Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-14, 02:26 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=eam531;2399602 One of the selling points for DDPY is that several of the workouts are 20-35 minutes long. As people get stronger, they graduate to the longer workouts and do those most of the time.

Aside from the more do-able length of most of the DDPY workouts, a big selling point for me was the addition of calisthenic and PT-like exercises as well as yoga postures.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with all of this...in fact my favorite workout from DDPY is Strength Builder as it clocks in at 40 minutes. I can't do hour long workouts; that is why I am shying away from Ultimate Yogi.

I also like the vibe of DDPY much better than Travis' demeanor. I have Yoga Short and Sweet and it has an entirely different feel than DDPY. More zen; more yoga-y.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 06:07 PM  
Mickey12

Thanks Betsy and Jackie. I really appreciate the feedback!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 07:24 PM  
sharkee

I broke down today and ordered the max pack. I figured I might as well get the biggest package since you get the most workouts for the money and I guess if I don't like it there is always the 30 money back quarantee
Old 05-10-14, 08:17 PM  
lorajc

How hard are the extreme DVDs? I have the original pack and they didn't have those back then. I'm thinking about ordering.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 08:18 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I haven't even done the extreme dvds. Lorajc do you have a trade list? I am not sure I'll ever do them. Maybe.

Jackie
Old 05-10-14, 09:25 PM  
lorajc

Yes let me try to find it and post it....actually...I'll post it tomorrow...just got a baby kitty...7 wks old. Sleeping in my lap after a bad day...just left his mom today, went to vet, etc......my husband and i just lost our dear 19 yr old cat and it was the hardest cat we ever lost so this is a big day for us also ....he died at the end of march....anyway...I'm really interested in those DVDs so please wait for me to respond tomorrow......can't leave the nsorry to go off subject.ew kitten with the other cats without supervision right now and i don't want to wake him up....wish I knew how to post his pic...he's adorable....but I'm biased....sorry to go off subject.
Old 05-11-14, 10:56 AM  
lorajc

Jackie - Okay....on my big computer and posted my list. Hope you find something on it you like!! My baby is still in my lap...but at least I can type easier on this keyboard....gotta love them kittens!!
Old 05-11-14, 11:09 AM  
in paris

lorajc, just sneaking in to say happy mother's day!
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 09:44 PM  
killoffsonny

I'm wondering if these videos build on one another. IOW if I buy the first pack and then want to buy the next pack up at a later time will some of the workouts be repeats?
Old 05-13-14, 09:51 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I'm wondering if these videos build on one another. IOW if I buy the first pack and then want to buy the next pack up at a later time will some of the workouts be repeats?
The workouts do build on each other. I have done all the workouts except "Double Black Diamond" in the basic pack. They are all very similar but take the moves to more difficult poses. IE with Energy spinal traction aka "broken table" is just held, in Fat Burner he adds "crunches", in Strength Builder he adds "broken airplane"...it does progress.

I should try "Double Black Diamond" but honestly it's the length that scares me. I loathe long workouts and that one is over an hour!

Jackie

Tags
calisthenics, ddp, ddp yoga, james knight, somatic yoga