Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-20, 06:18 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
OK, I've never used Chewy.com. Who does their deliveries? Is UPS an option? Because USPS sucks big time here. And FedEx either refuses to drive up to our remote location. Or, they get lost.

Anything I need to know about ordering from them?

ETA: Also, how does it work if your pet is on a prescription food?
I have been using Chewy since they were a start-up. I'll get to the prescription side in a moment.

All my regular food orders and items are always delivered by Fed Ex. Unless something is out of stock (and before the pandemic), everything would be delivered to me within 1 day. I'm in NY and the closest warehouse is in PA. They are efficient, nice, really the best of the best.

Prescription food - I have never had to order prescription food but did have to order a prescription for my cat, who passed 2 weeks ago. This was a HORRIBLE experience.

My vet diagnosed her on a Tuesday morning and immediately had Chewy on the phone by 9am. I followed-up by 10:30 when I got home and we both told Chewy that this was life-saving medication, to please expedite this as quickly as possible. We're talking about a $300+ medication. They assured us that they would.

That afternoon, I called because I hadn't received a shipping notice. They said even though the pharmacist spoke with the vet, it wasn't approved by 3pm, their shipping cut-off time. It would be shipped on Wednesday. I told them once again how dire the situation was.

Fast forward to many crying, pleading phone calls - it wasn't shipped until Friday, received on Saturday. The last customer service rep I spoke with on Friday morning told me they would ship it overnight to make sure I received it the next day - also Fed Ex. Apologized profusely but too little too late.

So, beware ordering from Chewy for prescriptions. Meds and prescription foods come from Arizona so that would have made the shipping time far longer. I will never, ever order prescriptions from them again, especially if it is an urgent matter.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 07:11 AM  
Rhonda

I love Chewy. I also open the box outside just because it is awkward to carry and heavy. I always get my cat litter and food from them. In normal circumstances I get my order in no more than 2 days. Unfortunately with the virus it has slowed everything and my last order took a week to ship out but delivered quickly.

They are a great company and I have had some issues with them packaging the litter in with bags of food and the food bag would break open because of the heavy litter containers. I would email them and they would respond quickly even on weekends and they always have replaced whatever needed to be replaced at no charge. I always tell them I am not looking for anything just wanted them to know that the way it was packaged damaged some goods. I know these are extreme times we are living in now so not sure how fast they are responding but I really like this company and I always get a Christmas from them for the pets.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 09:13 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I'm in rural Oklahoma and fedex delivers our Chewy orders.
Old 04-10-20, 02:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We received our litter from Chewy.com. It came via FedEx. Yay!

I'm going to look in to the prescription cat food for our boys.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 08:20 PM  
Bubbeez

<<
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 09:35 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Prescription food - I have never had to order prescription food but did have to order a prescription for my cat, who passed 2 weeks ago. This was a HORRIBLE experience.

My vet diagnosed her on a Tuesday morning and immediately had Chewy on the phone by 9am. I followed-up by 10:30 when I got home and we both told Chewy that this was life-saving medication, to please expedite this as quickly as possible. We're talking about a $300+ medication. They assured us that they would.

That afternoon, I called because I hadn't received a shipping notice. They said even though the pharmacist spoke with the vet, it wasn't approved by 3pm, their shipping cut-off time. It would be shipped on Wednesday. I told them once again how dire the situation was.

Fast forward to many crying, pleading phone calls - it wasn't shipped until Friday, received on Saturday. The last customer service rep I spoke with on Friday morning told me they would ship it overnight to make sure I received it the next day - also Fed Ex. Apologized profusely but too little too late.

So, beware ordering from Chewy for prescriptions. Meds and prescription foods come from Arizona so that would have made the shipping time far longer. I will never, ever order prescriptions from them again, especially if it is an urgent matter.

Diane
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your cat. It is really hard to lose a fur baby. I'm also sorry that you had such a bad experience with Chewy, which no doubt made a stressful time even worse.

We recently found out that our cat has a heart condition. I was surprised when the kitty cardiologist said the med she was prescribing for him could be purchased through their office or she could call a script in to our grocery store pharmacy. I had no idea that was possible. I'm not sure if that only applied to this particular medication or if people pharmacies carry other prescription pet meds as well.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 03:39 AM  
Gams

Some pet meds you can get through a human pharmacy and some you can’t because a lot of meds that are prescribed for pets are also prescribed for humans. I have a dog on three meds for his heart and one is a med that was is in short supply, so it can be frustrating and scary to call in a refill and find out they are out of the medication. I do it early enough that I haven’t completely run out of the medication, but I did run out one time when I had another dog on the same medication.

I will be saying goodbye today to my little boy currently on the medication. I am dreading going to the vet and haven’t slept all night.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 04:32 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I will be saying goodbye today to my little boy currently on the medication. I am dreading going to the vet and haven’t slept all night.
Oh Gams, I'm so, so sorry. I went through this with my beloved girl kitty last summer and I'm tearing up for you right now. Sending you hugs and wishing you peace and comfort.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 06:16 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your cat. It is really hard to lose a fur baby. I'm also sorry that you had such a bad experience with Chewy, which no doubt made a stressful time even worse.

We recently found out that our cat has a heart condition. I was surprised when the kitty cardiologist said the med she was prescribing for him could be purchased through their office or she could call a script in to our grocery store pharmacy. I had no idea that was possible. I'm not sure if that only applied to this particular medication or if people pharmacies carry other prescription pet meds as well.
Thank you - we miss her very, very much as she was the perfect cat. I have 4 others thankfully so they keep me busy.

How I wish her meds were available locally. I called every emergency clinic in the area and then vet offices but it wasn't to be.

Diane

Diane
Old 04-11-20, 06:18 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I'm so sorry, Gams. We just went through it and it never gets easier. Couple it with social distancing and it makes it not only painfully sad but anxiety-ridden. I'll be thinking of you and your boy today.

Diane

Diane

Tags
chewy.com, ontrac sucks