time I did Target 15 glutes, it uses a stability ball which was a little awkward for some of the moves. Maybe my least favorite of the Target 15s, but the good ones are so good!
29. 60 min FiiT yoga class Leap day! It’s like an extra day We did a 12 min EMOM: odd number minutes were 15 squat jumps, 5 burpees, and 20 block taps. Even number minutes were 8 side lunges, 4 walk out pushups, and 10 leg lowers. This was tough and I loved it. It was like and old FiiT class.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 05:31 PM  
clerkin11

February

1) Yvette Bachman Bosu Cardio with Legs & Back (but I skipped back because I did Xtrain back yesterday) plus Barlates Stability Ball Butt workout. I was intrigued by people's love of the bosu and I know they use them for PT, so I was surprised by how I fell over into the hearth of the fireplace when I was trying one of the moves (both hands on bosu and kick up and over - or side to side? I guess). I am not coordinated enough for that yet, but the rest of the workout really was a LOT of fun and the music is great too. The barlates workout was a nice add-on.
2) rest
3) LMOD Body Combat #78 - 45 minute version - not as fun as 77, but still a fun workout.
4) walk 45 minutes
5) Cathe Live Ramped Up Total Body #281 - good total body workout - 7 upper, 7 lower, 7 upper, 7 lower - it flies by even though it's almost an hour long
6) walk 45 minutes
7) Sweatflix BR20 -Glutes & Hams plus Sh'Bam 30 minute (#35) - the sweatflix one was straight strength - no wu or cd - 4 rounds of glute & hamstring exercises. I liked it but I always want a little cardio burn so I tried a Sh'bam from LMOD - so fun!!!! And great ab workout too. I will need to remember to do more of these.
8) rest - had some decluttering/organizing to do and we went to the hospital to see Kian. He had to have the tracheotomy on Monday, which was ok except that on Saturday when we were there he was throwing up. I got to hold him for the first time since he's been in the hospital, which was wonderful and terrifying. We had to call the ICU nurses a few times. It's so hard to watch a baby go through this. He has to start chemo on Wednesday and I'm so worried what effect that will have on him. Holding him now versus before, I could really feel the muscle loss in his legs. It's not right!!
9) Snowshoeing with my DH and the dogs - it was a gorgeous day out and my husband talked me into snowshoeing. I was a little resistant to go, but I loved it. Happy for the fresh air, sunshine and good health to be able to get out there.
10) Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio & Weights with Step - wow! Cathe must've had her wheaties the morning she did this one. It was tough. It was good, but not a high fun factor. The class was even very quiet. She kept asking why everyone was so quiet. We were all just trying to breath.
11) walk 40 minutes
12) LMOD Bodypump 110 55 minutes - just for a change of pace did a bodypump workout. It was good. I didn't go super high with my barbell, but it was still a decent workout. It was done outside in a super gorgeous place, so the scenery was spectacular.
13) walk 40 minutes
14) LMOD Body Combat #80 45 minutes - this one was also outside - just gorgeous. and Dan & Rach said they were celebrating 20 YEARS of doing BC together. Where does the time go?!?!
15) had to work all day then went to the hospital to hang out with my niece and baby Kian. He started chemo this week and she said he's been throwing up and having diarrhea all week. While we were there, he crashed and the nurses had to run in and save him. My poor niece was shook up!! I think it must be especially tough because they have a 4 year old, so she and her husband aren't at the hospital together - they switch off. So when this kind of thing happens, she's alone. I pray constantly for Kian to make it and for his parents to have a boring day at the hospital.
16) Cathe Live Better Body Bootcamp - This was 6 rounds of cardio and strength using the step. It was fun and a good calorie burn - what more could I ask for lol?
17) Sh'Bam - only about 30 minutes and my boss called me and talked for 20 minutes - arghh!! It was really fun and I'm so glad I got in something - just not all I was hoping to do.
18) walk 40 minutes
19) Cathe Live Legs for Days - tough but fun - she really works on your range of motion and depth of motion. I definitely felt this one!!
20) Cathe Live Low Impact Hard Strikes - wanted some Cathe boxing today and this one is one of my favorites - good cardio, good calorie burn, a little strength at the end.
21) walk 40 minutes
22) rest (and taxes)
23) decluttering
24) Cathe Low Impact Circuit - oldie but goodie!! Fun step and some upper body work.
25) walk 40 minutes
26) LMOD Body Combat #79 (the 45 minute version) - very fun cardio with lots of kicking. Plus some lower body glute exercises.
27) walk 40 minutes
28) Cathe Live Metabolic Madness
29) rest
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 06:42 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

