Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-20, 10:56 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I have found that taking a long walk generally helps. It is so paradoxical here: we have had gorgeous weather for the past few weeks, yet the coronavirus is underlying everything. Such a strange feeling.

Today I stopped at my (luckily) empty Publix and I got two squeeze bottles of light mayo. Why do I need 2? Well, I had been looking for them for weeks and could not find any. This pandemic is making everyone more than a little crazy. I just ordered jigsaw puzzles. I never do jigsaw puzzles, and my art awaits me.

I hope everyone is doing okay and luckily we do have a wonderful and sane community here.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 11:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
I have found that taking a long walk generally helps. It is so paradoxical here: we have had gorgeous weather for the past few weeks, yet the coronavirus is underlying everything. Such a strange feeling.

Lori
Yes, a long walk helps me too, walking has been my main cardio lately. We live in a lightly populated area by the ocean and with access to lovely forest nature trails. It’s easy to maintain a good social distance outside. Our flowers are blooming and after a walk I feel much more hopeful.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 02:43 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post

Today I stopped at my (luckily) empty Publix and I got two squeeze bottles of light mayo. Why do I need 2? Well, I had been looking for them for weeks and could not find any. This pandemic is making everyone more than a little crazy. I just ordered jigsaw puzzles. I never do jigsaw puzzles, and my art awaits me.

I hope everyone is doing okay and luckily we do have a wonderful and sane community here.

Lori
I haven’t done a puzzle since my daughter was a toddler. And the biggest one was probably 25 pieces. Ha ha. We just finished a 1000 piece puzzle and we’re onto our second one this weekend. They are sold out everywhere.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 07:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I was doing ok with energy by walking every day but the crappy weather the past few days took care of that. I've also been having very strange dreams and I wake up feeling very anxious like something very ominous is going to happen. It usually dissipates after I'm up for awhile but it's all very unsettling.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 08:27 AM  
prettyinpink

I haven’t had as much energy for any workouts lately. I just want to do light things to keep moving, but the thought of challenging myself with weights right now is just ugh.

But paradoxically it helps with stress, so I am still going to do it. But yes, walks are good for the soul.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 08:40 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I was doing ok with energy by walking every day but the crappy weather the past few days took care of that. I've also been having very strange dreams and I wake up feeling very anxious like something very ominous is going to happen. It usually dissipates after I'm up for awhile but it's all very unsettling.
My strangest dream was one where I was driving a stolen NYC bus. I am a reluctant driver at best, so I can’t imagine doing this!
Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:04 AM  
sherry7899

I tried doing a happy workout-Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies 5-and I lasted fifteen minutes. Sigh...I will maybe try another segment later. This is just discouraging. I wonder about getting cardio capacity back.

I wish I enjoyed walking outside, but I just don't. I'm not a gardener, either.

Scorpio6, I am sorry about your local restaurant. Are they shutting down for good, or just for now? We don't eat out often, but a local Chinese is a favorite place of ours and we hope they survive. Our favorite Italian place should be okay. They were featured on the Food Network and have an extremely loyal local following. They are doing curbside pickup which has long lines (read about it on their Facebook page). Our other favorite place which is an hour away could end up closing. It's in my hometown and we went on a lot of our first dates there, so it's a sentimental place for us. I am afraid to check their social media.

I am sorry others are struggling also.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'm another one with really low energy these days. I suspect none of us is sleeping well because of coronavirus stress and that is underlying everyone's tiredness. Plus, it's really hard to be motivated if you never go anywhere or do anything. We are trying to walk (and exercise) daily, but outside walking and Bar Method is about all I can work up the energy for.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:25 AM  
alisoncooks

Yep, I've been feeling pretty blah. Watching movies, reading. The weather is nice today so I'm going to try to get outside.

Also, food stuff is making me feel low level anxious all the time. Like -- I'm able to get some stuff (though not always what I normally get or want) but the *mental energy* of trying to figure out well-rounded, healthyish meals for the household...it's exhausting. I've given up meal planning, and am just keeping a running list of things in the freezer and potential meals that can be made. Then I check them off as we eat them.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:26 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
OMG, I thought it was just me! (Full disclosure I did binge all of Ozark this weekend, and that took up all my time, rationalizing this...)

Very low energy and teenagers and husband all in my workout space are also attributing to it...
I'm feeling the same way! I feel tired and low energy all of the time even though I'm getting a lot of sleep and DH is saying the same thing. Comforting to know it's not just us. Also binge watching Ozark - my new favorite series - and rewatching Harry Potter films. Anything but the news!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anxiety, coronavirus, covid-19, fatigue, stress