Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-20, 09:10 AM  
buffmama

Wanted to add Lands End to the list of great customer service.
Old 02-18-20, 09:40 AM  
TracyQ

Sorry you’re having trouble with streaming. I got a yearly Studio Sweat on Demand subscription at the end of December and have been having problems with it freezing. It is so frustrating when you are in the middle of a workout and have to deal with that. Sorry I don’t have any advice but wanted to let you know I feel your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I agree with Chewy.com having great customer service. A few years ago I ordered an urn for my two Norfolks' ashes. I ordered the wrong size and asked to return it for the correct size. They had me order the correct size, they credited the price I had paid for the incorrect size, didn't charge a new shipping fee and told me to keep the wrong one. The icing on the cake - I received a handwritten condolence note a couple of weeks later expressing sympathy for the loss of my dog.

Carol
That was so nice. Chewy.com is the best. I ordered two pairs of boots for my rescue dog who came from San Antonio and refused to go outside during her first winter in New England. She was between sizes and I didn’t have time to waste so I got both. She totally hated them and refused to wear them. I called Chewy to request a return and they told me to donate them to a shelter. After that I was a customer for life.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 12:30 PM  
Fidget Queen

I have written to businesses, more times than I ever even want to count "If you think gas lighting your customers is the way to retain business, you might want to rethink that."

But, yes, this is what these companies do on an almost compulsive level. Blame the customer, no matter what. There's very little recourse anymore.

This has been my year of trying out a lot of streaming. It's been a bad year and so it's like how I used to binge buy DVDs. I've had some good and bad experiences, for sure.

I'm having a small battle with Margaret's streaming. To be fair to her, she was instantly responsive, but had to turn me over the service who does her streaming. While my payment to them was taken out of my checking account via PayPal, and it has never been returned, they are claiming that my payment was "revoked" after a few days, so they cut me off my plan. I never revoked it. PayPal never revoked it. The money is still gone from my checking and nothing has been refunded. And they won't budge on the response. They tell me to simply sign up again - except I can't even sign in without automatically purchasing a yearly plan - the page won't let me do anything, and I mean anything, else. I was actually really enjoying the stuff a lot - she has a lot of seasons on there and I was having fun.

I want to shout out to Leah Sarago, though. For some reason, my CC info disappeared from my streaming account. So when they went to charge my card for the next month, they weren't able to. And they did not cancel my service. I simply got an email stating they couldn't charge me, and they will try again in a week. That showed a lot of faith and is the exact opposite of what I'm dealing with on the other one.

Oh, also, KineticFlix. We had issue with shipping during the holiday season and they've been so wonderful to deal with. I think an other kind of customer service and I'd have cancelled very quickly. But they truly try to make it right.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:57 PM  
laurajhawk

No one’s mentioned Mary yet? Mary Crowder, Total Fitness DVDs and OriActive. Great service every time no matter what.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 03:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
No one’s mentioned Mary yet? Mary Crowder, Total Fitness DVDs and OriActive. Great service every time no matter what.
She's been mentioned multiple times. Myself included

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:23 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I have to second Jessica Smith...amazing customer service! And Total Fitness!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 07:09 AM  
Rhonda

I have to also say Chewy.com is great. I have received cat food ripped opened because of they package it with heavy items and I have emailed them (even on weekends) and get a reply right away saying they are shipping another bag or whatever it was, at their expense and to either keep or give to shelter.

this has happened more than once and each time they are gracious even when I say I just want to inform them and not to get something in return but they always fulfill it. I also get a Christmas card from them every year or I should say our cat does.

Mary at TotalFitness she is great.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 11:55 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Not really terrible CS, but lousy communication: I've been doing the Les Mills Body Combat Invincible series on YouTube and my shoes are too grippy to pivot on carpet. I've wanted snazzier, lighter shoes anyway so went to Reebok's site to check out the ones they're wearing in the videos and found a past season pair I really liked on clearance, and the reviews said they were not very grippy, so all good.

Except 4 days after I put in the order, I got an email saying my order had been delayed, that it was "received and waiting to be packed." As of today I had not heard anything more so I finally called, and sure enough they didn't actually have those shoes anymore and my order was on "backorder" status. Since they're past season clearance, they'll never get them in again so I requested the order be cancelled. How long were they going to sit on my money?

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 03:12 PM  
BunnyHop

I've recently been messaging back and forth with the manager at my local library. The software interface is really not a very user friendly one, and kind of frustrating.

She's been super helpful, and I'm really grateful to her for her patience.

Tags
bad customer service