Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-20, 09:26 AM  
Messe

I have no trouble motivating myself to do my strength workouts, but I'm really having to push myself to do any sort of cardio. I've been trying to walk outdoors every day, but I live at the top of a hill in a small condo subdivision, and there's a limit to how many times I want to walk down, down, down the hill and then back up, up, up on the same three short streets.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:29 AM  
leigh1673

Yep same here, I'm sticking mostly to walking (outside - dog walks) and Jessica Smith. Occasionally Leslie S., but I'm finding her over-enthusiasm in some (many) of her workouts a bit hard to take right now.

I'm finding my Ellen Barrett and Barre3 workouts a nice pace these days as well... workouts that encourage breathing, good posture, positivity and gentle movement. The thought of doing HIIT and crazy Beachbody-esque workouts now is so incredibly unappealing now.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:40 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I was doing ok with energy by walking every day but the crappy weather the past few days took care of that. I've also been having very strange dreams and I wake up feeling very anxious like something very ominous is going to happen. It usually dissipates after I'm up for awhile but it's all very unsettling.
I keep having this ominous horrible feeling too...had it all day this past Saturday and it felt sort of unbearable. I cleaned much of the day, trying to distract myself, but that ominous feeling wouldn't leave. I finally managed to doze off for a bit while watching something ridiculous on MeTV and that helped 'reset' my frame of mind, at least for a little while.

Hang in there everyone...
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 11:07 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been having this issue too. I've been doing short 15 minute workouts the past couple of weeks just so I'm doing something other than sitting around fretting about things I can't control. I alternate cardio and strength daily. That's all I can do for now. Hang in there!
Old 03-30-20, 11:12 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
... My attention span is lousy...
Me, too! No energy and terrible attention span. I have some fun hobbies I enjoy and I should be taking this extra time to work on them. I'm only good for about 15 minutes at best.

I'm still doing my workouts. I can't slack due to bone loss issues. The motivation is so low though...

My appetite is off, too. Some folks are stress eaters, I'm a stress non-eater. I have to make meals for my DH whio is busy clearing all the weeds to prepare for wildfire season. (Another potential disaster!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 03:03 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I keep having this ominous horrible feeling too...had it all day this past Saturday and it felt sort of unbearable. I cleaned much of the day, trying to distract myself, but that ominous feeling wouldn't leave. I finally managed to doze off for a bit while watching something ridiculous on MeTV and that helped 'reset' my frame of mind, at least for a little while.

Hang in there everyone...
I know that ominous horrible feeling too. Just when I think I'm handling things ok, the fear and hopelessness comes on. One of my friends was having a really hard time last week with that feeling as well. I don't know if it helps very much, but know you're not the only one who feels that way. I'm glad you were able to do something constructive to try to distract yourself.

Sending positive vibes and hugs to everyone.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 01:20 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

Aside from lifting heavy (in hopes that some of the extra calories go to building muscle!), I am using Jenny Fords Step Across America. It doesn’t tax my brain, and it made me feel like I was outside
Old 04-01-20, 01:24 PM  
sherry7899

After taking a rest day yesterday, I was able to complete my hour of dance cardio this morning. It was a bit of a struggle,but it felt so good to do my usual workout! I hope I can do it again tomorrow.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 02:21 PM  
BunnyHop

I had to laugh at myself the other morning when I went out for a walk. I'd started up the Instant Pot to get some red beans going, and when I was out for my walk, my pace was noticeably faster than usual. I'm almost always the one everybody passes by.

Somehow I just can't stand leaving an appliance unattended when I'm out of the house, so I dashed through my walk to get back faster.

On the plus side, I've been walking for a pretty good while now, and have noticed some real improvements in my stamina. What a relief.
Old 04-01-20, 04:23 PM  
Anny

If anyone is looking for light cardio, Leslie Sansone has an April walking challenge - just two miles a day for each day of April.

There is also a series of three new walks available on her Walking App:
Walk, Run, Lift. Interval walks with use of a resistance band for strength training. There is a clip on her YouTube channel if anyone is interested!

Tags
anxiety, coronavirus, covid-19, fatigue, stress