Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-20, 03:25 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules. I hope your daughter gets well soon. I suspect you're right about her busy and tough schedule. Neither one of my boys ever got tonsillitis at all when they were kids so guess I was lucky.

I am having fun working thru my new Cathe's, even if they are oldies.
I haven't tried any of the LM Hybrids either, but they look interesting.

Today I mixed in some Group Rx Boot #4 to my schedule. All bodyweight moves with strength, balance and cardio all mixed in. I love these! Just to kind of mix things up a little.

Almost the weekend already!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 01:00 PM  
Jules

Happy Friday! When I got home from work yesterday my daughter had a 103.4 degree fever so I took her to urgent care. She tested negative for strep, the flu and mono. The doctor still prescribed prednisone and antibiotics since her throat was so swollen. The meds are working and my daughter is already feeling a lot better - her fever broke and throat is healing.

For my workout today I did BodyPump 87. This one wasn't quite as much fun as some of the previous BP's, but I burned 50 more calories than I usually do with BodyPump. The lunge track is killer hard!

Kate - I wish the Group Rx workouts were less expensive. I guess you can save by buying in bulk tho.

TGIF!
Jules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:37 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I picked up my Group Rx workouts when they had a closeout sale. They were all 9.99 so I grabbed a few. It kind of looks like they are really changing their workouts. I was told by a rep that they weren't even doing Boot workouts anymore.
Really glad your daughter is better.

Today I kind of had a bummer workout. I was going to do Cathe's High Step Training but my dvd wouldn't play. Not in my dvd player or my laptop. Guess it's just too old. So I scrambled and grabbed Body Combat 52. So certainly not a wasted workout but not what I wanted to do.
I did amp it up by using my weighted gloves (2lbs each) and really can feel my arms and my back/lats! I LOVE BC's!

Still doing Yoga just about every day. M-F for sure. Still meditating every morning and sometimes in the afternoon if I have time.

Have a great weekend!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-24-20, 01:09 PM  
Jules

Just doing a quick check-in here before I go to work. Today I did BodyPump 88. The whole workout was led by Glenn with a group of "The Kids" backing him up including a young Reagan and Emma V. It had another tough lunge track set to "Work Hard, Play Hard" and triceps were a burner.

On Saturday we went downhill skiing. I had some kind of a stomach bug all weekend and still have it a little bit, but the exercise actually helps me feel a little better (probably the endorphins.)

Last week of b-ball for my daughter - yeah! Then I won't have to drive so much for a while.

Kate- bummer about High Step Training. I guess you can get the download the next time there is a sale?
Old 02-24-20, 03:51 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Jules! BP88 is one I don't have. Sounds fun! I see there is the 30 minute version on LMOD, but not the full length. Might have to check it out!
I'm so sorry you and your family have been fighting so many bugs! That time of year I guess and lots of kids at school. Stay well! I'm glad you have felt ok to exercise!

I worked out a deal to get High Step Training, so all good. Since it's an older workout it wasn't too hard to trade for.

Today was Cathe's Power Hour. SO much like Body Pump but without the great music and LM people. I'm jaded because I love LM so much but this is really a good workout. I worked hard, usually heavier than Cathe, sometimes the same. The high reps put on a good burn and I'm feeling it right now.

This week will be another mix of Cathe and Michelle so far.

Have a great week!

Old 02-26-20, 11:49 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi again!
I'm LOVING my new Cathe workouts. At least new to me. Many of them are actually old workouts.

Yesterday I did Cathe Interval Max. I had this one years ago but when I gained weight it was too hard to do with the impact. Now it's great! And fun. Not killer hard and I just used one riser instead of two since I was not used to the moves. But easy to catch on to and good cardio!

Today I did Peak 10 More Cardio Strength. I sure do like these but I sure can't go heavy. Not with Michelle's pace and some of the moves. Very metabolic though and my HR stayed up. Another good interval workout. Still using 8s and 10s as I still haven't picked up any 12s. But I forgot I had a pair of 1.5lb wrist/ankle weights that I could use.

Hope your workouts are all kick butt and that everyone is well.

Old 02-27-20, 11:58 AM  
Jules

Hiya! Sorry I've been MIA - it has been a busy week! I got called in to sub on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, which kind of threw off my schedule. I did make myself work out in the evenings even tho I didn't feel like it, ha ha.

No phone call today, so I got to do my workout as planned - Studio Sweat "Ridin' with Rebecca." Rebecca always pushes her class hard, so it was an intense one.

Tuesday, I did BodyCombat 68. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Last night I did BodyPump 89. It was filmed in Sweden with a huge cast. It wasn't my favorite BP but it got the job done. I am looking forward to doing BP 90 next.

Kate-Glad to hear you are having a blast with Cathe's older workouts! I agree with you on Power Hour. It is good, but it doesn't give me quite the "feel-good" high I get from BodyPump. I think I read somewhere that Cathe used to be a certified as a Les Mills instructor at her old gym?
Old 02-28-20, 12:19 PM  
Jules

Fabulous Friday!

Today I did BodyPump 90 - great workout! The shoulder track was super challenging. After school I am joining in with some of the staff to do a 30 minute yoga session led by our school counselor. i am looking forward to it! My daughter is playing in the end of the season b-ball tournament today and possibly tomorrow. My son is helping with the scoreboard, so we will be there late. I will probably need to go in first thing tomorrow morning as well to help with concessions. We shall see...

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-28-20, 12:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules!!! Wow Friday already! Where does the time go?
You sure make we want to revisit some of the Pumps! So little time so many workout!
I didn't know Cathe was LM certified!
Have fun with your Yoga!

Today I went to a Power Music Group Rx workout called Axis. Total body with weights and bodyweight with a very strong core focus (your axis). They are 30 minutes each so I put two together and I can totally feel my abs and back! LOVE these! Very challenging. 10 lb dumbells get heavy in these.

still fitting in Yoga every day at lunch and meditating every day.
Have a great weekend!

Old 03-02-20, 10:48 PM  
Jules

Happy March! In like a lion...

Just saw a bunch of new releases on LMOD! I can't wait to test drive some this week!

We had the day off from school today so we went downhill skiing. I got up early on Saturday to help out with the b-ball tournament and did not sleep well the night before. I napped after the tourney, did Cathe's Party Rockin' Step 2, and then I napped again. Yesterday I did BP 91.

I LOVE BP 92 and it is next on my list, but I may have to postpone it, because BP 111 looks fab. The new stage is beautiful! BC 81 has an amazing crew and The Trip 18 looks great too. Decisions, decisions.

ETA: I ended up doing BP 92 since it is one of my faves. It did not disappoint!