Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-14-20, 06:15 PM  
patchworkpenguin

The interview didn't go well. Once again the person who was supposed to interview him didn't show up and passed him on to someone else. I don't care if they do offer him a job, I don't want him working there.

Happy Valentine's Palentine's to everyone!

I finally got in another workout Pahla B's 20 Min Run/Walk {30min with WU and CD}. I subbed other steps such as v step for the running to add interest.

Sherri, I hope your dog is doing better by now. Years ago our older dog had to have ACL surgery, and they said it was an 80% chance she would have to have the other, which she did several years later.

Nora, I like that you are getting in so many different kinds of workouts.

SB, I don't like longer workouts either, I start to lose interest around the 45min mark unless its weights and we are doing different things. Then can go a bit longer. its bright and sunny outside but only 36*. Hubby braved the cold for a run to the store but I'm not going out there!

Tammie, a lot of the YT workouts I'm picking are the same moves over and over, mostly HIIT. I'm getting a little discouraged. I can't do anything too complicated but I'd like something a bit more interesting than 'here's another variation on a burpee"

Have a great weekend

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

We're actually having some cold winter weather here for a few days. Yesterday I did a kickboxing premix from KCM's Build & Burn set and added on the waist trimmer from 10 MS Rapid Results pilates. I love that waist segment. I'm a little tired today from work and I have work again this afternoon so I'll try to fit something short and sweet in.

SHERRI, nice workouts and work for you last week. I hope your poor dog heals quickly.

NORA, nice workout mix. The mall walk sounds fun, a nice alternative in the cold weather.

PENGUIN, nice job with Pahla B. Ugh on that job interview. Very unacceptable
behavior. We had windchills in the teens yesterday and it was 10 degrees this morning real temp. It's gonna get back up to moderate temps in a few days though so hopefully some outdoor walks for me this coming week.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 05:50 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well Sherri- I tried 4DS kickboxing, since you said you liked it. I liked the warm up, but dumped out 1 minute into the actual workout. A for effort, no? Then I did the leg section. I wasn't going to, but in the end wanted to finish my objective for the week. Mission accomplished.

PP - Sorry about the bad interview for DH. I hope something works out soon.

Today: Stepology (Marcus Prolos)
Old 02-17-20, 12:42 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, way too cold for me!

Nora, good try on the Kboxing workout and finishing your plan.

We went to another Arkansas lake Saturday, while the lake did have water, the weather was much colder than expected at 48*and windy. The only one that had fun was Cindy. We did do a short hike but more to look around than anything. The lake was small and while it had a few campsites packed together it seemed to be geared more toward fishing/lake access than anything else. I think it had a few trails but we just walked around the waters edge and around the road a bit.

Hope you guys are well.

Old 02-18-20, 10:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 45 minute walk with DS. Our brief cold snap is over already and it was almost 50 degrees yesterday. I worked 3 days in a row over the weekend and I'm not used to that anymore. I was wiped out yesterday.
I don't know how I used to do all those double shifts before I "semi-retired."
Today is cloudy and there may be some showers later so I'll try to fit in a walk if it stays dry. I'm hoping for some weight work or pilates too.

PENGUIN, your day at the lake sounds lovely even though it was colder than you expected.

NORA, nice step workout.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-18-20, 04:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today is raining off and on. We had a thunderstorm this morning around 8am. I felt sorry for the garbage men who were out there. I heard the truck right before a big kaboom! The temps aren't great at 46* but we have some errands to run later. yuck!

Hubby is working on the floor of the camper. If it had been fixed earlier we could be taking all kinds of trips, I think that got him motivated again.

I'm a bit conflicted about today's workout. This was the second try of Tracy Campoli. I tried her once before and thought 'meh'. I tried her again and thought the workout was good, while she was encouraging she was also annoying and there were two video testimonials during the workout water breaks. Mostly they were commercials for her paid subscription. Big turnoff. Most of her video workouts are less than 10m and I don't have the patience to string them together.

SB, I used to work in a bakery and was on my feet all the time. I don't know how I did it. Now I just want to sit down, especially if I'm standing in place a lot.

Old 02-19-20, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 48 minute walk with DS. We made it before the showers came in. I didn't add anything on but I really should have. I am hoping to walk today and do some weight work or pilates too.

PENGUIN, I'm glad you enjoyed the workout even if the instructor was annoying.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-20-20, 10:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the entire CF Body Sculpt dvd. Yowza. Tough but good stuff.
Then I did a 43 minute outdoor walk in the afternoon. Also a burst and some kettlebell swings. I'm going to try to sprinkle in kettlebell swings throughout the day in addition to my walks and workouts. I am planning a walk and hopefully more today.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-20-20, 05:01 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We did a lot of running around yesterday, or in my case waddling around. My previous workout included squats and plies which I hadn't done in a long time, so they made me very sore. Walking was okay but getting in and out of the truck was fun. Ha ha

Today I did Gymra's 35m Fat Torching cardio workout. Steady state with 30 second intervals. I thought this was great, no chance to get bored here, but about the time I thought the workout would be over, because we had done so many things already we were only halfway though. Interesting perspective lesson there. It was still a good workout. I need to remember to check them out more often.

SB it sounds like your keeping busy and I hope you enjoyed your walk. The sun is shining but its 44* outside. A bit too cold for me.

Old 02-20-20, 07:11 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I'd better write down my workouts before I forget.

Monday: Tom Holland Total Body Sculpt
Tuesday: Frederick Sjoberg Aerobic Dance
Wednesday: Frederick's Swedish Step plus Legs and Shoulders from Jari Love's Ripped and Jacked
Today: Rob Glick for cardio plus chest and back from J&R

SB- I have that CF one, I think. Do you just ff through the warm up for each segment, or what? That annoys me in the leg/glute one, but can't remember if it's the case with the one you did.

PP- no pity on the 44F. None whatsoever!