Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-15-20, 10:39 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Way to go, Cleda! Sorry you've had an emotional week, here's hoping you are on the other side now. When you write about the Cold Play ride, you make me wish I had tried the Peloton app instead of the Les Mills. But, I am really enjoying the LM and Peloton will be there when I need a change.

2/13 - was planning on running in the afternoon after the rain stopped, but the rain didn't stop on schedule. I did 50 minutes with Leslie instead.
2/14 - run day, very cold, 30ish degrees (-1C) with wind chill in the 20's, but I got it done! Plus, another straight run with no walking breaks! 3.52 miles on a flat paved trail. I would like to be able to run 4 miles by the end of this month, and I think that is attainable.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 05:47 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
Cold Play My family have a running gag about me not knowing band names that started with me asking "What's cold play?"
((hugs)) for your rough week - it's rugged losing peers.

LILI
Thank you for the temp conversion ; but you went OUTSIDE?
VOLUNTARILY?
in -1Cº??
with a wind chill down to -7Cº

I am a vile, slothful, loathesomely lazy waste of breath.

HONEY, MENA, KAY
WAVES!

Oh dear, AND I've become a weekly poster.

Honestly, all I've done all week is
9/29 ; 35/366 Tue = Derby training, 2 hrs
10/29; 36/366 Wed = school walking, brisk pace 1 hour
11/29; 37 366 Sun = Derby training, 2 hrs
14/29; 40/366 3 dog walks, typically about an hour - DH took her other days whilst I was at work.

Also done some skate putzing, as we cleared an area at home & rigged up a tubing thing for a particular skill that mimics someone pushing me from behind & I have to try not to budge, sitting in a low squat.

No buddy turning up to nudge me into action, and work is back....
The HERD didn't totally move in, but they're hovering just around the corner.
- see how they're moving away?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 11:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Let that HERD

HELEN: Move on down the road. you don't need them. You've got us (and we'll help in the absence of your workout buddy.) Your skating workouts are something else again. WOW ....

Lili: I'm shivering just reading about your running outside. Nope. Shakes head. Wouldn't be me. Go get 'em.

Me, me and all me. . .

2/15/2020: Denis Morton's 45 minute Power Zone ride for the Challenge, Matt Wilper's Power Zone 30 minute ride (for the extra credit), Ally Love's 10 minute cool down ride + 2 stretches.

That's it ... short and sweet ... gotta go hit the bike!
Make it a great day and waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 12:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Truth be told, I would much rather run in the cold than the heat! I actually felt exhilarated after the cold run!

2/15 - poor night's sleep, felt tired all day, despite naps, so it was 2 miles with Leslie just to do something. I was tempted to just call it a rest day, but I persevered!

Today will be some kind of weight work, probably Body Pump.

15/29

Old 02-16-20, 08:03 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday night

Lili: You showed up!! You persevered. Wahhhoooo.... (nope on the cold - give me the warmth.)

2/16/2020: MW 45 minute Power Zone ride - this was a tough one. 8 minutes zone 4. 3 minutes recovery zone 1. 10 minutes of 45 seconds zone 5, 15 seconds zone 1 - for 10 times, 3 minute recovery zone 1, then 8 more minutes in zone 4 (just at lactate threshold). Oddly? It was fine. Challenging, but I wasn't dieing. Must be getting better. Followed by a 20 minute Broadway Ride (theme ride for Black History Month) with Ally Love, 10 minute cool down ride with Ben Aldis (to try him out - meh.) and a 10 minute stretch. Walked at the park later in the day to finish up some Pokemon go tasks for the Valentine's day special. Once tomorrow at 10 pm. comes, it will be MUCH harder to finish the. Then there's work ... so I got 'er done!

That's all she wrote. Onward to another week.
Good night all!
Cleda
Old 02-17-20, 04:56 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/16 - BodyPump #105, 55 minutes and I did the whole thing, minus some of the planks. I'm either seeing real improvement or this was an easier one.
2/17 - started to do a Les Mills HIIT cardio, but after 8 minutes I realized it was too much for me. I switched to 2 miles with Leslie.

17/29

Old 02-18-20, 11:36 PM  
honey

Hello, my fellow everyday workout buddies! Cleda, Lili, and Helen, good to see you all keep the fitness going - despite travel, busy days, crazy weather, missing workout partners.

I'm still on the wagon - I'm past the halfway point on the Morning Meltdown 100 (today was workout 56). I did have one day where I didn't do a video workout, but I hopped on the elliptical and hit my step target.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 09:14 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Waves at Honey

Honey: So good to see you. See - we're in your head. In the back of your mind. Keep you going. that's the wonderful thing about us Every Dayers. There's always one or two of us or three or four on a good month, that keeps us going. And it's not always the same ones, but we make it work!!!! Good for you on the halfway through 100 days (more than halfway if my math skills are on target. lol!!!)

Lili: Good for you knowing what you can and cannot do. No sense doing things that are too hard for us or we know aren't "right". (Not to be confused with things we don't like to do because we don't want to ... thin line. We all know it!!!)

On to me, me and all me. . .

2/17/2020: Matt Wilper's called for PZ ride 45 minutes. Tough tough ride (if I remember correctly) followed by Sundays with Love (Ally Love) 30 minutes and the virtue for this week/ride (cuz it was ON demand) was: RESPONSIBILITY. Not to ourselves, but to others. It was ok .... Not my favorite!!! I'm going to slowly make my way through all of her Sundays with Love. That's the goal. Then I did a stretch

2/18/2020: Denis Morton Power Zone ride - 45 minutes - fairly easy if I remember. (My zones are getting easier, so I am DEFINITELY retesting before the next one. Then I'll be cursing at myself for doing that but it's the only way I will get better. So be prepared for whining about exhaustion and zone 4 being a huge struggle. )

Ok, I'll do some sort of workout later. Not sure what.

Waves to all and Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 02-19-20, 06:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Honey - nice job continuing with the 100 workouts! I'm not sure I could ever do that.
Cleda - my cardio capacity has definitely improved, but my knees will never let me do some things, even if I wanted to (and I don't - burpees!). I can handle HIIT, but there weren't any breaks in this. I thought the whole idea of HIIT was to spike your heart rate, then bring it back down, repeat.

2/18 - 4.14 mile run! No walking! YES!
2/19 - dog walk, then Les Mills rotation, BodyBalance, a yoga/stretch thing that felt really good! Then 1 mile with Leslie and her bands.

19/29

Old 02-20-20, 07:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/20 - Les Mills BodyCombat #77. Their kickboxing is a little different than others that I’ve done, but I like them and they can be intense.

20/29