February 2020!

1 Ellen Barrett - Modern Intervals - 45 minutes & Zen Stretch - 15 minutes
2 Dog Walk - 30 minutes; Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Evening Practice - 30 minutes
3 Ellen Barrett - Barre Conditioning - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - R & S Retreat - Day 2: Strength & Balance - 18 minutes; Jane Adams - Balance & Strength: Lower Body Stretches - 13 minutes
4 Pilates Nest - Peace Love Pilates - 30 minutes
5 Bar Method - Beginner Burn - 45 minutes; Ellen Barrett - Power Express - 15 minutes; Pilates Nest - R & S Retreat - Day 3: Stretch & Soothe - 20 minutes; Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Relief from Desk & Computer Work - 18 minutes
6 Pilates Nest - Pilates for Bone Health & Balance - 35 minutes
7 Ellen Barrett - Stretch Sculpt - 30 minutes;Pilates Nest - R & S Retreat - Day 4: Embrace & Empower - 15 minutes
8 Ellen Barrett - Total Body Tune Up - 45 minutes
9 Ellen Barrett - Express Belly Blast: Warmup, Cardio Intervals, Metabolism Boost - 34 minutes; Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Core Strength & Flexibility - 34 minutes
10 Rest Day
11 Ellen Barrett - Peace Love Cardio - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Lower Body Love - 17 minutes
12 Ellen Barrett - Modern Intervals - 45 minutes; Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 18 minutes
13 Ellen Barrett - Sleek Side Body - 15 minutes & Sunset Stretch - 15 minutes
14 Ellen Barrett - Super Fast Body Blast - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hamstrings - 15 minutes
15 Ellen Barrett - Slim Sculpt - 45 minutes; Dog Walk - 30 minutes
16 Pilates Nest - Peace Love Pilates - 30 minutes; Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Standing Poses - Flowing and Traditional - 23 minutes; Dog Walk - 30 minutes
17 Ellen Barrett - Power Fusion - 45 minutes; Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Posture Health - 10 minutes
18 Pilates Nest - Strengthen & Stretch Band Pilates - 18 minutes
19 Ellen Barrett - Prayer Flow - 30 minutes
20 Ellen Barrett - Fusion Flow - 45 minutes; Xtend Barre - Signature Express - 15 minutes
21 Ellen Barrett - Power 15; Xtend Barre - Core Express - 15 minutes
22 Ellen Barrett - Barre Conditioning - 30 minutes; Dog Walk - 45 minutes
23 Ellen Barrett - Quick Cardio - 15 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Lower Back Pain - 10 minutes & Sciatica Pain Relief Exercises - 13 minutes; Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Improving Balance - 22 minutes
24 Walk - No Dogs - 30 minutes; Ellen Barrett - Yoga Tone - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Lower Body Tone - 10 minutes & Sciatica Pain Relief Exercises - 13 minutes
25 GHUTV - One Mile Power Walk - 16 mnutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Upper Body Strengthen & Sculpt - 10 minutes
26 Walk 15 - 5 Mile Walk: Mile 1 - 14 minutes; Ellen Barrett - Ballet Sculpt with Weights - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Stretch & Calm - 15 minutes
27 Dog Walk - 30 minutes; KCM - 30 MTF: Strong & Lean - Workout 1 - 30 minutes
28 Dog Walk - 35 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Full Body Fusion - 10 minutes
29 Ellen Barrett - Grace & Gusto - 45 minutes

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts